Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Dreamworks - Ventrix Update

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Dreamworks - Ventrix Update

Old 03-22-2017, 12:25 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dreamworks - Ventrix Update

Having a pair of Ventrix on display, and clocking dozens of flights on them at FJ2017; there was quite a bit of false rumor, confusion, and interest in this airframe.
I realize we have been a bit tight-lipped on the status of the Ventrix and I thought it would be best to dispel any rumors floating around and explain the release delays from our end.

The Ventrix is a fantastic low cost turbine airframe, perhaps one of the best introductory level aircraft I have personally flown; yet even the seasoned pilots that have flown them have shared a desire to add one to their stable as an everyday sport plane.
So why have we been so quiet?..... I have learned over my numerous years in this industry to never heavily promote a product until we physically have the item in-house and available; delays in production or delivery, when customers are anxiously awaiting product arrival, tend to create unnecessary frustrations for all.
Our container of Ventrix kits arrived at the US ports in late November, and shortly afterwards was seized by customs due to a copyright infringement; the factory supplying an unlicensed Michelin logo on the sticker sheet included in the box with the kits. In January, we acquired the release paperwork from Michelin, clearing our infringement with Customs. However, as with most things tend to go with our pathetically run government entities, we are still waiting for them to provide a release of our shipment….. “We are busy, we will get to it when we get to it” is what we are told.
As soon as customs decides they need to stop eating doughnuts and releases our container, the kits have physically arrived at our facility, we will post them on the website for purchase. Until then, like you…. We sit and wait for my tax dollars to be put to use ☹

While we are on the subject of the Ventrix; we do have stock on the Pro-Link electric gear sets specifically developed for the Ventrix and we will be offering install packages which include virtually everything needed to complete your Ventrix at significant savings. We will also offer complete combo packages including you turbine choice; JetCat P100, JetsMunt VT80 or M100 with further savings offered!

We apologize for these delays which are out of our control… but wanted the facts to be known!
For those that have been patiently waiting, just know the wait will be worth it!
Todd Witkoff
Dreamworks Model Products

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	4M7A5754_edited-1.jpg
Views:	3682
Size:	832.4 KB
ID:	2206554   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-03-22 14.58.23.jpg
Views:	3582
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	2206555   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-03-22 14.58.27.jpg
Views:	3573
Size:	341.9 KB
ID:	2206556  
Old 03-22-2017, 12:35 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Looks like it is time for hobbyists to start contacting their representatives about the Customs. Then again just getting judges to quit going along with the temper tantrums of the safe spacers over everything that comes down the line would probably help too.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:47 PM
lov2flyrc

Well, in some respects, I understand customs has a job to do! And while we were unaware we were in violation of a copyright, and the fault lies with the factory completely; it is pathetic that we are waiting 3 months and counting for them to simply release the shipment to us, yet lightning fast to seize it over a 1" x 2" sticker included in the box
Old 07-19-2017, 11:41 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

I guess they also took the shell.....Audi....and bosh....because those are not on the decal sheet I got?

i just finish unpacking the plane, pretty nicely done for a wood plane, I looking forward to put this together in a short matter.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:24 PM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default customs

Originally Posted by lov2flyrc
Having a pair of Ventrix on display, and clocking dozens of flights on them at FJ2017; there was quite a bit of false rumor, confusion, and interest in this airframe.
I realize we have been a bit tight-lipped on the status of the Ventrix and I thought it would be best to dispel any rumors floating around and explain the release delays from our end.

The Ventrix is a fantastic low cost turbine airframe, perhaps one of the best introductory level aircraft I have personally flown; yet even the seasoned pilots that have flown them have shared a desire to add one to their stable as an everyday sport plane.
So why have we been so quiet?..... I have learned over my numerous years in this industry to never heavily promote a product until we physically have the item in-house and available; delays in production or delivery, when customers are anxiously awaiting product arrival, tend to create unnecessary frustrations for all.
Our container of Ventrix kits arrived at the US ports in late November, and shortly afterwards was seized by customs due to a copyright infringement; the factory supplying an unlicensed Michelin logo on the sticker sheet included in the box with the kits. In January, we acquired the release paperwork from Michelin, clearing our infringement with Customs. However, as with most things tend to go with our pathetically run government entities, we are still waiting for them to provide a release of our shipment….. “We are busy, we will get to it when we get to it” is what we are told.
As soon as customs decides they need to stop eating doughnuts and releases our container, the kits have physically arrived at our facility, we will post them on the website for purchase. Until then, like you…. We sit and wait for my tax dollars to be put to use ☹

While we are on the subject of the Ventrix; we do have stock on the Pro-Link electric gear sets specifically developed for the Ventrix and we will be offering install packages which include virtually everything needed to complete your Ventrix at significant savings. We will also offer complete combo packages including you turbine choice; JetCat P100, JetsMunt VT80 or M100 with further savings offered!

We apologize for these delays which are out of our control… but wanted the facts to be known!
For those that have been patiently waiting, just know the wait will be worth it!
Todd Witkoff
Dreamworks Model Products

I tend to stay out of these things, but this one I just couldn't. Todd I understand your frustration as dealing with many government entities suck, but like many other companies and places, they are understaffed, over worked and underpaid for the crap they have to deal with. I have family that works for customs in LA and Miami and it is a horror show for them as well. The sheer volume of stuff that come across our borders that they have to contend with and then to have to stop a container of product because of a stupid sticker, but its their job not matter how stupid. Now you have done what you have done to get it rectified, but you are worried about one or two containers, but they have millions of containers that they have to deal with constantly and these stupid little legal issues. You are upset because they are not working as fast as you would like them to, but look at it in the grand scheme of what they have to deal with. Not starting a pissing war, but I know the story from the other side and with all these manufacturers overseas shipping stuff here, their headaches have multiplied as well. I went out and did a quick search for you, here are some stats from 2013 about this very thing:

"This year, CBP processed more than $2.3 trillion in trade while enforcing U.S. trade laws that protect the nation’s economy and the health and safety of the American public. CBP processed nearly 25 million cargo containers through the nation's ports of entry, up 1 percent from last year. CBP conducted more than 24,000 seizures of goods that violated intellectual property rights, with a total retail value of $1.7 billion, representing a 38 percent increase in value from FY 2012. "

Patrick
Old 07-19-2017, 02:09 PM
Dansy

On the other hand letting those little decals on toy planes would just be free publicity LOL �� ya I know doesn't work that way....
Old 07-20-2017, 04:39 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Sorry to hear about the issues Todd.

I can understand if this was a batch of tires with the Michelin logo on them. But a sticker in the box of a "Toy" airplane??? WOW. This world has gotten WAY to serious about stuff. It's obviously not "Fake" product... and someone like Michelin should just look at it as free advertising. Who knows... someone may buy their tires because of some subliminal thought after seeing it at a jet rally.

Best of luck getting it straightened out.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:13 AM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Gentlemen. Apparently this has all been worked out and is old news as they had a number of "kits" on hand and for sale at Kentucky Jets last week.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:55 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by Steve Collins
Gentlemen. Apparently this has all been worked out and is old news as they had a number of "kits" on hand and for sale at Kentucky Jets last week.
Well not really because I have one of the said kit.....and there's no Audi, Shell, or Michelin decals....which leave the world ventrix.....and number 1, and 4 flags that I won't use
Old 07-20-2017, 06:32 AM
lov2flyrc

Just call the office and ask them to mail you a sticker sheet. We have the full sheets available for free. To comply with the copyright we can't include them in the kits 😐
Old 08-10-2017, 08:57 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by lov2flyrc
Just call the office and ask them to mail you a sticker sheet. We have the full sheets available for free. To comply with the copyright we can't include them in the kits 😐
I called and they told me they don't, which is fine not a deal breaker for me since I make my own decals....
Old 08-10-2017, 09:02 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

My buddy is finishing one up, hopefully I'll get to see it and maybe fly it this weekend.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:30 AM
AU Tiger

I got 9 flights on my ventral this past weekend. My limited jet experience has been on a Composite ARF Spark with a TJ-100 fan on 10S and an old F-15 from GJC. The Ventrix is total cake compared to any other jet I have flown. Its envelop is pretty big and the lift generated from the wing is outstanding. I still need to figure out some mixes because the rolls have a bit to be desired. I think some of this comes from the thrust point being mid jet. I am flying mine with a K-100 and its plenty of power for sport flying. Vertical is OKAY if you build up some good smack. For a beginner like my self its plenty, I cannot see myself putting a bigger motor in down the road because it is what it is but the jet could use a 140 if you want unlimited vertical. I would just manage the down lines. The gear that comes with the kit is fantastic and functions great, super high quality gear. We did have a big issue come up with some of the hardware but I am going to discuss it with Dreamworks first before public debate. Overall I am very pleased with the jet and I would highly recommend it to guys transitioning into turbines. Its a fantastic model that will make you very comfortable quickly.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:44 AM
BarracudaHockey

Sorry I missed the maiden but it was hot enough to melt the gates to hell and I had all I could take.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:07 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by AU Tiger
I got 9 flights on my ventral this past weekend. My limited jet experience has been on a Composite ARF Spark with a TJ-100 fan on 10S and an old F-15 from GJC. The Ventrix is total cake compared to any other jet I have flown. Its envelop is pretty big and the lift generated from the wing is outstanding. I still need to figure out some mixes because the rolls have a bit to be desired. I think some of this comes from the thrust point being mid jet. I am flying mine with a K-100 and its plenty of power for sport flying. Vertical is OKAY if you build up some good smack. For a beginner like my self its plenty, I cannot see myself putting a bigger motor in down the road because it is what it is but the jet could use a 140 if you want unlimited vertical. I would just manage the down lines. The gear that comes with the kit is fantastic and functions great, super high quality gear. We did have a big issue come up with some of the hardware but I am going to discuss it with Dreamworks first before public debate. Overall I am very pleased with the jet and I would highly recommend it to guys transitioning into turbines. Its a fantastic model that will make you very comfortable quickly.
'I'm just finishing one myself......ya there's a bunch of issues not a quick ARF for sure. I'm waiting for my fuel tank...
Old 08-14-2017, 08:15 AM
MikePS

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Sorry I missed the maiden but it was hot enough to melt the gates to hell and I had all I could take.
+1. Eager to see it fly at JaxRC.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:53 AM
AU Tiger

Originally Posted by Dansy
'I'm just finishing one myself......ya there's a bunch of issues not a quick ARF for sure. I'm waiting for my fuel tank...
Make sure you replace the plastic ball links, we had one fail and break in half and lucky we caught it before the 2nd flight. I have never seen one fail like this and I was shocked. I am replacing all of mine that came with the kit.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:31 AM
Dansy

I always replace Chinese ball link with Korean one LOL (secraft).....
Old 08-14-2017, 04:50 PM
TimD.
My Feedback: (207)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
+1 Agreed !!!
Old 08-29-2017, 04:10 PM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

Smile

Here is the Ventrix I put together for AU Tiger... We didn't measure after adjusting the CG, but I started with it set to the rear-most mfg spec and we found it seemed nose heavy so I moved the RX batteries back to just in front of the fuel tank. This cleaned up the rolls since we could take out the elevator trim and inverted flight took very little elevator. I got a flight on his Ventrix and it is a great flying jet that's easy to feel confident with. It has excellent speed, tracks like its on rails, and does nice big loops without petering out at the top. I'd say the K-100 is a perfect match.

Name:	20727970_10213874832884780_3200660266287572517_n.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	2229810   Click image for larger version

Name:	20799388_10213874833284790_3106057450630008620_n.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	2229811   Click image for larger version

Name:	20988324_1159445984201037_2108182743551531041_o.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	2229812  
Old 09-19-2017, 11:16 AM
rshadroui
My Feedback: (10)

Smile Ventrix Jet CG

Originally Posted by Acs_guitars
Here is the Ventrix I put together for AU Tiger... We didn't measure after adjusting the CG, but I started with it set to the rear-most mfg spec and we found it seemed nose heavy so I moved the RX batteries back to just in front of the fuel tank. This cleaned up the rolls since we could take out the elevator trim and inverted flight took very little elevator. I got a flight on his Ventrix and it is a great flying jet that's easy to feel confident with. It has excellent speed, tracks like its on rails, and does nice big loops without petering out at the top. I'd say the K-100 is a perfect match.
Just got got the ventrix,What CG would you use
Old 09-19-2017, 01:42 PM
Dansy

I got a couple flights on mine still adjusting the c&g I stated at 180mm back, but I slowly removed the dead weight...had 169g but removed 40g so far, I have 4 batteries in the nose

I was at 9.49kg with all the weight UAT and Intairco filter full, ¼" in the main tank.....power is good with a K100

Name:	IMG_4687.JPG
Views:	273
Size:	4.56 MB
ID:	2232767  
Old 05-23-2018, 03:26 AM
Fili

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey all, I'm getting ready to assemble mine, which retracts did you use? thanks!
Old 05-23-2018, 03:28 AM
BarracudaHockey

The combo gear works fine on the one at our field
Old 05-23-2018, 11:02 AM
rshadroui
My Feedback: (10)

I used the electric gear that was made for the plane. I did not want to use the gear they put in the combo as the spring gets loose after a wile and need to be replaced and does not fit into the wing the way it is supose to. I bought the plane with no tank and no gear. Bought the gear form SkyToys RC and using Dubro 100 oz fuel tank.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.