Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

What counts as a high performance aircraft

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

What counts as a high performance aircraft

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 02:10 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Len Todd
During the Sprint's build I was disappointed that problems that were discovered years earlier were not fixed on my build. But, ... Then I built a Hanger 9 project and comparatively, the Sprint's issues were minor!
I had to cut all my hinges, my elevator was warped, the metal guide rods didn't fit in the holes because they were crooked, None of the control horns hardware fit together, had to tap all of the bolt on connections and buy different bolts to fit, and the landing gear blocks were that cheap dark colored Chinese pine wood that you have to reinforce to use. It was sad...
Old 09-07-2017, 04:55 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Must be you had an earlier version. Mine was not that bad. Maybe they actually fixed some of the problems before I got mine. ??
Old 09-08-2017, 03:37 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cmoore806
Hey guys I want to work towards a turbine waiver. I've been sport flying for 20 years. I've read the AMA turbine waiver document and read I need to have 50 flights on a high performance aircraft. I currently fly IMAC style 35% extra 260 but would that count as high performance? I want to use what I have already so I can save my money for my first jet. Thinking of a good EDF but those are nearly the same as a turbine setup
Man if you're flying IMAC with a 35% extra...at least you know how to do a loop, Slow roll or a 4 point roll..most of these jet jocks can only fly in circles (Like myself lol). Get a turbine jet trainer and a mentor with a buddy box and you good lol.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:22 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Len Todd
Must be you had an earlier version. Mine was not that bad. Maybe they actually fixed some of the problems before I got mine. ??
Mine was fresh off the boat April of 2016
Old 09-10-2017, 11:35 AM
cmoore806
My Feedback: (82)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay I ordered the Stinger 90 EDF Thursday and it got to me Saturday. WOW! Still haven't gotten the GP Rifle tower hobbies plane I ordered but when it gets here I'll return it. I'm very impressed with the quality and size of the freewing stinger plane. So so cool.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:07 PM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by basimpsn
Man if you're flying IMAC with a 35% extra...at least you know how to do a loop, Slow roll or a 4 point roll..most of these jet jocks can only fly in circles (Like myself lol). Get a turbine jet trainer and a mentor with a buddy box and you good lol.
I agree with you. Allot of the jet guys over here have great experience with turbine jets but fly them so seldom so even though they are capable of quite advanced flying it always looks like a maiden flight more or less at 1000ft altitude.

It's nothing magic with turbine jets, just another way of propulsion. If used to IMAC planes that carry around 2lb of gas (that actually is really flammable apart from jet fuel) you already know the drill. So I'm sure it will be perfectly fine. How that AMA wavier sees it I don't know as we don't have that over here.