Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Swiwin turbines ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Swiwin turbines ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 06:07 AM
horsefeetky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes but brushed pump breaking is usually only 15-30 min run time at best and this motor in question has 7 hours of good run on it. i can only imagine the battery as the ecu will increase the fuel needed automatically if it thinks the motor needs it to start. but im betting the glow plug is not getting the heat it needs. at start up the battery is taxed with both high glow power for sustained time along with pump and starter
Old 01-14-2019, 09:35 AM
CRX Turbines

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi,

You can call me or email me. I service the engines for Swiwin. Please tell me is this an older brushed or newer brushless engine? This does sound like a pump issue as the engines do run well and are consistent running. There are a few things to go through and I don't want to rule out a motor issue because it could also be a motor issue.

My website is CRX Turbines - CRX Turbines or www.swiwinusa.com. both go to the same page. You can reach me at 716-946-7493 or my email address [email protected].

if you have another comparable pump this is something to try and lastly, what pump start voltage are you set to now? if you are getting glow bad consistently then you will need to send this in for repair. Call me...

Andy

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Guys need help here, i have bought a new swiwin sw60 turbine with hsd viper, have only 7 hours on it now...it has started giving me issues, one is hot start, every 4/5 flight is usually hot start becoz my pump pumps up massive fuel during startup which in return overfloods the turbine ending up with fire...and since last 6-8 flights i have noticed whistle like sound when rpm is increased from idle i.e. while its in the bracket of 70,000 to 90,000 it creased a whistle like sound and this sound comes when increasing or decreasing the throttle... today it started showing glowplug bad error on startups..i mean left right and center this turbine is an issue..atleast for me...if anyone would help in getting me the perfect ecu settings for the older swiwin turbine versions..not the brushless ones.
Old 04-07-2019, 11:39 AM
extra300s

Hows these turbines going? Any past 25hours trouble free?
Old 04-29-2019, 04:50 AM
extra300s

????
Old 04-29-2019, 04:15 PM
novajets

Originally Posted by extra300s
Yes, I know directly of several engines that are over 30+ hours now without overhaul and still no issues.
Old 04-29-2019, 05:11 PM
T_CAT

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

It would be nice to see Swiwin announce some updates on their developments with their turbines. I am interested in their SW45, but it feels like the everlasting wait.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:53 AM
arizcowboy
My Feedback: (14)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by T_CAT
It would be nice to see Swiwin announce some updates on their developments with their turbines. I am interested in their SW45, but it feels like the everlasting wait.
talked to factory last nite . no release date on the sw 45. release date for the sw 300 possible by end of month.. Terry badboyzrc.com
Old 04-30-2019, 01:59 PM
T_CAT

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by arizcowboy
talked to factory last nite . no release date on the sw 45. release date for the sw 300 possible by end of month.. Terry badboyzrc.com
Thank you Terry. I appreciate the information. Has the project been shelfed for potential of later release, or has it been completely cancelled without plans to release it?

The SW45 was the perfect balance for me between thrust, weight and size for the size airframes I enjoy flying most.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:59 PM
D.C.M. MotorWorx
My Feedback: (290)

I have over 75 flights on my SW60 and it has never failed to start or run and has been flawless.
Andy at CRX has been awesome and will answer all your questions that you might have.
Fixing to order a 190 from him for another project seeing how reliable my 60 has been.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:49 AM
CRX Turbines

Swiwin has shelved the 45 for now. Sorry to say this but they have been enmeshed in work on the larger engines such as the 300 and military contracts. I think after things settle down, they will revisit this.

Andy

Originally Posted by T_CAT
Thank you Terry. I appreciate the information. Has the project been shelfed for potential of later release, or has it been completely cancelled without plans to release it?

The SW45 was the perfect balance for me between thrust, weight and size for the size airframes I enjoy flying most.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:59 AM
CRX Turbines

I have had some back after 25 hours and more. I think it is too early to tell yet. Swiwin has released many motors since the 60 which has seen a dozen revisions since the initial release. The engines that come back to me are all in very good shape. I work on many different engines. The internal structure of manufacturer A to B to C is not that much different so if you are asking if Swiwin is a good motor, I can honestly say you will save money and they hold together well.

Originally Posted by extra300s
Old 06-23-2019, 09:22 AM
André Bx.

Default Fuel consumption

How is your fuelconsumption on this engines?
On different websites different consumption are listed, so anyone messured their consumption ?
Old 09-02-2019, 04:53 AM
Ceeray

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Does anyone have any idea why my sw12b v3 likes to create a bit of smoke when at idle power? Running with diesel and other engines of mine do not do that .

the engine is practically new.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:09 AM
CRX Turbines

Ceeray,

Diesel is inherently dirty in comparison to Kero or JetA. I suggest to try kero to rule out the fuel. next is the oil, mainly how much are you using and what brand?

A few more questions for you:
  • How is the engine running aside from smoking.
  • How is fuel consumption
  • And finally is the engine popping or is it running smoothly when idling?
You can PM me if desired or email me [email protected].

Andy
CRX Turbines

Originally Posted by Ceeray
Does anyone have any idea why my sw12b v3 likes to create a bit of smoke when at idle power? Running with diesel and other engines of mine do not do that .

the engine is practically new.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:57 AM
Ceeray

I'll mail you thanks.
Old 09-02-2019, 04:27 PM
geneh-RCU
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Swiwin 60 did not like diesel fuel. From day 1 it had idle problems ( would drop below minimum rpm and shut down sometimes) on diesel and after about 15 flights it started to smoke almost like I had a smoke system if it was less that 75% throttle. I was advised to try Kerosene or Jet-A. Switched to Kerosene and it runs wonderful. The idle problem was fixed as well. I now have about 90 flights and it runs great. Try the kerosene with 5% oil.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:00 PM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I do understand that diesel is dirty, but it still doesn’t explain why some of these engines produce so much smoke on diesel when I’ve never seen or heard of another brand doing the same. Any logical explanation of what’s actually happening inside the turbine to cause the smoke and why it would be so different among brands?
Old 09-09-2019, 05:34 PM
CRX Turbines

Hi Auburn,

I asked you some questions above:
  • How is the engine running aside from smoking.
  • How is fuel consumption
  • Is the engine popping or is it running smoothly when idling?
Perhaps your engine has some issues internal to the turbine... If you would like to send your engine in for an evaluation, please consider sending it in and we will have a look. We are a full service center. if you send it in, we will resolve your issues.

Andy Fioretti
CRX Turbines
716-946-7493

Originally Posted by Auburn02
I do understand that diesel is dirty, but it still doesn’t explain why some of these engines produce so much smoke on diesel when I’ve never seen or heard of another brand doing the same. Any logical explanation of what’s actually happening inside the turbine to cause the smoke and why it would be so different among brands?

Last edited by CRX Turbines; 09-09-2019 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-10-2019, 01:33 PM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Oh I don't have one, didn't mean to imply that I did. But I've only witnessed first hand one brand of turbine smoking continuously and only on one type of fuel. i.e. geneh-RCU's comment "it started to smoke almost like I had a smoke system if it was less that 75% throttle. I was advised to try Kerosene or Jet-A. Switched to Kerosene and it runs wonderful." From what I have been told and geneh-RCU confirmed in his reply the engines operate and perform just fine, but again I was just curious from a physical/mechanical standpoint what would be different among brands that would cause the behavior from one and not others.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:05 PM
CRX Turbines

Hi Auburn

I did not realize your question is hypothetical but either way, diesel makes more smoke and can be more energetic than kero. I think without conducting some analysis that these are general statements so the answers will be general. In general, diesel makes more smoke and the amount of smoke can differ depending on where you are. Truckers would concur I am sure. But if an engine smokes more than others, I lean toward a problem with that engine. I have one here that was sent to me. It is an older engine. The owner states he can run it on kero but it will not behave on diesel. For this particular case I discovered some of the needles were clogged. If I get too much heat or smoke with any given engine, I lean toward something wrong with that engine, not the brand and not the design. Every engine is a little different. I have four engines here. They are consecutive serial numbers, all made on the same day by the same hands. They all behave a little differently.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Originally Posted by Auburn02
Oh I don't have one, didn't mean to imply that I did. But I've only witnessed first hand one brand of turbine smoking continuously and only on one type of fuel. i.e. geneh-RCU's comment "it started to smoke almost like I had a smoke system if it was less that 75% throttle. I was advised to try Kerosene or Jet-A. Switched to Kerosene and it runs wonderful." From what I have been told and geneh-RCU confirmed in his reply the engines operate and perform just fine, but again I was just curious from a physical/mechanical standpoint what would be different among brands that would cause the behavior from one and not others.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:05 AM
Ceeray

My smoking occurs only with 20% or less throttle. And reducing oil to 3% with diesel helped.. does not bother me as it runs and starts well.

I tried wren turboprop with diesel.. its horrible! Gearbox lubricates with fuel and it is vaporized at exhaust. Basically its like running smoke fluid all the time to exhaust. I have to run it with kero...

my clothes smelled like driving old 2 stroke moped for days..

Last edited by Ceeray; 09-11-2019 at 10:09 AM.
Old 11-16-2019, 06:39 AM
Jmav7279

Default Swinwin turbines

I've got to hand it to Andy! We met a long time ago when I first started my turbine adventure and Andy has never steered me wrong.
I started with a Jj1400 then to a P70 and moved up by leaps and bounds to a SW190 for my Odyssey sport jet. At first there was a little fear of what I bought but many hours later, I wish I pulled the trigger earlier! Recently I bought an SW80. Another winner! Many hours later and still kicking *****!
If you are apprehensive or fearful about these engines...don't be.

Old 11-16-2019, 08:14 AM
funflyerf4
My Feedback: (6)

Originally Posted by Jmav7279
I've got to hand it to Andy! We met a long time ago when I first started my turbine adventure and Andy has never steered me wrong.
I started with a Jj1400 then to a P70 and moved up by leaps and bounds to a SW190 for my Odyssey sport jet. At first there was a little fear of what I bought but many hours later, I wish I pulled the trigger earlier! Recently I bought an SW80. Another winner! Many hours later and still kicking *****!
If you are apprehensive or fearful about these engines...don't be.

Tell me about a-10x or fun jet. I still have one new in the box ,my old one had a Ram 500 and was thinking of the Swin 80 also. Frank
Old 11-16-2019, 08:16 AM
Jmav7279

Default A10x

Perfect fit and performance for the plane. Unlimited vertical too!
Old 11-16-2019, 08:17 AM
Jmav7279

Any questions you can call me at 919-345-6983