Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

3D Printing (need)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

3D Printing (need)

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 06:12 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Robin, look at fusion 360. Much more powerful than sketchup and IMO easier to use with way better online tutorials and support. I have an SLA printer and a filament. Filament can be flakey with calibration and jamming, and I have a good one. But, it opens a whole new world for us, you think it up, you can make it. The SLA printers are coming down in price fast.just don't plan on making stuff much bigger than 6-7" with an SLA. My filament printer has an 11" table. Lots of fun to do this stuff. I,m doing a meshmixer tutorial right now, another important piece of software to edit stl's.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:17 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Robin, look at fusion 360. Much more powerful than sketchup and IMO easier to use with way better online tutorials and support. I have an SLA printer and a filament. Filament can be flakey with calibration and jamming, and I have a good one. But, it opens a whole new world for us, you think it up, you can make it. The SLA printers are coming down in price fast.just don't plan on making stuff much bigger than 6-7" with an SLA. My filament printer has an 11" table. Lots of fun to do this stuff. I,m doing a meshmixer tutorial right now, another important piece of software to edit stl's.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:05 AM
RobinLeblond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DrScoles, I’m using ScketchUp because I want an app that is free and will always remain free (at least the last full download and installation file I had) because I drew/draw an entire new airplane/plan for my current project and want to be sure I will always be able to open the plan. I was using Autocad long time ago and was looking to buy a new licence or use the Fuzion one, but as Sketchup is free and do all I need and mostly the last downloaded setup file will remain free, I choose it.