Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Change is hard

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Change is hard

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 09:53 AM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by invertmast

oh lets see:

iphone:
safari, firefox, chrome, dolphin and about 3 others, all have the same problem.

PC: firefox, safari, chrome and IE all the same problem.

Did i mention how horrible the new classifieds as?
What problem is it exactly?
Old 04-09-2018, 09:38 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by IBobi
do you guys just not actually pay attention to the member posts? The issue of when you look at an ad and then use the back button it takes you back to the main menu. Not the category or filter you've used. It does thisin multiple browsers and mobile phones.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:34 AM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

im losing faith in rcu quickly. been here since the beginning. the switch in the marketplace is like an april fools joke that hasnt stopped.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:44 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by IBobi
Oh F........RCU has been outsourced!
Old 04-10-2018, 03:50 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

BTW, The RC G Jet Classified section has really come alive in the last few weeks. I think folks have made their minds.

Incredible that a very well known jet only website could not move users to their product, but a crappy RCU update did it almost effortlessly.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:07 AM
jetmaven

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In post 56 you asked me for a screen shot of a pop up with sound . Here's one from today .

( well I tried to attach it but it wouldn't go )

Last edited by jetmaven; 04-10-2018 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Addl
Old 04-10-2018, 05:13 AM
jetmaven

Now it went ( post 81)
Old 04-10-2018, 06:32 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

I have seriously taken a hard look at RC Groups. I'm likely to start.

Edit: Looks like I'm already signed up! Looks like I did it 10 years ago!

Last edited by ravill; 04-10-2018 at 06:40 AM.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:55 AM
Daleroger
My Feedback: (39)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ibobi,,,,,,it's time to admit you screwed up, and return all back the way it was, before you lose the whole ball game. You are bleeding members every day . I've been an active modeler for 38 years,,,,,,,trust me on this one,,,,,,
Old 04-10-2018, 09:47 AM
IBobi

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
do you guys just not actually pay attention to the member posts? The issue of when you look at an ad and then use the back button it takes you back to the main menu. Not the category or filter you've used. It does thisin multiple browsers and mobile phones.
Aha. This issue has already been logged with our techs for fixing. Thank you.

Originally Posted by jetmaven
In post 56 you asked me for a screen shot of a pop up with sound . Here's one from today .
( well I tried to attach it but it wouldn't go
Does that automatically play with sound?

Also, per our announcement for the VB upgrade, photo attachments are no longer necessary. You just post them inline as you did here by clicking the "picture" icon.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:11 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Ibobi,
the problem i speak of is going into any category and selecting “next page”, it sends you to page 1 of The original home screen.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:43 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by invertmast
Ibobi,
the problem i speak of is going into any category and selecting “next page”, it sends you to page 1 of The original home screen.
I believe this is fixed a few days ago. If I read your comment correctly, you go to the market, click a category such as Airplanes, then click next, and ...for me, it goes to page 2 of Airplanes.

If it's not doing that for you, what device and browser and skin are you using?
Old 04-10-2018, 03:01 PM
jetmaven

ibobi, yes Sir , as soon as I open the page the sound is there .
Im an iPad user .
Old 04-10-2018, 03:04 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by jetmaven
ibobi, yes Sir , as soon as I open the page the sound is there .
Im an iPad user .
I'll see if I can get it nixxed.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:11 PM
jetmaven

That would be good , thank you.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:10 PM
paulsf86
My Feedback: (52)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

When I select airplanes, I don't want all airplane categories checked. Then I have to go thru and uncheck all that I do not want. Just list them and let the viewer check what they want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also where is the offer section and what offers have been made?
Old 04-10-2018, 09:31 PM
LGM Graphix

LOL your new category filters don't work at all on mobile. I click "airplanes: jets" and I don't even get just airplanes. Do you even test this stuff before putting it out there? This reminds me of fly eagle jets. Put out a new product and let your consumers be the beta testers and be frustrated when it crashes and burns.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:59 AM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by paulsf86
When I select airplanes, I don't want all airplane categories checked. Then I have to go thru and uncheck all that I do not want. Just list them and let the viewer check what they want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also where is the offer section and what offers have been made?
IBobi
I appreciate you listening to our input and trying to make things better, but I think you guys tried to do a quick fix, not really understanding the issue. Looks to me like you just copied the category list, put a pick box next to each item and pre checked the boxes for whatever was selected on the previous page. How about when we want to sort for airplanes, engines, etc only the subcategories that fall under that heading appear and you let us check the boxes for ones we want to see, kind of like we used to do on the old format. Also, every other forum on this site has the ability to mark the forum read, could this be done with the classifieds?

I understand there are many reasons for changing formats, be it that no longer supported software, existing format not compatible with new servers, expired licenses, whatever, so I'm not going to criticize you guys for making the change, but it hasn't been handled well. It really seems to me that the people who did the change never bothered to make sure they maintained the features that made the site easy to navigate and valuable to the users. Kind of reminds me of an old smartphone I had, they packed all these neat features and apps into it, but it got poor reception, dropped calls all the time and basically sucked at the main reason I bought it, to make phone calls. I didn't keep that phone very long.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:04 PM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paulsf86
I'll see if we can do anything about this. If you search product type by going to Marketplace - RCU Forums you will be able to search by the categories you choose yourself. The offer section is gone. Now you can make an offer via a public reply, where you can also see other user's offers. you can also PM the seller to make an offer.

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
LOL your new category filters don't work at all on mobile. I click "airplanes: jets" and I don't even get just airplanes. Do you even test this stuff before putting it out there? This reminds me of fly eagle jets. Put out a new product and let your consumers be the beta testers and be frustrated when it crashes and burns.
Can you send me a screenshot of those results? I tested on iOS and saw only Jets.

Originally Posted by rcmigpilot
IBobi
I appreciate you listening to our input and trying to make things better, but I think you guys tried to do a quick fix, not really understanding the issue. Looks to me like you just copied the category list, put a pick box next to each item and pre checked the boxes for whatever was selected on the previous page. How about when we want to sort for airplanes, engines, etc only the subcategories that fall under that heading appear and you let us check the boxes for ones we want to see, kind of like we used to do on the old format. Also, every other forum on this site has the ability to mark the forum read, could this be done with the classifieds?

I understand there are many reasons for changing formats, be it that no longer supported software, existing format not compatible with new servers, expired licenses, whatever, so I'm not going to criticize you guys for making the change, but it hasn't been handled well. It really seems to me that the people who did the change never bothered to make sure they maintained the features that made the site easy to navigate and valuable to the users. Kind of reminds me of an old smartphone I had, they packed all these neat features and apps into it, but it got poor reception, dropped calls all the time and basically sucked at the main reason I bought it, to make phone calls. I didn't keep that phone very long.
I can see what we can do about making that fix. Anymore input on how we can better organize these filters is appreciated.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:40 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by rcmigpilot
IBobi

We are going to continue to iterate the marketplace. I really appreciate the feedback, and please keep it coming. We will do our best. Some functionality is simply limited by the software package, and some we can custom code (to a point). We want it to be as user-friendly and feature-rich as possible, and recognizing that that is not necessarily the same thing as trying to re-create the old marketplace with the new software. There will be some things we just cannot do (such as easy invoicing), but in other respects there is no reason we can't improve over the previous version. We hope to get there before long!
Old 04-11-2018, 02:45 PM
ChemE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IBoby,

Can you please let us know why this change was made, and what is the advantage of the new system?

Sahag
Old 04-11-2018, 02:58 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by ChemE
IBoby,

Can you please let us know why this change was made, and what is the advantage of the new system?

Sahag
The old marketplace was on an unsupportable custom coded platform. The new is on the same platform as the forums. That's pretty much it. Had to be done.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:06 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by IBThomas
I'll see if we can do anything about this. If you search product type by going to Marketplace - RCU Forums you will be able to search by the categories you choose yourself. The offer section is gone. Now you can make an offer via a public reply, where you can also see other user's offers. you can also PM the seller to make an offer.

Can you send me a screenshot of those results? I tested on iOS and saw only Jets.

I can see what we can do about making that fix. Anymore input on how we can better organize these filters is appreciated.

i just did what Jeremy (LGM) brought up as a problem. Its the same on an Iphone X on the latest Ios w/o using the “mobile” specific pages.

“Jets” and “engines-turbines” are the only selected filters and im getting a whole lot of neither.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:58 PM
LGM Graphix

No. I'm done. Like I said this is fly eagle jets all over again. Let's change things and let the consumer crash it. Then we'll act oblivious and ask for more info.
yes there are a ton of different potential scenarios but I am computer and phone stupid. I use what any person going to best buy is going to use.
RCU had by far the best classifieds of any RC site out there. You've F'd it up and now your fixes are truly just bandaids. This is like Ferrari deciding they should use a Ford 4 cylinder. You still have the name but performance is a joke. I was hopeful but i'm done.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:04 AM
Andrew Bird

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol - would you people not step back and have a look at yourselves It's a toy plane website and you're acting like the sky has fallen. Seems to work for me - open it up, look at some toy planes and general histrionics, then go back to whatever task I was avoiding in the first place by looking at toys on the internet.

They seem to be fixing the classifieds and reacting to feedback - I just hope they do it in time before something really serious happens and various members of the community need to seek counselling to get over the trauma.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.