Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Peter Herr stick button problem

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Peter Herr stick button problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 02:13 PM
skywarrior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Peter Herr stick button problem

Hi, I have some tx sticks by a german manufacturer Peter Herr. They comprise of a three position switch on top of stick with one button halfway down the shaft and two buttons on the second one on top and one half way down the shaft.I want to use the buttons as latch buttons with a travel of 100% either side of neutral to operate jetronic valve and lights. The manufacturer P/herr makes a latch module which is supposed to make a pres and hold action into a latched system ie press twice, once on once off. The latch module works in a fashion ie it latches but the travel is only from centre to +100% or -100% thus it makes only half the travel. this is not recognised by P/ox royal undercarriage assistant or indeed secure enough to trigger a jetronic valve. It is said by the manufacturer P.Herr that you can make this travel full spectrum +100% to -100% by the use of sub trim. However as far as i know this just shifts the centre not the full travel. So far he cannot advise me any further how to make this work and says their is part of the software in the Futaba FX32 and FX36 that will do this . i have not found this so far even using the offset programme. However it may be able to do it with this If i give the benefit of doubt.Can anyone advise me on the successful use of these sticks in this manner and how to do it please because the manufacturer does not seem to know how.
Old 07-16-2018, 04:29 AM
Malcolm H

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Skywarrior,

I have no experience of the FX32 or 36 but on the 18MZ, in the SYSTEM menu, there is a function called SWITCH. This allows you to set the switch type including changing from a 3 position to a 2 position type. I suspect the switch input you have the stick pushbutton and latch function connected to, is set for a 3 position switch input so naturally when its operated it only gives you 0 - 100% output. If you have the SWITCH function change it to 2 position type and I think this will work.

Malcolm
Old 07-16-2018, 02:33 PM
skywarrior

Default Peter Herr

Hi,
but sadly it does not. Two or three position it’s the same. Even extending the range only puts it just over neutral and using sub trim as well.
Thank you for the reply though as it’s a bit of a mystery and that includes the manufacturer as well I think. I hope I am wrong
Old 07-16-2018, 09:57 PM
Malcolm H

Suggest you assign a temporary actual 2 position switch to the channel we’re talking about and check that it will switch the channel +\- 100% first in case it’s a problem with the channel setup. Once it’s working go back and try the latch module switching that channel.

If that doesn’t work we can try a mix to extend the switching range.

Malcolm
Old 07-16-2018, 10:01 PM
skywarrior

Default Actual switch

Malcolm,
done that and the switch works fine but revert to latch module and no go !
David
Old 07-17-2018, 06:58 AM
Malcolm H

It looks like the latch module is outputting an analogue level rather than switching so try this.

Ditch the latch module and use the momentary push button by itself. Then go into the switch selection and set the switch type to 2 position Alternate. This should cause the switch output to change each time it is made and latch.

Malcolm
Old 07-18-2018, 08:36 AM
skywarrior

Default Latch module ditch

Malcom,
Did that but the switch programme in hardware of my FX32 does not offer Alternate. It does this in programs but not in switch change sadly.

David
Old 08-15-2018, 09:07 AM
skywarrior

Default stick solution

Hi,
There is a solution found by a friend and it makes the latch units work correctly I.e +100 -100% so therefore reliably triggering a Jetronic valve or Powerbox U/C and door program. However when offered to the owner / manufacturer he declined to be interested. So they will continue to sell in the original form it would seem.

Not great but none so .... as folk

David
Old 08-15-2018, 11:16 AM
Malcolm H

Glad you found a solution!

Malcolm