Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kingtech K-10TP

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kingtech K-10TP

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 01:56 PM
Pelle Gris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kingtech K-10TP

Hello.

I posted this on another forum where giant scale flyers meet, but since there is no dedicated jet thread there, I thought this perhaps would interest some of the users here, as I have found very little info online myself.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________
For those that are interested I have listed specs and performance of the Kingtech K-100 Turboprop below.

Weight of engine ready to run, incl. FOD screen and prop bolt/washer: 3.578g / 126,2oz.
- (Kingtech states 2.850g / 100,5oz, so thatīs something to be aware off if you intend to buy one.)
Weight of ECU, fuel pump and wires: 285g / 10oz.

This will replace a 3W-210TS on a towplane, so I decided to test the same propellers to compare.
Fiala 34x14x2: 5.600 on the 3W, 5.400 on the Kingtech.
SEP "Wilga" 32x14x2: 4.450 on the 3W, 4.500 on the Kingtech.

So itīs seems that the power is a little less at high rpms, but about the same at the lower range.
This is good, as the primary goal is to get a powerful quiet setup, which means low rpm, to limit prop noise.

Eventually it will be equipped with a 3- or 4-blade Varioprop so I can dial in the required pitch to top out at about 4.500 rpm on the ground.
This provides a buffer so I donīt overspeed the gearbox in the air.

I run the engine on diesel with 5% Kingtech oil, and after a bit of fiddeling in the ECU it now seems to start up and run nicely.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:31 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I now realize the thread title had a typo, but a 10N turboprop would be cool!

Nice Yak.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:23 AM
Pelle Gris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I only noticed the missin zero after posting, and I canīt edit the title it seems. :-)
On the other hand, Kingtech does plan to have a K-30TP in the program as far as I remember.