Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Powerbox Core radio and set up thread.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Powerbox Core radio and set up thread.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2021, 07:33 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 354 Likes on 284 Posts

https://powerbox-americas.com/blogs/...t-modes-part-1

https://powerbox-americas.com/blogs/...t-modes-part-2

https://powerbox-americas.com/blogs/...t-modes-part-3
Old 05-09-2021, 08:14 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

👍
Old 05-09-2021, 08:43 AM
vilysakowski

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
I saw the differential wizard today in person, pretty cool and easy to use, you can assign it to a knob an adjust it on the fly till you find the percentage that gives you the results you want. Also the Core internal telemetry comes up without a receiver bound.

Good stuff and very happy with the constant stream of updates and Richard and the crew providing what pilots are asking for.
That sounds awesome! I can't wait to get it installed on my radio! Thanks again to Richard and PowerBox for this!
Old 05-09-2021, 08:46 AM
marksp
My Feedback: (9)

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Flight modes,
Assign flap switch as the switch for 3 flight modes
Assign the elevator trim to flight mode
Then setup the transition time of the flight mode to match the flap speed
Thanks!

The part that confused me is the "assign the elevator trim..." as the screen does not show how to associate a function or a trim to a flight mode. Only how to exclude functions; no mention of trims.

So I simply selected each flight mode and applied trim after defining fade-in time and now see that the Flight Mode 'fade-in" timing matches the Function "Run time".

Cheers
Old 05-09-2021, 09:10 AM
Dave Wilshere

Go to Functions and elevator trim Make that single not global
Old 05-09-2021, 09:55 AM
marksp

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
Go to Functions and elevator trim Make that single not global
yep..got it. The confusion was associating/assigning a single trim to a specific Flight Mode. What I now understand is there can be as many as 20 'single' trims, one for each Flight Mode.

Cheers
Old 05-09-2021, 10:13 AM
marksp

Default iGyro SAT ?

Has any come up with a iGyro SAT docking station? Essentially wondering giving the iGyro setup & sensor input logic built into the receivers and new generation PowerBoxes (Pioneer, Competition SR2), do I need iGyro SAT sensors in each model or can I simply move sensor from model to model?

Old 05-09-2021, 08:47 PM
Dave Wilshere

You could move it and rescan each time, but I don’t like moving electronic items, unplugging etc.
Old 05-10-2021, 05:35 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Telemetry question

I am strongly considering buying the Core. Actually, I'm calling Danny today to order one.

My question is concerning GPS telemetry speed and altitude. The previous three brands, all of the GPS speed and altitude were way behind. Most of the time the numbers they would speak were where the jet was a couple seconds ago. Meantime the jet is at the other end of the field, slower/faster and higher/lower. I have a buddy that flies the Core and another brand by Indicated Airspeed. He is very happy with the IAS telemetry. I want to know if the GPS speed/altitude is just as fast?
Old 05-10-2021, 05:54 AM
RCFlyerDan

Default Updating

Another question. Can the receivers and the Mercury SRS be updated through the transmitter? I no longer use a PC.
Old 05-10-2021, 06:51 AM
dvcam99

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan
Another question. Can the receivers and the Mercury SRS be updated through the transmitter? I no longer use a PC.
Hi Dan,

CORE receivers can be updated from the CORE TX. The Mercury update still must be done via the terminal PC software.
For the future I expect that Richard will come out with products downstream the receivers that can be updated too.
The CORE P2 protocol is able to do so.

BR
Dirk
CB Elektronics
Old 05-10-2021, 06:57 AM
marksp

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan
Receivers, yes if CORE connected to Wi-Fi or if previously downloaded binaries are present on Tx; Mercury not updateable from CORE

Mercury and other PowerBoxes as well as other devices (SparkSwitches, Gyro's, etc.) updateable via Mobile Terminal for iOS and/or Android connected via BlueComm adapter - no PC required.
Old 05-10-2021, 09:21 AM
husafreak
My Feedback: (3)

Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

New model set up in CORE, this one is my Skymaster Cougar F-9F. On this aircraft the ailerons act as flaperons and there are also additional flaps mounted in the body. So I assigned the Aileron L&R function to servos 1&2 and the Flap L&R function to servos 1&2 and 3&4. I'm just throwing that out here in case there is a better way or a preferred way to do this type of set up. Thanks
Old 05-10-2021, 09:24 AM
husafreak

Oh, BTW, don't try to update your Mercury today, the latest Powerbox Terminal app has had this particular function disabled for maintenance (bug fix). So it is not giving you the update option today.
Old 05-10-2021, 09:42 AM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by husafreak
New model set up in CORE, this one is my Skymaster Cougar F-9F. On this aircraft the ailerons act as flaperons and there are also additional flaps mounted in the body. So I assigned the Aileron L&R function to servos 1&2 and the Flap L&R function to servos 1&2 and 3&4. I'm just throwing that out here in case there is a better way or a preferred way to do this type of set up. Thanks
I used the method that Martin Pickering described for flaps, at least do the regular flaps that way... I see no reason you could not use that method for servos 1&2 as aileron servos as well, but I say just try it and see. Just make sure you do not overdrive the servos.
The following users liked this post:
husafreak (05-10-2021)
Old 05-10-2021, 11:06 AM
David Gladwin

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

2.55 with differential function just released..
The following users liked this post:
husafreak (05-10-2021)
Old 05-10-2021, 01:03 PM
husafreak

It will work but might not be the “best” way to do it. It might result in some odd curves. I’ll check out MP’s tutorial as a refresher anyway.
My flap switch is flight modes so I can have elevator compensation trim move at flap speed. Hopefully slowing the flap speed won’t affect aileron speed. Shouldn’t. It was easy enough to to do on my DX-18.

Last edited by husafreak; 05-11-2021 at 05:23 AM.
Old 05-11-2021, 04:17 AM
BarracudaHockey

You don't slow the flap speed in the flight mode screen, you slow the flaps in the servo menu. The speed in the flight mode screen is the transition between modes which controls how fast the trim input moves.
Old 05-11-2021, 04:20 AM
RCFlyerDan

Originally Posted by marksp
Receivers, yes if CORE connected to Wi-Fi or if previously downloaded binaries are present on Tx; Mercury not updateable from CORE

Mercury and other PowerBoxes as well as other devices (SparkSwitches, Gyro's, etc.) updateable via Mobile Terminal for iOS and/or Android connected via BlueComm adapter - no PC required.
Nice! Thanks Mark. Will look into purchasing BlueComm.
Old 05-11-2021, 05:22 AM
husafreak

You don't slow the flap speed in the flight mode screen, you slow the flaps in the servo menu. The speed in the flight mode screen is the transition between modes which controls how fast the trim input moves.
Good correction I misspoke, will go back and edit that.
Old 05-11-2021, 06:10 AM
David Gladwin

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeb
In my mind, the five and seven channel rx's are not meant for "big" stuff. Five's for park flyer types, sevens for such as F3A Pattern models and like sized electrics. Bigger stuff like gassers of various sizes, need what I'm calling "full range" rx's.

That's why some have suggested that pairing lower channel count rx's with top end rx's, should refrain from assigning critical flight controls to "Park Flyer" type rx's. Gear, flaps and so on are "close in" functions as the ranges might be similar to a "Park Flyer" model.

5 channel receivers are more than “ Park Fliers”. They are full range receivers but with only 5 servo outputs.

My 5 receiver has many flights in my glider with four servos and electric motor, at extreme range and heights and the v speak Vario is working fine too.

No reason, too, why one cannot swap I Sat Gyros between models. The software is in the receiver so as long as the sensor is replaced to the position and orientation when configured, no problem.

Check function and go fly !
Old 05-11-2021, 07:21 AM
marksp

For that reason, IMHO it would be more descriptive to replace the FM settings menu label name from “Fade-in”/“No-Fade-in Functions” to “Fade-in”/“No-Fade-in Trims”.

Cheers
Old 05-12-2021, 03:36 AM
IFLYBVM2
My Feedback: (360)

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Changes ?

Considering the Core, and wondering whether very many of you guys have made any changes to the switch configurations, ie, locking switch, etc ? Or are the vast majority just using it stock ?
My current TX is the JR 12X, so just trying to make it is similar in layout to what I am used to as possible.
Thanks-Mike O
Old 05-12-2021, 04:42 AM
BarracudaHockey

I put a locking switch on the top/right/back for throttle cut but otherwise the switch layout is perfect
Old 05-12-2021, 06:10 AM
stuart_80

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I also moved onto PB Core, coming from the JR DSX12.

I only have a few models setup on the Core so far, but I can fly between both transmitters and find the standard Core switch layout perfect

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.