Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

King Tech 45G3?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

King Tech 45G3?

Old 06-06-2019, 04:24 PM
  #1  
patrnflyr
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (7)
 
patrnflyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Granbury, TX
Posts: 1,060
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default King Tech 45G3?

I’ive seen a few pictures of this turbine on Facebook over the last few weeks but not much information except that it fits in the same mount as the 30. Anybody have any more specs on this tiny turbine? I’m wanting to put this into a T-1 Micro jet that I have on order.
John
Old 06-06-2019, 04:33 PM
  #2  
jet-lover
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 67
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

The new Xicoy x45 turbine is worth a look Home

The residual thrust on the K30 is quite high. Many people have reported they have to shut the turbine down to land.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but doesnt the K30 idle at 90,000 RPM?

Hopefully the the G45 V3 will have a lower residual thrust like the Xicoy.

Last edited by jet-lover; 06-07-2019 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-06-2019, 09:52 PM
  #3  
raydar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: stirling, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 507
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Well I have a k30 and the above statement is a bit hasty in my opinion as I have no issue landing with a k30 in a 90mm EDF airframe with engine still idling.
K45g3 however can't comment on residual thrust as no specs are available.

The k45g3 has been posted on Facebook flying a foamie, it's clearly near release so does exist. The x45 does look great, I have one on order and customers are just getting their hands on them now in Europe.

Last edited by raydar; 06-06-2019 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:12 AM
  #4  
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)
 
gunradd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Springhill, FL
Posts: 3,424
Likes: 0
Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jet-lover View Post
This is heaps better Home

The residual thrust on the K30 is quite high. Many people have to shut the turbine down to land.
This thread is about the new K45G3... This has nothing to do with what you posted. Go post in the relevant thread. Also we don't even have the specs yet on the new K45G3 so its a little early to post about the best engine. I do know they where putting the new K45G3 in a micro T1 for testing. The micro T1 is pretty small so I'm betting this engine is also very small. Still need to wait for specs and more info though.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:22 AM
  #5  
jet-lover
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 67
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gunradd View Post
This thread is about the new K45G3... This has nothing to do with what you posted. Go post in the relevant thread. Also we don't even have the specs yet on the new K45G3 so its a little early to post about the best engine. I do know they where putting the new K45G3 in a micro T1 for testing. The micro T1 is pretty small so I'm betting this engine is also very small. Still need to wait for specs and more info though.
Here's the specs of the K45G3.

Do you know the residual thrust?

Diameter: 62.9mm
Length: 160mm
Weight: 450g (Include internal valve, mount, digital control system, FOD
screen)
weight with peripheral 516gr
Max. speed: 225 000
thrust: 4.7kg + @ 15 C and 4.4 kg at 28 C
EGT: 720 C max

Fuel: Jet A1, Kerosene
oil: 5%

Last edited by jet-lover; 06-07-2019 at 08:47 AM.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:56 AM
  #6  
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sun Valley, NV
Posts: 2,842
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jet-lover View Post
Here's the specs of the K45G3.

Do you know the residual thrust?

Diameter: 62.9mm
Length: 160mm
Weight: 450g (Include internal valve, mount, digital control system, FOD
screen)
weight with peripheral 516gr
Max. speed: 225 000
thrust: 4.7kg + @ 15 C and 4.4 kg at 28 C
EGT: 720 C max

Fuel: Jet A1, Kerosene
oil: 5%
Don't think those specs are correct or it will be the smallest turbine in the world., Smaller than the 30
Old 06-07-2019, 11:53 AM
  #7  
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)
 
Auburn02's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,019
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying View Post
Don't think those specs are correct or it will be the smallest turbine in the world., Smaller than the 30
The physical dimensions are the same as what is published for the K30, presumably meaning it is in the same case.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:12 PM
  #8  
Joe Bladwin
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NY city, NY,
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jet-lover View Post
Here's the specs of the K45G3.

Do you know the residual thrust?

Diameter: 62.9mm
Length: 160mm
Weight: 450g (Include internal valve, mount, digital control system, FOD
screen)
weight with peripheral 516gr
Max. speed: 225 000
thrust: 4.7kg + @ 15 C and 4.4 kg at 28 C
EGT: 720 C max

Fuel: Jet A1, Kerosene
oil: 5%
These specs don't look correct, on the published FB video the idle thrust is 2,6N at 75.000 RPM and full power is 42 N at 234,000 RPM

JB
Old 06-07-2019, 02:21 PM
  #9  
jet-lover
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 67
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying View Post
Don't think those specs are correct or it will be the smallest turbine in the world., Smaller than the 30
The Xicoy X45 is even smaller at 60mm round. The Xicoy also puts out 45nm.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:24 PM
  #10  
jet-lover
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 67
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Joe Bladwin View Post
These specs don't look correct, on the published FB video the idle thrust is 2,6N at 75.000 RPM and full power is 42 N at 234,000 RPM

JB
2.6NM residual is good! Where did you read that?
Old 06-09-2019, 08:50 PM
  #11  
Aussie1
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: AdelaideSth Australia, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 276
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

The new K45 in a K30 case looks to be as fast as the K30 in spool up time, that is, almost instantaneous. Check out this video.I have two K30s, and am really happy with them.

https://www.facebook.com/10000154114...2747153453300/
Old 06-10-2019, 01:17 PM
  #12  
jet-lover
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 67
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Does anybody know when the new K45 V3 will be available?
Old 06-10-2019, 01:52 PM
  #13  
Aussie1
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: AdelaideSth Australia, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 276
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jet-lover View Post
Does anybody know when the new K45 V3 will be available?
Here in Australia, early July. according to our Australian agent. Several have been shipped already, but mainly to test pilots in China and Taiwan, just by seeing the flying videos already posted on the net. It appears to be game on for micro turbines in the 45N thrust class!!
Old 06-10-2019, 01:57 PM
  #14  
jet-lover
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 67
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Aussie1 View Post
Here in Australia, early July. according to our Australian agent. Several have been shipped already, but mainly to test pilots in China and Taiwan, just by seeing the flying videos already posted on the net. It appears to be game on for micro turbines in the 45N thrust class!!
Thats awesome news! Was the info from Ken Mollison?

I would like to know how this motor compares to the Xicoy X45?

Prefer to stay with Kingtech if possible.
Old 06-28-2019, 08:05 PM
  #15  
RockiesGuy
 
RockiesGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA, USA
Posts: 144
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

So, no updates on the K45G3? (anyone?)
Old 06-30-2019, 02:12 PM
  #16  
jet-lover
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 67
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I am eagerly awaiting as well. Got the cash sitting there waiting to order either the G-45G3 or the Xicoy x-45. Just waiting to see which one has the lowest residual thrust.

I was told early July.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.