Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Savex

Old 09-11-2019, 05:10 AM
  #1  
David Gladwin
Thread Starter
 
David Gladwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CookhamBerkshire, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 3,586
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Savex

Does anyone know if Savex is still in business.

I lost my L39 in a mid air on Sunday and ned a replacement, but no reply to my email to Savex.

Any help will be appreciated.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:03 AM
  #2  
c_makhija
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: , INDIA
Posts: 726
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Sorry for your loss David. Had bought a l39 from them around 3.5 years ago.

Chatty.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:50 PM
  #3  
David Gladwin
Thread Starter
 
David Gladwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CookhamBerkshire, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 3,586
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Thank you, Chatty, sad loss, pure accident.
Ironically was the first airborne test of my Core, and just the 5th flight of my new X45 which was undamaged !

Need TCAS !

Do hope I can replace it.

D.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:25 AM
  #4  
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)
 
JSF-TC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,081
Likes: 0
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default

David,

I have a like new RTF Savex L-39 with a Wren 44 that I haven't flown in a couple of years.

Is it of any interest to you?


Paul
Old 09-12-2019, 09:59 PM
  #5  
David Gladwin
Thread Starter
 
David Gladwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CookhamBerkshire, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 3,586
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JSF-TC View Post
David,

I have a like new RTF Savex L-39 with a Wren 44 that I haven't flown in a couple of years.

Is it of any interest to you?


Paul
Thank you but too far away.
Seems Savex no longer making model aircraft.
Old 09-14-2019, 09:16 AM
  #6  
drfred58809
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Germany
Posts: 22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Hi David,

I was always thiniking should I order one or not......while do that it seems that you are right and SAVEX doesn't do any models these days.....sad.

I know that people in Germany often say that these models were made/designed by Axel Schreiner - his models (and even the L-39) can be found here:

Ok- just learned that I need 10 posts to post a link....look for insider Modellbau in Switzerland -> Elektrojets -> GFK Jets -> Insider Modelle

Maybe that is of help for you !

BR from Germany

Markus
Old 09-14-2019, 11:59 AM
  #7  
c_makhija
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: , INDIA
Posts: 726
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by David Gladwin View Post
Thank you, Chatty, sad loss, pure accident.
Ironically was the first airborne test of my Core, and just the 5th flight of my new X45 which was undamaged !

Need TCAS !

Do hope I can replace it.

D.
Although not full composite, but the sebart L39 should have similar specks. I am sure all your gear from the Savex could fit in there. Will be a much faster build than the savex too.

Chatty.
Old 09-15-2019, 12:03 AM
  #8  
David Gladwin
Thread Starter
 
David Gladwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CookhamBerkshire, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 3,586
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Thank you Markus and Chatty, I am on the case. I really need a new home for the exquisite x 45!
Old 09-16-2019, 01:39 AM
  #9  
erbroens
 
erbroens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Curitiba, Parana, BRAZIL
Posts: 4,254
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Sorry for the mid air David.

https://modellbau-peters.de/l-39-alb...h-starjet.html

Pretty sure this is the same plane,, ours from Savex is still going strong with a Kingtech K-45.

best regards, Enrique.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:55 AM
  #10  
David Gladwin
Thread Starter
 
David Gladwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CookhamBerkshire, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 3,586
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by erbroens View Post
Sorry for the mid air David.

https://modellbau-peters.de/l-39-alb...h-starjet.html

Pretty sure this is the same plane,, ours from Savex is still going strong with a Kingtech K-45.

best regards, Enrique.
Thank you, Enrique, looking into it!
kind regards,

David.
Old 06-06-2020, 04:19 AM
  #11  
john agnew
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: glasgowScotland, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 2,081
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

David

Don't know if you have had any luck with the Schreiner L39 but I had one of these about 15 years ago. It seemed almost identical to the Savex version. Another route might be the Blackhorse L39 which is ply / balsa construction and several people have converted it to turbine using Wren 44's / K45 / P60 dry weight seems to be around 11 lbs. It is a bit bigger than the Savex, around the size of the small Airworld version I think. There is a good build thread on RC groups large EDF jets page 3.

Regards

John
Old 06-07-2020, 11:00 PM
  #12  
David Gladwin
Thread Starter
 
David Gladwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CookhamBerkshire, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 3,586
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by john agnew View Post
David

Don't know if you have had any luck with the Schreiner L39 but I had one of these about 15 years ago. It seemed almost identical to the Savex version. Another route might be the Blackhorse L39 which is ply / balsa construction and several people have converted it to turbine using Wren 44's / K45 / P60 dry weight seems to be around 11 lbs. It is a bit bigger than the Savex, around the size of the small Airworld version I think. There is a good build thread on RC groups large EDF jets page 3.

Regards

John
Thanks, John. Gave up on a L39 and the x45 is now mounted on my E Flite Blanik. Not a lot of thrust for a big glider but should be OK. At least the exquisite Little X 45 is now visible atop the Blanik. Paritech state the Wren 44 will fly well on their DG 303 which is bigger and heavier than the Blanik. I wilL soon find out as my DG has my Wren 44 Gold on it, ready to go !

Again many thanks for your suggestions.!

David.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.