Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

IGyro 3Xtra ca Cortex Pro

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

IGyro 3Xtra ca Cortex Pro

Old 01-22-2020, 08:05 AM
cbk07
My Feedback: (64)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default IGyro 3Xtra VS Cortex Pro

Trying to decide between Igyro 3Xtra and Cortex Pro for jet use. Any pros/cons and opinions appreciated

Last edited by cbk07; 01-22-2020 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:18 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Pros for the igyro is the hold mode is implemented better, it releases as soon as you move the stick. Allows GPS input for gain changes due to speed. Con outputs are hard coded, you have an extra elevator slot you can't remap it for nose wheel or whatever.

Cortex you plug in servos and it assigns outputs during the teach-in so its more flexible setup wise but hold mode is only good for torque rolling airplanes.

They both work really well.
Old 01-22-2020, 12:31 PM
cbk07
My Feedback: (64)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey View Post
Pros for the igyro is the hold mode is implemented better, it releases as soon as you move the stick. Allows GPS input for gain changes due to speed. Con outputs are hard coded, you have an extra elevator slot you can't remap it for nose wheel or whatever.

Cortex you plug in servos and it assigns outputs during the teach-in so its more flexible setup wise but hold mode is only good for torque rolling airplanes.

They both work really well.
OK Thank you. I assume rates can be changed on both in flight via transmitter knob? I don't really use hold, can program for two seperate gain only setting via switch and have off/low/high gain switchable?
Old 01-22-2020, 12:54 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You can adjust the gain on both from the transmitter.

What I do on the Cortex is find the highest gain that the plane will tolerate at high speed then back it off a few points, then set a mix to bump the gain with the flaps or gear down.

On the Igyro I just use the GPS to increase the gain with less speed.