Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

T-One Models F22 Raptor build thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

T-One Models F22 Raptor build thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 10:26 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by FenderBean
I received these same pictures over a week ago when you friend received them. He mentioned having to pay for them, is the factory going to charge for new rudders for the current customers?

i am not sure Keith. That would be Dirk and T-1 to decide.
Old 12-22-2020, 06:25 PM
cycross

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just throwing up an idea from the F3F glider community. We have used LDS (Linear Drive System) for a long time now for both flaps and ailerons with good effect (big surfaces and big throw is not an issue; single-side-hinged flaps can deploy to 90deg) and the design can be leveraged IMO. There is no need to go this slim as the original design is meant for glider thin wings, and the rudder bulging pocket could be put to good use to disguise the linkage.

LDS example
Old 12-23-2020, 05:31 AM
gunradd

The issue with the LDS system is torque. I used a similar set up on my F15 rudders I built. It worked on the aircraft since it has tiny rudders with low stress on them. I tried to use it on the ailerons on my F15 and ended up not going that route due to torque. You would need a to have offset hinges on the rudder to increase the torque on the F22 using this system so that's a no go. Still a good idea though and thanks! We need out of the box thinking to solve this and keep it hidden.
Old 01-23-2021, 07:26 AM
gunradd

Some good video a guy did from my club.

The following 2 users liked this post by gunradd:
patf (01-23-2021), Sparhawk (01-24-2021)
Old 03-22-2021, 06:22 PM
gunradd

Pics from FLjets!

super strong crosswind all week. She handled it well.

I had zero issues with the plane. Nothing broke and flew it allot. Kingtech 260 was flawless. ARsmooth flight helped out with the very strong crosswind.

video of crossword nd flight and landing.

The following users liked this post:
jescardin (03-22-2021)
Old 03-22-2021, 06:42 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Hey buddy your f-22 looks awesome definitely one of his kind and definitely the best looking probably in the universe A+++++++ .
Old 03-23-2021, 06:33 AM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Gun,
That F-22 looks great. May be one day, I'll get mine in the air. Hope to see yours fly at Kentucky Jets this year.
Old 03-25-2021, 11:13 AM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DelGatoGrande
...its getting better !
Switches close up , everything is scale down to the marking details

more

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	02-01.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	2270046  
The following users liked this post:
cptnassos (03-25-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 01:12 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Gunradd, those pics are so friggin amazing!!!

DelGato! Those cockpits look amazing too!! Wow!
Old 03-25-2021, 02:06 PM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 111 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by gunradd
The issue with the LDS system is torque. I used a similar set up on my F15 rudders I built. It worked on the aircraft since it has tiny rudders with low stress on them. I tried to use it on the ailerons on my F15 and ended up not going that route due to torque. You would need a to have offset hinges on the rudder to increase the torque on the F22 using this system so that's a no go. Still a good idea though and thanks! We need out of the box thinking to solve this and keep it hidden.
Hi.
The IDS or LDS system use in gliders does not reduce torque. The arm lenght at the surface and servo is nearly equal so there is not a reduction in drive torque.

It is best to use 100% of the servo travel to get the desired control surface movement. Then you get the full amount of torque. It is the ratio of the arm lengths that matter, not their overall length.

Having setup a few gliders with these, I'll say they can be a pain to install, so you are not missing much.
Old 03-25-2021, 07:07 PM
cycross

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Am wondering where has the manufacturer landed with the solution for the vertical stabiliser flutter issue. Other than the straight-up CF overall usage to build the stabs, there hasn't been any further news about the part on linkages. Kris, which version of the stabiliser are you flying this FL season? My thoughts too about Looping31's case, whether an improvement was found somehow.
Old 03-25-2021, 08:27 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by cycross
Am wondering where has the manufacturer landed with the solution for the vertical stabiliser flutter issue. Other than the straight-up CF overall usage to build the stabs, there hasn't been any further news about the part on linkages. Kris, which version of the stabiliser are you flying this FL season? My thoughts too about Looping31's case, whether an improvement was found somehow.
Kris looked at mine at FL jets and said to not fly it, even with the new rudder drive units it has too much slop and said I should get new rudders and drive units. I think its the T joint not being the right size to what what they are cutting the drive units at. I'm consider dumping the the direct drive and doing a mod, Im just tired of dealing with it.
Old 03-26-2021, 07:18 AM
gunradd

Originally Posted by cycross

im flying with the original system with the tighter drive units. It’s working fine and I’m flying her fast and hard.
Old 03-09-2023, 07:30 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just curious, is the tighter rudder drive unit the only update to the T-One F-22? Never flew this model, and just realized it's been nearly three years since I put this plane on the shelf. Planning to get it flown this year, but would greatly appreciate any info regarding any vertical fin improvements made available by T-One.
Old 03-10-2023, 09:24 AM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by David Jackson
Just curious, is the tighter rudder drive unit the only update to the T-One F-22? Never flew this model, and just realized it's been nearly three years since I put this plane on the shelf. Planning to get it flown this year, but would greatly appreciate any info regarding any vertical fin improvements made available by T-One.
The new kit has carbon fiber rudders that are a bit heavier, but you really only need the updated drive Unit. I flew mine on the stock rudders with no issue just the updated drive units.
Old 03-30-2023, 11:08 AM
Spencer K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey guys, it seems as though the weapons doors are having trouble staying closed with the stock setup. anyone found a fix?
Old 03-31-2023, 09:23 AM
FenderBean

Originally Posted by Spencer K
Hey guys, it seems as though the weapons doors are having trouble staying closed with the stock setup. anyone found a fix?
it was a problem on my first I plan on addressing it with the next one. Its an angle problem, the cylinder is in a position that even when full closed it pulls open will the cylinder remains full closed. Only way to fix it is to move the air cylinder attachment point in the weapons bay.