Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BVM 1/6 F-16 nose gear spring replacement

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM 1/6 F-16 nose gear spring replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2020, 03:07 PM
Afterburners

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default BVM 1/6 F-16 nose gear spring replacement

I need to replace the spring as the title says. Since the spring is captive in the top half of the unit, I assume the top needs to be removed? If so, is it threaded on? Figured I'd ask if someone has already done this before I start wrenching on some part that may not need wrenching on as this strut is a little more complicated than a standard Robart unit. Thanks.
Old 03-07-2020, 06:57 PM
Afterburners

Ok, couldn't wait. It's threaded. Hold top of strut with wrench and loosen up the bottom of the top half with an open end wrench and the inside will slide out through the top where you can knock out the pin that captures the spring.
Old 02-28-2024, 06:36 AM
Johnny9390
My Feedback: (34)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you wouldn’t have happened to take pics of that would you? I need to do the same! The strut needs to be removed from the carbon frame to do that right??

Originally Posted by Afterburners
Ok, couldn't wait. It's threaded. Hold top of strut with wrench and loosen up the bottom of the top half with an open end wrench and the inside will slide out through the top where you can knock out the pin that captures the spring.
Old 02-28-2024, 07:12 AM
Afterburners

Originally Posted by Johnny9390
you wouldn’t have happened to take pics of that would you? I need to do the same! The strut needs to be removed from the carbon frame to do that right??
I just checked my PC and phone but couldn't find any pics. With my memory, I barely remember working on it to be honest but I do know I took it out of the frame to work on it. I would call BVM as they are super helpful and could probably explain it to you better over the phone as opposed to what I posted. Sorry I couldn't help more.