Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Mississippi Afterburner 2020 canceled

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Mississippi Afterburner 2020 canceled

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2020, 03:28 PM
vernonms

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Mississippi Afterburner 2020 canceled

I really hate this but it looks like we will have to cancel MA this year. Our president and governor has limited gatherings to 10 people. Of course our event is outside except for the dinner. I guess I can understand a little, on prevention to kept the spread down. As of now, Mississippi has 50 cases out of 3 million people and the news is doing their best to scare us as much as possible. I agree we don’t want to be another China or Italy. Look how things have changed in the past 2 weeks. What about in a month from now? I can’t imagine.What carried more weight with this decision is that the airport we use is owned by Hinds Junior College. This school along with most schools have closed their campuses till mid April to re-evaluate their situation. Most schools here are probably going to follow the trend of campus closing for the rest of the school year after the re-evaluation and do online only. The students that you help with the scholarship fund are the ones that really help the event and do all the work. They will not be here. Again, I really hate this but we will be back next year stronger than ever. I’ve got a lot of preregistrations and tent deposits I will return to you. If you would like to donate your preregistrations(not your tent money) to the scholarship fund, it would be greatly appreciated. If not, I will happily send a refund in the next week or so. Let me know by text at 601-955-3826. Thanks!

vernon
Old 03-19-2020, 04:14 PM
erh7771
My Feedback: (30)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crap, was really looking forward to this but I understand the decisions
Old 03-19-2020, 04:46 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Well double crap this is the second bad news I have had today.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:29 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

I’m wondering how many more jet meetings will be canceled because of the national pandemic panic I’m wondering who’s making all the money over this?
Old 03-19-2020, 05:31 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by sysiek
I’m wondering how many more jet meetings will be canceled because of the national pandemic panic I’m wondering who’s making all the money over this?
Toilet paper companies for one, and who ever makes the testing kit
Old 03-19-2020, 05:56 PM
warpsflyer
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please donate my preregistration fees to the college.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:07 PM
Digital Pilot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bummer, was really looking forward to going this year. Safety first! Will see everyone at the next one...
Old 03-21-2020, 11:18 AM
vernonms

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Just wanted to say thanks to you all. There were a lot of preregistrations and almost all of you immediately said to apply the money to the scholarship fund for the kids we support. I’m constantly reminded of what a great group of people we have in this sport. Thank you! See you all later on at an event once this virus and virus scare goes away.

vernon
Old 03-29-2020, 09:16 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by sysiek
The ones pointing the fingers at Washington and calling the president a killer are the answer to that question.