Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Pilot Nav. Light Controller

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Pilot Nav. Light Controller

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2020, 04:17 PM
pattratt
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pilot Nav. Light Controller

Evidently the Pilot Navigation Light Controller is no longer available any where?
What controller is most of the scale A/C and Jet folks using for a LED light and afterburner controller? T-1 was using this controller when selling their pnp version aircraft when the lighting package was being sold.
Can anyone recommend a similar product to control LED lights & afterburners?
Thanks for any help!
Richard
281-433-2555 if prefer to call or text

Last edited by pattratt; 04-08-2020 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-09-2020, 03:31 AM
F1 Rocket

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

https://www.aeropanda.com/products/i...5d0cf94d&_ss=r

Call me if have any questions.
Danny
407-687-3126
Old 04-09-2020, 07:11 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Never could get the OEM Pilot Light controller to work on my T-1. Ended up trashing it. Then I took it out of the trash and sent it back to Dirk, at his request. He refunded me for the OEM Lights. That was really fair of him! I replaced it with Braincube. But I do NOT have an afterburner ring in that one.

Danny's suggestion has a pre-order status. I would check the wait time for a pre-order status. They are shipping very little out of China these days. Seems like the only planes in and out of China are for medical supplies. Also, I did not see if that one would handle a afterburner ring showing throttle variations. But it might.

BVM has a controller that I know works and proportionally addresses the after-burner. I have seen Unilight controllers in the field that handled afterburner rings. They are great light kits. Also, Dreamworks used to have a afterburner light kit that came packaged with a controller. But that was just for the afterburner ring. If I recall correctly, I think BVM also has something like that too.

Electrodynamics is also in the business of custom light kits. You might also give Chris a call.

I would do a lot of checking around. There are a lot of solutions out there and someone one may have one sitting on the shelf. Maybe call Robb at BVM or Jose at Dreamworks. Or maybe call Danny and ask about his suggestion. If their timeline fits yours, it may be the way to go!
Old 04-09-2020, 08:33 AM
pattratt

Hey Lyn
Thank you very much for your very comprehensive reply to my post.
That is exactly what I was looking for! I would like to find a single controller that would perporationly control the afterburner with throttle and control strobe & flashing. I will contact all that you suggested.
Again thank you!
Regards
Richard
Old 04-09-2020, 08:44 AM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

I am in the same boat, my T1 lights just kinda do what they want. I do not have an afterburner ring though, but the lights themselves seem ok.

Let us know what you end up with pattratt please.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:01 AM
pattratt

Aerscheldon
Will do!
Richard
Old 04-09-2020, 10:58 AM
F1 Rocket

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Len Todd
Danny's suggestion has a pre-order status. I would check the wait time for a pre-order status.
Actually these just arrived at our shop