Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Usps sucks!!!!

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Usps sucks!!!!

Old 01-21-2021, 03:27 PM
TCHIEF
My Feedback: (15)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Usps sucks!!!!

Time to vent
I ordered a kit from overseas and it’s a good thing the seller packed it well but it still may be missing pieces I haven’t been able inventory it yet but looks like it’s missing some parts
not to mention the plans are wet

Last edited by TCHIEF; 01-21-2021 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-21-2021, 03:32 PM
TCHIEF

Old 01-21-2021, 03:34 PM
TCHIEF

I am in no way bashing the shipper
but I am going to trash the USPS over this
Old 01-21-2021, 05:10 PM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I like the bag with the USPS "We Care" tag!... I'm convinced!!!
Old 01-21-2021, 05:19 PM
F900

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

You think that's bad, don't use FEDEX, last week I just shipped a BVM eBandit (mint condition) via ground to a new buyer, was delivered in 3 days, it was carefully protected and secured in a BVM hard case, fuse was in a fuse bag, same with wings, tail etc.. all carefully secured, fragile all over the outside of the case. Got trashed and fuse completely totaled, wings damaged top and bottom and further more it was left right in the middle of a driveway for everyone to steal lol ......Unbelievable.
Old 01-21-2021, 05:40 PM
TimD.
My Feedback: (207)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn,
And I thought one of my shipments was bad. Drove a forklift right through the box destroying a fuselage with two fork holes through the box. Both sides.
Old 01-21-2021, 05:49 PM
TCHIEF

I remember Tim’s debacle. They told him that it wasn’t packed securely. Even though they ran a forklift through it
it just really pisses me of when we pay good money for a service and this is what we get and they couldn’t give a **** less
Old 01-21-2021, 05:51 PM
TCHIEF

Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
I like the bag with the USPS "We Care" tag!... I'm convinced!!!
Yeah it’s like they’re pissing on you and trying to convince you it’s rain
Old 01-21-2021, 06:32 PM
Halcyon66

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

UPS is crap as well, I get stuff from Germany and the company only use UPS, I watch the tracking and the item is at their depot in Sydney in around 48 hours from the moment it was picked up in Germany.

It then sits in in that depot ( which is 9km away from me ) for over a week with zero tracking or updates and then it magically appears about 10 days later?

And of course 10 minutes later you get an email from them asking your "How did they do????"

Regards,

Old 01-21-2021, 11:58 PM
erh7771
My Feedback: (30)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our city was one of the first city where the sorting machines were purposefully dismantled and now the people who are supposed to be sorting packages are sorting first class mail.

I used to ship jets to Asia via USPS and had little to no issues until this year
Old 01-22-2021, 05:43 AM
ifly3d

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If they care. I would sure hate see what it would look like if they did NOT care. LOL LOL
Old 01-22-2021, 08:39 AM
Pavel Pankratov

Are you sure it wasn't him ...

Russian Post is not much different from your parcel ..
Old 01-22-2021, 10:19 AM
Outrider6

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That box looked like UPS got ahold of it. United Package Smashers.

USPS excels and losing mail, but they are generally pretty decent about not destroying it. Destroying boxes is a specialty of UPS. It seems that USPS is learning from them.
Old 01-22-2021, 12:38 PM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TCHIEF View Post
I am in no way bashing the shipper
but I am going to trash the USPS over this
Are you sure your cute little Weiner dog didn't pee on it?
Maybe they used the box for a flotation device...
I think every shipper has issues, I had a jet delivered to a friends house (first mistake) by DHL, the box was too large to get out of the truck past other boxes so the driver decided to unpack the plane , lean the fuselage on the side of the truck and then a wind came along blowing the 105": long fuselage down the street creating some damage....they did nothing about it! And I had to repair it on my nickel and still pat the nearly $800 shipping bill.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:32 AM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

No wonder most of the sellers in the classifieds refuse to ship their items!
Old 01-23-2021, 11:43 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Since it was shipped from overseas, how do you know whatever service that initially handled it didn't hand it off to the USPS in that condition and they simply delivered what they received ?
Just curios as I really couldn't tell what happened from what you posted other than it appears the shipper sent something properly packaged and you received a total mess ? How do you know where it happened and who had possession of it when it got wrecked ? I'm guessing it would go through customs before it leaves the country it was sent from and then to US customs and then finally to the USPS or is that totally wrong ? Not saying the USPS didn't do this, just curios how you decided it was them and not one of the zillion other organizations that probably handled your package before it got to you.
Old 01-23-2021, 12:00 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by wfield0455 View Post
Since it was shipped from overseas, how do you know whatever service that initially handled it didn't hand it off to the USPS in that condition and they simply delivered what they received ?
Just curios as I really couldn't tell what happened from what you posted other than it appears the shipper sent something properly packaged and you received a total mess ? How do you know where it happened and who had possession of it when it got wrecked ? I'm guessing it would go through customs before it leaves the country it was sent from and then to US customs and then finally to the USPS or is that totally wrong ? Not saying the USPS didn't do this, just curios how you decided it was them and not one of the zillion other organizations that probably handled your package before it got to you.

do those “zillion other” organizations have “we care” usps plastic wrap as well?

if i have learned anything from usps, they are the laziest you can get and if they received the package that way, they would of just wrapped whatever someone had put on the packaged before hand inside of the usps plastic wrap.

My best usps screw up story is when i sent over 10,000 3D printed cable hooks to a customer. They somehow destroyed that package enough to lose all 10,000 pieces, but then put an adjustable wrench back inside the “destroyed” package and delivered it to my customer. We were both shocked and pissed at the same time. That was 4 months of continuous printing.

Then when i went to file the insurance claim on it, they refused to pay out because the package was “delivered”.
Old 01-23-2021, 04:12 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Originally Posted by invertmast View Post
do those “zillion other” organizations have “we care” usps plastic wrap as well?

if i have learned anything from usps, they are the laziest you can get and if they received the package that way, they would of just wrapped whatever someone had put on the packaged before hand inside of the usps plastic wrap.

My best usps screw up story is when i sent over 10,000 3D printed cable hooks to a customer. They somehow destroyed that package enough to lose all 10,000 pieces, but then put an adjustable wrench back inside the “destroyed” package and delivered it to my customer. We were both shocked and pissed at the same time. That was 4 months of continuous printing.

Then when i went to file the insurance claim on it, they refused to pay out because the package was “delivered”.
Yeah, people hate usps. I get it but I still haven't heard anything that tells how someone could tell the usps is the one that wrecked the package. No proof they didn't either but I tend to like to actually know what happened rather than jump to conclusions..

As for the we care plastic wrap I would assume if they received a soaking wet mess the first thing they would do is stick it in some kind of large plastic bag to keep it (or whatever is left of it) all in one place.
Old 01-24-2021, 11:43 AM
TCHIEF

Miraculously almost everything survived Two broken parts and the printed wingtips didn’t survive
If it weren’t for the way Rumen packed it I’m sure it wouldn’t have as good of an outcome.
Thank you Rumen at Fokke RC for caring about how it was packed