Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

15th Annual "ROUTE 66 JETS, 2021"

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

15th Annual "ROUTE 66 JETS, 2021"

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2021, 09:03 PM
777Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Another enjoyable Route 66! Thanks to Jerry and Ron for all their efforts. I had a great time and enjoyed watching everyone fly.
Old 09-15-2021, 08:55 AM
RSO

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

"RT 66 Jets, 2021" is in the books. Was really great to see everyone, including some new faces. A special thanks to Ron & Mark for their extra efforts this year. They've now been promoted for their outstanding work.

We had some of the best flying weather ever, and you guys really ripped up the sky. Already looking forward to more normalcy next year.

The young boy Zechariah, pictured below, after having attended a past middle school field trip to our event was so inspired by what he saw that he created the painting he's holding, which the airport then purchased from him. We typically host approximately 300 students at our event with pilot talks and flight demonstrations.

Also pictured below is Elmer holding the local weekly newspaper featuring his T-33 aircraft on the front page and an article about our event.

The National Anthem was played in remembrance of 9/11 by Lewis Patton on his trumpet.

Please feel free to add your own pics and comments to this thread, as I was so busy & tired I didn't get my normal amount of shots.

Jerry Crow, CD
Ron Colbert, Asst. CD
http://www.litchfieldil.com/airport/route66jets.htm
Old 09-17-2021, 10:31 AM
RSO

A few more pics from event.

Jerry Crow, CD
Ron Colbert, Asst. CD
Old 09-18-2021, 08:23 AM
RSO

FRIENDS OF "RT 66 JETS, 2021"

In addition to the event t-shirt provided at registration, every pilot received at least one or more free donated items in addition to the hugely successful raffle items this year.

Litchfield Municipal Airport donated 400 gallons Jet-A, in addition to providing hanger storage, registration trailer, canopies, porta potties, bleachers, mowing, advertising, & a continued welcome to have us on site.
Niehaus Cycle Sales donated the four-wheelers for aircraft retrieval and storage hauling.
JPO donated the Top Gun trophy.
PowerBox Systems Americas donations were a huge hit for our pilot raffle.
BVM donated a very nice variety of their products for the raffle.
BSI donated glue selections to choose from.
CRS Models attended on site with a large selection of products as well as donating to the raffle.

Please consider the generous small business vendors for your future purchases.

Jerry Crow, CD
Ron Colbert, Asst. CD
Old 09-20-2021, 11:22 AM
wayne-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Skymaster's 1/7 A-10 twin 120 mm EDF

My Skymaster A-10 at 2021 Route 66 Jets.

link to the video:

Wayne
Old 09-21-2021, 10:28 AM
wayne-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

My A-10 Armament

My A-10 Armament

Getting my 1/7 Skymaster A-10 twin EDF and Byron F-15 Twin EDF ready for flight

I get funny looks from pilots about my jet Transporting System. AKA Tables with wheels....LOL It's hard to find Volunteers to help me carry a 35lbs jet to the taxi way....LOL

On my way to the Jet Meet, I thought I might have the only A-10 at the Meet.......NOT I counted five A-10's and they got BIGGER each time I came across one......LOL
Old 09-22-2021, 12:43 PM
RSO

Wayne, I was really impressed with the plane hauling carts you built. Ingenious! I know what you mean about heavy airplanes, like double that weight. (hint, hint, Lance )

I think that's a wrap on this year's event. Thanks again to everyone who lended a hand or two, and to all the vendors for their donations. Already making plans, and tweaks for next year. Mark your calendar for the first weekend after Labor Day now. (just in case your daughter wants to get married that weekend )

Jerry Crow, CD
Ron Colbert, Asst. CD
Old 09-22-2021, 08:01 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts