Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

GSU has gray dashed lines and no LEDs on I/O board

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

GSU has gray dashed lines and no LEDs on I/O board

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 08:56 AM
zoram

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy GSU has gray dashed lines and no LEDs on I/O board

Trying to perform baseline tests on this engine. We have followed the manual, but get gray dashes on the GSU screen and the LEDs don't light up at all on the I/O board. We are using an 11.1V battery (which was previously used for testing and worked), and we have a wireless receiver and a R/C controller for the throttle.

Any ideas how to resolve this issues? Please let me know ASAP!
Old 02-01-2022, 09:26 AM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

maybe you can share what engine? ecu version or any additional information?
Old 02-01-2022, 06:33 PM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 83 Likes on 72 Posts

Jetcat is the only brand that comes to mind with an I/O board.
Old 02-02-2022, 07:53 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Assuming we are talking about a Jet Cat, on the JC I/O boards that I have, there are three ribbon cable type connectors on the I/O board. Two work for connecting the ribbon cable from the I/O board to the ECU. The third connector does not. Also, there are two different types of ribbon cables. I hope you do not have a cable miss-match. But assuming you have the right components, ...

Once before I had a JC I/O board buried down in the fuse. I plugged the ribbon cable into the wrong connector on the I/O board. I was not able to get the GSU to work. I even got a new cable and when that didn't work either. I realized that I needed to pull the I/O board back out where I could see what I was doing. Once I plugged the ribbon cable into one of the two correct ports, the GSU worked. Could it be that the ribbon cable is plugged into the wrong I/O board's connector? Once you get the I/O board's LEDs to light, if the GSU still does not work, then try a different RJ type cable between the GSU and the I/O board. Maybe even clean the contacts in the I/O board's RJ connector. Lastly, it could be the ECU itself is not working. I have had one of those fail. I believe that the ECU failed because the turbine bearings were going bad causing excessive current to go thru the GSU. Point being it could be one or more issues you are dealing with. Again, we are assuming you are dealing with a Jet Cat.