Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

What is this jet?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

What is this jet?

Old 05-13-2023, 07:29 PM
Vendata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is this jet?

Hi guys,
Look I purchased this jet a few years ago, I believe it was called a Big Head! I also believe its a take off from Avanti Turbine Jet! A couple years ago there was an article on this jet that some guy was doing, & I believe he had flown it seem to think it fly very well. The question I was wanting to know is where would the best place to start for the cg on the main spar! Also at what stage do I set the elevator up with flaps on landing! Does it need up elevator or down ! I look Forward to your guys comments. Thanks Vendata
Old 05-15-2023, 02:01 AM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi, when you dont have many info on a model type, you can have a good CG estimative using a software like this one, https://www.ecalc.ch/cgcalc.php to start with.

About the flaps for landing, the quickest way to setup them is using about 45 degrees down on both, and then using the flight mode condition on the transmitter, with the flap switch as the activator. In the first flight, slow down the model at a reasonable height with the landing gear down, lower the flaps and then trim the model. The flight mode will store this trim setting anytime you use flaps.

After having some flights under your belt, you can play around with crow settings, wich in this type of model is very effective. Have fun!

Last edited by erbroens; 05-15-2023 at 03:20 AM.
Old 05-15-2023, 02:09 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 358 Likes on 288 Posts

Depends on the radio, you dont want to use flight mode for elevator trim with spektrum if you're slowing down the flaps using the flap function.
Old 05-15-2023, 09:13 PM
Vendata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Head Turbine Jet

Hi Guys,
I have an old Futaba 2.4 set T12FGA which has a 30 model memory, which is good so I have all my models on this one set !! I do remember a couple of years ago reading an article on this jet that a guy was putting together on the R/C Universe Forum you could see all the pics on his build & was recording every placement of parts on the build even said where he had the cg set. Apparently even flew it with that cg on the main spar, which I can remember him doing this. But I cant be sure thou!! Just wondering if there is any body else out there that possibility would of had one of these jets or know somebody that has got one that could share some light on how they did the build.
Regards
Vendata