Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Pilot RC Matrix - Thoughts >

Pilot RC Matrix - Thoughts

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Pilot RC Matrix - Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2024, 03:24 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Pilot RC Matrix - Thoughts

Pilot RC really has stepped up the game with this model. The hardware pack is the best I've seen. It looks like the control linkages are righthand and lefthand threads for easy adjustments. They even included the wrench for them.
I'll put up more photos as I build it.

Plates to check the CG

Labels for the various wires

RH/LH turnbuckles for the ball end links

Servo extensions are included - that will save me hours of making wire harnesses

Fuel dot is included

The UAT looks good too. I like that there is a bubble eliminating felt clunk in it.

Stab half. The composite work is excellent

Top of Stab.
Old 02-15-2024, 05:02 AM

Old 02-15-2024, 05:04 AM

I noticed the turbine mounts are at an angle for down thrust. It seems like a lot. Also, the airfoil is mostly flat-bottom, and kind of thick. This airplane should fly quite slowly.
Old 02-16-2024, 03:41 PM

I got the stab servo installed. I use the Pilot RC mini servos. I am impressed with the servos. They are brushless and come with a nice aluminum arm, a plastic arm, a servo connector, and hex-head mounting screws. The servo wire exits the case at the bottom. This is brilliant and makes installation very easy.
The stabs do not have a symmetrical airfoil. It is lifting. I have not seen this before. But I've seen the airplane fly and it can really pivot tight, even without the vector nozzle. I wonder if the stab airfoil helps here?
Here are my installation notes:
1. The Pilot RC servos drop right in. The openings are cut the right size.
2. The purple arms have 2mm threaded holes. The kit hardware is 3mm. I replaced the purple arms with blue arms which are 3mm. However, I could have re-sized the purple to 3mm as there is enough metal to do that.
3. The servos go in first, without the arms on. There is enough room to install the arms after the servos are inside the stab.
4. The turnbuckles are left-hand & right-hand threaded. You turn the turn buckle on way or the other to change its length.
5. Do not use the rubber grommets - they are not needed for jets and will mess up the spacing.

Of course, if different servos & arms are used, adjustments may be required.

Old 02-17-2024, 05:58 AM

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm glad you are doing this build thread, I bought the Turbine Ready Pro version and will be going over every inch myself to make sure she is maiden ready in the near future. I was impressed with the whole kit when I received it about a month ago. paint finish is not as smooth to the touch (there is this drag) as my Rebel Pro, I am going to clay bar it to see if it smooths it a bit. Are you using the Pilot RC UAT or something else? I have an FCT UAT in the shop but am not sure if it's necessary, if the Pilot version is good?

Pete
Old 02-17-2024, 07:20 PM

I am on the fence about the kit's UAT. The guy from Banana Hobby has been using it with good success. But I like UAT with a built in filter.
Old 05-25-2024, 02:17 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If you get time can you please tell us how it compairs to your ranger, I wanted something a little larger than the ranger. I guess by now you got a few flights on it please tell us a little about the flying and landing speed. thanks
t green