Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

CBM Gambling?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

CBM Gambling?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 09:58 PM
lear31A
My Feedback: (123)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBM Gambling?

Just wondering if the odds are in favor of the customer these days of actually getting an airplane after paying for it? I am only speaking of posts that I have read. I want to order an airplane from them, but after reading all the terrible experiences from others, I am scared. Are there any hobby stores that actually carry any CBM F16N's,etc.? Thanks
Old 01-29-2004, 10:37 PM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Default RE: CBM Gambling?

You can do what I did and buy a CBM F-16N here off RCU, I bought one this summer already built with engine and servo's. It was alot less worry and headache. It cost alittle more but I didn't have to wait for a year to get it from CBM. I got the plane in less then two weeks. Check out the market place I think there two F-16N's aready built and for sale.
NEDYOB
Old 01-29-2004, 11:05 PM
lear31A

Thanks but I am looking for a NIB kit.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:43 PM
Steve S
My Feedback: (54)

Lear

I personally would suggest not gambling with trying to get one from CBM.I never ordered one from them but have heard of many people never receiving anything whatsoever from them.Some have been lucky & actually did get what they paid like a year or 2 later.I dont understand what the REAL problem is with this company or how they are legally still in business.They have dozens among dozens of customers they screwed & never delivered any merchandise to them.I say DO NOT take the chance-its a very big gamble with these folks.I had a buddy here in the navy that dropped by their shop in Cali atleast 10 times while he was in training there-he never saw anybody there-even called numerous times.So who knows what the probelm is with this guys at CBM.I agree with the guy above-just buy one RTF-there are 2 very nice ones in the classifieds right now on here-Atleast this way you can see what you are getting & know you'll receive your jet!!

Steve
Old 01-30-2004, 12:02 AM
lear31A

You know, it is a real shame! They have such great airplanes for good prices. I understand that it is a couple of brothers trying to keep it going while keeping full time jobs. I agree, the ones in the classifieds are appealing!
Old 05-20-2004, 07:41 PM
gromitvt10
My Feedback: (19)

HI, i'd suggest going on EBAY. their is usually one for sale at least once a month. I got 2 NIB from there, ending up selling one and going to start building the other pretty soon. Looks like a great plane!!! Good luck and DO NOT order directly from them!!!! i've been waiting for an A-10 pilot for over 3 yrs now.

Kyle
Old 05-21-2004, 10:36 AM
AAbdu
My Feedback: (18)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldn't chance it either. I am a big fan of their work, I believe a ducted fan or pusher jet can be light and simple. I am currently building an A-10 I got through RCU. It will have two OS .25 DF engines with Kress Jet RK 720 fans (will that be enough power), robart retracts, full cockpit and pilot. In an attempt to get some info about fan installation I have left several messages and emails and never once received a reply. If you are patient and keep looking one will eventually show up here or on Ebay. In fact there is a NIB A-10 on Ebay right now (for two more days) including the full Robart retracts. the current bid is still $300.00 less than what you would pay CBM for the same combo.

If anyone has any experience with the use or installation of the Kress Jets fan please let me know what your impression of them is.

Good luck finding the kit you want.