Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Roo setup with Futaba Super 8UAPS

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Roo setup with Futaba Super 8UAPS

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 11:50 PM
Spraytec
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roo setup with Futaba Super 8UAPS

I just purchased a fiberclassics composite
Kangaroo with Ram 75o . Is anyone out there flying one with a Futaba Super 8 radio?
If so; I could use some advice on how to setup the elevons. Sure would appreciate some help. Thanks Mike Longnecker
Old 06-14-2002, 08:01 AM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts
Default roo setup

hey bro',

No worries mate, I flew my Roo with a Futaba Super 7. I'm sure the functions are similiar.

there should be an elevon function select. go into that program and set up your throws according to the manual. if I remember correctly, for elevons you have to plug one elevon into the aileron function of the receiver and the other into the elevator function. (going off of memory sorry ). what I don't recall specifically is if it matters which elevon you plug in. either way, the elevon function of the radio should take care of the rest.

anyone else?

take care,
buck

ps great platform, don't be afraid to raise your nose and fly slow. I could routinely get 10min flights with a 2 liter soda bottle, a 16oz hopper feeding an AMT mercury.
Old 06-14-2002, 10:52 AM
Spraytec

Default Thanks Buck

So apparently , both control surfaces on one wing, y together to become one elevon plugging into aileron ch 1 of rrcvr, and the other wing plugs into chan 2 elevator.Thanks again Buck.
Old 06-14-2002, 01:37 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Yes Mike, that's exactly what you do! Once elevon fuction is turned on all will work as required.

Todd
Old 06-16-2002, 05:41 AM
Ragz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If I plan to use 4 elevon servos...two yéd together...will I have center matching problems on a pair on one side? I mean...will their centres be bang on target or will I have to use a device to get them to center at the same place. I know there are devices for JR and hitec that can do that. I plan to use either Hitec 5945 or JR 8411..whatever is available...

Thanks,
Anurag
Old 06-16-2002, 04:15 PM
Spraytec

Default No

Only when two or more servos are linked to the same physical control surface, do they fight each other at center.