Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Couple of pic's to share

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Couple of pic's to share

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 01:05 PM
bkf
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of pic's to share

Jeff My friend and the Roo's first set of thumbs.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	14455_1495.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	9190  
Old 06-15-2002, 01:07 PM
bkf

Griz man on video, Jeff on nose rentention, and me
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	14456_1495.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	9191  
Old 06-15-2002, 01:46 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

SOOOOO, it flew?
Old 06-15-2002, 01:49 PM
bkf

Originally posted by JohnVH
SOOOOO, it flew?
No. These pics are at the fun fly last week.
Old 06-15-2002, 01:50 PM
JohnVH

Oh, are you going to do any more painting on it? Like trim or such?
Old 06-15-2002, 01:54 PM
bkf

Oh, are you going to do any more painting on it? Like trim or such?
Yes: so far there is no paint at all. Jeff and I are going to take it to a place and go for broke. The sob will work or it won't. Everyone including myself is getting fed up with the wait. As I look out the window the rain is coming down hard. There is nothing I can do about that at all. If it is still in one piece then it will get primer and paint.
Old 06-15-2002, 02:03 PM
JohnVH

Great! Hoping to be painting mine in a week or so, gonna put the last coat of prime on it today or tomorrow!
Good luck
Old 06-15-2002, 02:58 PM
Esure
My Feedback: (1)

Would this Jeff be Jeff Lidel? If so, that plane will be in very good hands. Let us know how it went, I'd like to make a trip over to see it's first flight.

Ed Schurr
Old 06-15-2002, 03:00 PM
bkf

Great! Hoping to be painting mine in a week or so, gonna put the last coat of prime on it today or tomorrow!
Good luck
JohnVH: Fly it first... paint it after. What can it hurt. Just got off the phone with my trainer, A couple of CD's at a couple of events and some other guys around here. This storm is while not unusual a spinner. Rather then passing through and off to the Atlantic it's spinning in a circle around us. I feel so sad for so many that had great plans for this weekend. A some what local jet fly and a bunch of local fun flys. One of which would have seen the Roo fly. To that end like I did most of yesterday im going to take a long nap and pretend today did not happen. My trainer who I just got off the phone with had his 40% cap nailed on the wing by a flying lawn chair. I told him get those GD plane's back in the truck. He said he will have to wait for the rain to let up. A bunch of guys had to help him turn his tent into a lean too because it was being pulled out of the ground. Im sorry for ALL the guys who are enduring this as we speak. The VERY sad Bkf
Old 06-15-2002, 03:03 PM
bkf

Originally posted by Esure
Would this Jeff be Jeff Lidel? If so, that plane will be in very good hands. Let us know how it went, I'd like to make a trip over to see it's first flight.

Ed Schurr
Yes sir Jeff Lidel. We may pull it off at lockport. You know the field. Where Clarence goes as well.
Old 06-15-2002, 03:10 PM
bkf

I did a video of Jeffs Gerry. Perhaps RCU would be willing to host it for a few days so everyone could see his talent and who I will trust the Roo with.
Old 06-15-2002, 11:40 PM
Bobman

Hey Ken (BKF)

There's a "new" field up in Olcott that is supposed to be large, flat, well mowed, & barely used. As a friend of mine says "turbine friendly". I haven't seen it yet myself but will get the location for you & email the specs. Ed (Esure) may know where it is? Lockport's a nice place to fly but there sure are a lot of golfers on a nice day, plus it seems that the sun is *ALWAYS* in your eyes!

BTW, you won't be the only turbine guy locally for long. I'll have a Simjet & F-18 by fall (need more D/F sticktime this year, been flying sport planes for too long!) & one Hotspot is being built by a friend now. Now we just need to come up with a 1000ft paved runway like all the "real jet jocks have.

Hang in there, it'll stop raining someday.... just before it starts snowing.

Bob
Old 06-15-2002, 11:46 PM
bkf

Originally posted by Bobman
Hey Ken (BKF)

There's a "new" field up in Olcott that is supposed to be large, flat, well mowed, & barely used. As a friend of mine says "turbine friendly". I haven't seen it yet myself but will get the location for you & email the specs. Ed (Esure) may know where it is? Lockport's a nice place to fly but there sure are a lot of golfers on a nice day, plus it seems that the sun is *ALWAYS* in your eyes!

BTW, you won't be the only turbine guy locally for long. I'll have a Simjet & F-18 by fall (need more D/F sticktime this year, been flying sport planes for too long!) & one Hotspot is being built by a friend now. Now we just need to come up with a 1000ft paved runway like all the "real jet jocks have.

Hang in there, it'll stop raining someday.... just before it starts snowing.

Bob
You got that right Bob. I did figure out why it is so wet here though. The LPGA is here and it always rains when they come. They come, it rains... been the deal for as long as I can remember.
Ill get my map software fired up and see just where Olcott is. Ken
Old 06-15-2002, 11:50 PM
bkf

Ok I looked it up. COOL if someone gets in trouble they can ditch in lake ontario Newfane. Thats where Jeff lives.
Old 06-15-2002, 11:56 PM
bkf

"Now we just need to come up with a 1000ft paved runway like all the "real jet jocks have. "

And ruin our reputation Given the economy around here I think we will be able to use a section of the "Greater Rochester International Airport" That was a joke in itself. They called it that because they had a single flight to Canada and for a while they did not even have that. You can't beleive the enormous amount of money they spend on that HS.
Old 06-16-2002, 02:03 AM
Esure

BKF,

The field in Olcott is worth a try in my opinion. The time I was there, i was the only one around. I flew once, and decided that i had enough(it was cold and windy). It's a rather large field, a treeline quite a distance to the left, and a long ways to the right. However, there are trees back about 20-30 feet behind the flight line, so dont think about flying behind it. I would go there over lockport, but i think that they are both the same with regards to bumpyness (is that a word?) of the grass.

Ed Schurr
Old 06-16-2002, 02:14 AM
bkf

Ed Ill ask Jeff about it. And perhaps take a drive up there. Both you guys are welcome to come when the flood waters receid I got to take a trip to the REZ in the next couple of days and could swing back that way.
Old 06-16-2002, 10:07 AM
Bobman

The REZ? Hmmmm..... gotta get them cigarettes, huh?

Ken, it appears that Rochester "International" has the same flight schedule as Niagara Falls airport does. Between the two airports there may be TWO commercial flights a day leaving them! I don't think the tower(s) would mind loaning us a little runway space.

Ed, you get your jet ready to fly yet? I'm still waiting on weather, and of course the million jobs sitting in the "job jar" around the house.

Bob

BTW, those aren't "bumps" at the Lockport field, they're strategically placed airplane launchers to be used when the grass is slightly too long.
Old 06-16-2002, 01:04 PM
Esure

Bob,

The jet is about 80 percent done, i just have to finish up the wings, and all that little junk now. It'll be in the air by the middle of july(it better be). I did a little bit of redesigning of the back end, which took me a little longer, but its done now. One question though- where can i get some good DF fuel around here, Fields?

Ed Schurr

BTW BKF, when do you plan on goin to the rez? Come out to the state park, mabey some of us will be flying.
Old 06-16-2002, 01:20 PM
bkf

Bob,

The jet is about 80 percent done, i just have to finish up the wings, and all that little junk now. It'll be in the air by the middle of july(it better be). I did a little bit of redesigning of the back end, which took me a little longer, but its done now. One question though- where can i get some good DF fuel around here, Fields?

Ed Schurr

BTW BKF, when do you plan on goin to the rez? Come out to the state park, mabey some of us will be flying.
Most likley tomorrow morning. Where is the state park field. Maybe I just know it as a different name.
Old 06-16-2002, 01:26 PM
Esure

Its the rez. state park, on the corner of military and rt. 31. Keep goin down to the far parkinglot. Depending on the time(and weather), i might be there. Take a swing up to olcott to while you're out here. If olcott had a paved runway, it would be heaven

Ed Schurr

Just remembered- i wont be able to make it out tomorrow, but you should still stop by, our field is pretty nice.
Old 06-16-2002, 02:04 PM
bkf

If olcott had a paved runway, it would be heaven

Ed Schurr
I would settle for some gravel