Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Now no one can say I'm not Legal........

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Now no one can say I'm not Legal........

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 04:22 AM
Jackjet
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now no one can say I'm not Legal........

Here is my Turbine Wavier-so now I don't have to fly at the dry lake beds as much..........

Jackjet
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	16181_406.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	10326  
Old 07-01-2002, 01:33 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Gotta like that!!
Old 07-01-2002, 08:20 PM
gtmaxx
My Feedback: (6)

Default Jack

Good Job!! Bet your glad that is all behind you!
Old 07-01-2002, 08:44 PM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jack,

Whoop, there it is!!

Smiles,
Old 07-01-2002, 10:35 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

RE: Dry Lakebed.
Yeah, It kinda stinks being able to just set her down anyplace you want. Where's the challenge in that? Plus it's so...well...dry.
Old 07-02-2002, 01:41 AM
Jackjet

Default turbine wavier........

Pilots,
it is just a good feeling to have it-you KNOW what I mean-right ?

Jackjet
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	16276_406.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	10327  
Old 07-02-2002, 04:19 AM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We're with ya Jack! Congrats!
Old 07-02-2002, 12:01 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Way to go, Jackjet. As I write this from the heart of New York City, dry lake beds to fly from are like some sort of crazy dream. Almost too incredible to imagine.
Old 07-02-2002, 12:20 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default flying field

Hey Easytiger, don`t complain, you got the best flying site on the right coast, Floyd Bennet Field !!! Hot and sticky there now too.

Vin...
Old 07-02-2002, 12:51 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

FBF is great, but ALWAYS windy. USUALLY right down the runway, though.
There are serious problems there, though...like people driving their cars right into the middle of the runway while you are flying...that's not good.
And really unfriendly people. I have flown at fields all around the world, and I have never felt unwelcome anywhere, as long as I had the right insurance or license or whatever, people were always HAPPY to have a guest flyer. Floyd Bennet is the ONLY place where I have seen people treated like pariahs. Just terrible. It looks like we have turned a corner, though. The current president wrote a long article about this very problem in the last newsletter, and I hope it has some positive influence.
If anybody here has ever been treated badly when they visited FBF, I apologize on behalf of the PARCS club, and I would encourage them to come again, as things seem to be getting better.
Besides...remember it IS Brooklyn, and shouting and swearing at perfect strangers for no good reason is considered a pretty normal form of communication!

I'd still take the dry lake bed ANYTIME. I'm still jealous.
Old 07-02-2002, 01:01 PM
rcs1313

Default FINE TUNED

Ah Jack,

You were always legal, you have just been fine tuned now

Rod
Old 07-02-2002, 02:26 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default FBF

Easytiger,

You are completely correct about the FBF crowd. In the early 90`s I traveled there from Ct. on the weekends to fly jets, always windy, always unfriendly people. I even joined the club to make sure I was was not wearing out my welcome as a guest, still made no difference, the people were nasty there but I stayed anyway.

What a difference it was when I showed up the the local flying field out here in Phoenix, friendly people at the Sun Valley Flyers club!!! Good guys.

Vin...
Old 07-03-2002, 02:13 AM
Heavybird

Default All Around The World

I have flown at fields all around the world

. . . Really? Where? I have never flown at FBF but I think it is probably no worse than most of the AMA type clubs! But I think I know what you mean.
Old 07-03-2002, 02:41 AM
1Eye
My Feedback: (2)

Default Know what I mean?

Heavybird wrote:
... I have never flown at FBF but I think it is probably no worse than most of the AMA type clubs! But I think I know what you mean.
>>>>

OSOD, not another veiled AMA (club) thing I hope ... Actually, most clubs out West (AMA-affiliated or not) are quite friendly to strangers. They have to be: Shouting and swearing from/to strangers is sometimes countered with gunfire. Heck, where Vin lives they are still not sure they made a wise choice joining the Union

Otherwise, congrats to the new turbine waiver holder!!!

Mike
Old 07-03-2002, 10:11 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Default Re: All Around The World

Originally posted by Heavybird

. . . Really? Where? I have never flown at FBF but I think it is probably no worse than most of the AMA type clubs! But I think I know what you mean.
No, it's worse! You kinda have to see it to beleive it. Again, I have never seen another place like it. It's BROOKLYN, you just have to remember that.
Again, though, it looks like they(er...WE...I am a member) have turned a corner. If the club president has to dedicate a whole newsletter telling the membership to not be such *******s, you KNOW there is a real problem.
FBF also is the only place I have flown where they still make you wear frequency channel flags AND a red flag at the tip of your transmitter. And up until a few weeks ago, you had to stand in the apprpriate flying box that matched your frequency because they were still worries about third order intermodulation issues from back in the eighties. The red flag at the tip of the transmitter tells all. It's just one of those useless things that some nasty old crank wearing an PARCS Field Marshall jacket can pick on you for and keep you from flying...
There have been actual real-life FISTFIGHTS over this kind of thing there.
An elderly guy with a cane was chased off the field recently.
I'll take Jack's desert floor anyday...
Old 07-03-2002, 12:14 PM
Jackjet

Easytiger,
come on out here sometime and check it out-I have been to NY 3 times (when I used to drive 18 wheelers)-and I liked visiting-but I would not want to live there-too crowded-but once you fly out here in So Cal-you may never want to go back.............

Jackjet
Old 07-03-2002, 12:29 PM
bkf
My Feedback: (5)

Default Re: Re: All Around The World

Originally posted by EASYTIGER

No, it's worse! You kinda have to see it to beleive it. Again, I have never seen another place like it. It's BROOKLYN, you just have to remember that.
Again, though, it looks like they(er...WE...I am a member) have turned a corner. If the club president has to dedicate a whole newsletter telling the membership to not be such *******s, you KNOW there is a real problem.
FBF also is the only place I have flown where they still make you wear frequency channel flags AND a red flag at the tip of your transmitter. And up until a few weeks ago, you had to stand in the apprpriate flying box that matched your frequency because they were still worries about third order intermodulation issues from back in the eighties. The red flag at the tip of the transmitter tells all. It's just one of those useless things that some nasty old crank wearing an PARCS Field Marshall jacket can pick on you for and keep you from flying...
There have been actual real-life FISTFIGHTS over this kind of thing there.
An elderly guy with a cane was chased off the field recently.
I'll take Jack's desert floor anyday...

No EZ: There is another. Griffiss AFB. The very senior club officers have decided to place a geographical limit on membership to thirty miles and cap the membership at fifty (ever seen Griffiss,….Huge) And the local politicians have declared that turbines are flying bombs and have no place flying over public land. Well that must also be true throughout the entire United States not just in New York. More to come soon. I have all the proof. It’s going to be a bad week in Rome New York.
Old 07-03-2002, 12:33 PM
Jackjet

All pilots,
come on out here to So Cal-PLENTY of room out here at the dry lakes for everyone !- and most of the people are nice too.

Jackjet
Old 07-03-2002, 06:50 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

So Cal is alright...I make it there on a pretty regular basis. It DOES have its fine points, but boy...the pizza sucks!

Never been to Griffiths. Is that an active Air Force facility?
Old 07-04-2002, 01:32 AM
bkf
My Feedback: (5)

Originally posted by EASYTIGER
So Cal is alright...I make it there on a pretty regular basis. It DOES have its fine points, but boy...the pizza sucks!

Never been to Griffiths. Is that an active Air Force facility?
No EZ: not any longer. I think they want to turn it into a minature golf course or something.
Old 07-04-2002, 01:44 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Well...that happens to a LOT of fields. We lost the Blue Angels field here in NYC to a golf course a few years ago. In my opinion, the club handled it really poorly. They were offered a new spot, but they did not like it as much...too far to walk from the cars to the field...so they SUED the city. And the city tore up the runway, and that was that.