Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Regal Eagle or Byro-Enforcer?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Regal Eagle or Byro-Enforcer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 03:33 PM
rcnats
My Feedback: (56)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Regal Eagle or Byro-Enforcer?

Given the choice between the two, which would you choose/recommend as a DF trainer and why? Thanks.

*rcnats*
Old 07-08-2002, 06:48 PM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I would not recommend either of them. A Yellow Aircraft Starfire would be a far better choice.
Old 07-08-2002, 07:26 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

OR...... A Topgun F15 Ultra Eagle III Best of the lot, for a first timer.
Old 07-08-2002, 07:56 PM
rcnats

Default Thanks but.......

Thanks for the above choices. They are good; however, the reason the Regal Eagle and Byro-Enforcer were mentioned is because I am in position to own both and only need one. Maybe I should have mentioned this at first (a thousands pardons) :stupid: . Therefore, one to keep, build and fly, the other to sell. Now, which one ? Thanks.

*rcnats*
Old 07-08-2002, 08:38 PM
Jetset
My Feedback: (2)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hmmmmm....choices

Choices, choices, choices! If only I had that kind of problem!LOL! :stupid:
Both are great first jets my friend but I'll tell ya', cost wise....the Enforcer can't be beat! The Enforcer goes together fairly quickly as well and with an iron on covering, comes out fairly light too. The engine setup makes any maintenance on the engine super easy
It is a cheap, great flying, first jet! I'm sure any owner of one would tell you the same thing!
I have not owned any of the forementioned planes but I have seen them fly. They are all awesome planes but when I built my Enforcer, it was due to my tight budget at the time and the ol' Enforcer fit right in to it!. I would love to own each one of the jets mentioned but even if I did, I would still have another Enforcer as my Sunday flier!

BTW, this is just my .002 CDN!
Good luck!
Myles
Old 07-08-2002, 10:02 PM
DF_Flyer

I have four Regal Eagles powered by various fans and engines. They all fly well, so I can recommend the RE whole-heartedly.

I have also heard very good things about the Enforcer conversion, but have never flown one.

I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.
Old 07-08-2002, 10:16 PM
Dave Barrow-RCU

Keep them both, you may need one as a backup if you have a mishap, or like me, you may want both in the future. I do not have my Enforcer finished yet(needs paint and radio gear fitted), but my Regal Eagle was easier to build. The Regal Eagle weighs 9 lbs.(fixed gear), and flies great. It always draws attention at my club field, as no one else has ducted fan jets there.
Old 07-09-2002, 12:51 AM
jtech

I recommend that you should keep the Enforcer, because I would like purchase the RE from you!
Old 07-09-2002, 01:48 AM
vortex00
My Feedback: (22)

Default Regal Eagle

I like the Regal Eagle, scale looking jet. Flys great at 13# with a OS91/Hurricane fan/Byron pipe. Doesn't go real fast (about 100mph) but an airplane you can try different things like control throws, retracts, gyro, an airspeed sensor etc and not have a lot invested in a jet. It'll teach you to be smooth or you'll bleed off a lot of a/s in the turns. Typical for a delta configuration. basic servos work well. Have fun

Jack
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	17064_2421.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	10888  
Old 07-09-2002, 03:17 AM
rcnats

Default OK, now which engine?

Thanks for all the suggestions. Now, just to make it more interesting , I have 2 Byron fans with 2 different engines. One has a Rossi 90 the other a OS 77. I have tuned pipes for both as well. So, Regal Eagle with the 90 or the 77? The Enforcer with the 77 or the 90? (I'm so confused ) . Thanks guys, thanks RCU!

*rcnats*
Old 07-09-2002, 10:28 AM
vortex00
My Feedback: (22)

Default Engines

Neither. For the Regal Eagle, if you want reliability, get an OS91 and use Wildcat 5% Jet fuel. Minimal break-in and they just run great. You won't be dissapointed. Gives you the power required on those hot days. The .77 just doesn't fly the RE well.

Jack
Old 07-09-2002, 12:29 PM
Jetset
My Feedback: (2)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default .77

Hey Stan, I had a .77 in my Enforcer and it worked awesome! Even the verticals were not to bad! I would keep your .77 for the Enforcer and put something a little bigger in the RE. Mind you, this is what I would do!
Myles
Old 07-09-2002, 12:40 PM
rcnats

Default 90/77

Myles,

Thanks for the info! I've just about narrowed it down. By the way, I'm selling my Hobby Dynamics RFB-600 Fan Trainer. Look for it later today in the "For Sale" section. I didn't realize I had more than one DF "trainer" . I do have a OS 91 in a Ramtec fan. It will go in my JD Model's F-104. And one day after I know enough and have flown enough I'll sell it all to buy a turbine to put in my Byron BD5-J ! Talk to ya later!

*rcnats*
Stan
Old 07-09-2002, 02:40 PM
Dave Barrow-RCU

I am using the OS.77 in my Regal Eagle, it pulls a 9lb. one easily. I have another OS.77 I'm going to use in my Enforcer, I picked up three OS.77's for about what one OS.91 costs. The OS.77's seem to do very well in the Byron fans, they had lubrication problems with them in the Dynamax, due to the high RPM's. I've never had a Rossi, so I can't comment on them.
Old 07-09-2002, 04:14 PM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Default OS.77 Regal

I put 200+ flights on a Regal Eagle with the Byron Fan and OS.77. It weighed over 12.5# and flew great. It even flew off grass. It was clocked at a "Fan Fly" (before "Jet Meets") at 105 mph. Stick with the 5% fuel as mentioned before and install an inflight mixture.