Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

The nightmare is over!...I think

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

The nightmare is over!...I think

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 10:12 PM
Randy M.
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The nightmare is over!...I think

On Tuesday, May 25, I sent my turbine to the factory for service. I had plenty of time before the Tenn. event. I thought.
I sent it usps priority mail. I gave it three days, called them and they did not get it. Called Tuesday, as Monday was holidy, still no turbine.
I called every day that week, no turbine. I started calling the post office, they knew nothing. (shocker) Finally, today it shows up at the factory. A mear 16 days after I sent it. Hopefully they will take care of it and it should be in my hands Friday morning in time to go to Columbia.
Never again will I send anything but letters via usps!
See you guys in Columbia, Randy
Old 06-09-2004, 10:28 PM
AirPac Models

Default RE: The nightmare is over!...I think

Maybe try UPS or Fed Ex next time. We use UPS for most of shipping, so far so good. The insurance fee is cheaper too.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:33 PM
thunderjet
My Feedback: (1)

If you need a place at the airport to install your turbine let me know..

Trevor
Old 06-10-2004, 07:57 AM
S_Ellzey

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: AirPac Models1

Maybe try UPS or Fed Ex next time. We use UPS for most of shipping, so far so good. The insurance fee is cheaper too.
I would be worried about UPS. I shipped an engine via UPS for work earlier this year and on the way back they used it for a football. It had to be shipped right back to have their damage repaired. As for their insurance, they denied the claim, said it was not packaged correctly. Interestingly when I returned it, it was packaged exactly the same, and due to the insurance amount they wanted to inspect it... they pronounced the packaging excellent. Filed complaints to no avail, found out from others this is the norm for UPS.

Steven
Old 06-10-2004, 10:05 AM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been thru this with UPS and ended up calling the state supervisor. That got my claim fixed fast. They don't like you calling the super when you find a mistake and you find a mistake, big time.

In my case, I shipped a handheld scanner to a guy and it arrived with damage. The claims guy came to our house to inspect it. He actually suggested that I send the radio in for warranty repair. My wife heard it too. I told the jerk that I felt that was fraudulent and wouldn't agree to do it. I told the state super the story and he immediately okayed my claim.

You have them since they didn't okay your packing, yet okayed the same packing on another occasion. Call and ask for the supervisor. They don't like this at all. Get his number and talk to him. Tell him about the 16 days transit time and the packing ping pong game they are playing. It only costs a little time and maybe a few dollars for the phone call. It worked for me.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:26 AM
Topgun2mo
My Feedback: (45)

Personally, I hate BROWN and will ship any other method before UPS.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:37 AM
jetflyer
My Feedback: (5)

Double boxing items sent with UPS is the best way to avoid their standard protocol - not packaged correctly. Or take your item to the UPS local store and have their guys box up your item. Then if you do have a claim, you certainly did not package the item...UPS did.

JR Gautreaux
Old 06-10-2004, 11:54 AM
rpmtech
My Feedback: (6)

I ship alot of stuff, and have had numerous problems shipping things USPS. The delivery date seems to range from 3 days to 4 weeks[:@]

Here is a case:

I sent 3 identical packages the the SAME DAY, SAME POST OFFICE all going to the SAME PLACE, 2 of them got there in 5 days, the 3rd one arrived 4 weeks later!!!

I couldent believe it. Oh and their tracking #'s are useless, all they tell you is the package has not been delivered {gee thanks} They have no idea where your package is using that #, I have no idea why they even offer tracking #'s

UPS has been far more punctual, and their tracking #'s actually can be somewhat usefull locating your package, but They will go out of their way to be sure to drop, throw, smash and use your package as a step ladder. Like that old Samsonite commercial with the suitcase and the gorilla, that's UPS.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:01 PM
Shok
My Feedback: (28)

Oh wait I have a great UPS story for you.

So I have a UPS shipping account and I need to ship something.
I call them to get a quote on this item and the charge is $92.90

Im thinking this is a bit high, so I'm going to shop around.

I call Fedex and they quote me $46.50

So I call UPS back and ask them to recheck the shipping price.
Still $92.90

So I say......"Wow, why so much, Fedex can ship the same item for half as much."

UPS: "Well maybe you should use Fedex"

Me: "Well maybe I should just close my account and get a Fedex account."

UPS: "Account closed" click

What can Brown do for you??
Old 06-10-2004, 12:17 PM
rpmtech
My Feedback: (6)

Yeah I have noticed that about UPS too. Some things are dirt cheap to ship, others are so expensive that I dident even bring enough money to pay for.

On occasion I build and sell my 80" RC submarine kit, and every time I have gone to ship it the price has been different. They are all identical in size and weight. once it was $65.00, and once it was $35... and the two destinations were similar in distance. Who knows.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:47 PM
ShaneUSMC
My Feedback: (1)

Randy,
If you used USPS and paid to send it next day or three day and it didn't arrive they have to give your money back. I would talk to them if that is the case. On another note, I have never had any problem with UPS (except the package does look like it was in a soccer game). FedEx on the other hand is a different story. I had ordered a new computer, that was shipped to Hawaii when I lived there. It was on island for three days before they delivered it because of the estimated shipping date. Oh by the way they were even 2 hours late on that.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:28 PM
Randy M.
My Feedback: (38)

Wow, looks like I'm not alone.
The guys at AMT tried like hell to get it ready to ship back to me next day. It just wasn't meant to be.
From what I was told, my engine was in New Jersey for a spell. It arrived packaged in a plastic bag. My box was unopened
and un damaged. It had a note with it saying " sorry for the delay" and some other stuff about unknown substance leaking.
The engine was in a plastic ziplock bag, wrapped in foam. The only thing I can think is maybe there was a stain on my box or someone
elses package leaked onto mine.
Don't know all the details yet, all I'm sure of is I won't have it back till next week.
Going to Tenn. Jets in the A.M. Looks like a great day to fly ducted fan!!
Happy shipping!!
Randy
Old 06-11-2004, 04:31 AM
scubyfan

Next time use a confirmation number so that you can check whether or not the package has arrived. It could very well be that they received it but did not process it, as I have NEVER had a USPS Priority shipment take more than 3 days, and I ship hundreds of items a month.