Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FIX the JET Forum /Another Question for Moderators

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FIX the JET Forum /Another Question for Moderators

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default FIX the JET Forum /Another Question for Moderators

I know this is over the top, but here it goes. O.K. so let's ask first. Can we maybe have it to where the person that starts a thread has control to ERASE stupid replies/ remarks? I mean don’t close the whole thread down because of a troll, but when someone ask for help or a question, I love reading all the drama and dumb replies (yeah right, and YES I am guilty of those replies too), but come, name calling and stupid remarks are at all time high.

Turbulence
Old 06-10-2004, 08:14 AM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: FIX the JET Forum /Another Question for Moderators

Like this one that was locked - Incredible French AF : Video includ...
Old 06-10-2004, 10:37 AM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would make everyone a moderator. So...if you disagree with someones reply, then you could delete it (stupid, or not)....I don't think it would work....

There is a fine line the mods walk between intervening, and letting a thread run its natural course.... They have been criticized for being too quick on the trigger, and lately, they have been getting a lot of flak for not being quick enough!!!
Old 06-10-2004, 10:52 AM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: nony

There is a fine line the mods walk between intervening, and letting a thread run its natural course.... They have been criticized for being too quick on the trigger, and lately, they have been getting a lot of flak for not being quick enough!!!
Well stated Nony.
BTW....thanks!
Old 06-10-2004, 12:50 PM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep they walk a fine line and have alot of work to do, but is there are too many threads are going south just because of stupid replies. I mean it's cool that they don't jump the gun and leave some of them to run their course. But in the other hand If I was to place and add asking for help and suggestions and get the same stupid question four or five times from people that have no clue or just want to post a reply, it gets annoying quickly. Take the F-18 thread for example, that one had the makings of a great thread but how many people have replied asking Ken to use Lipos, come on they never even read that it has been suggested five times already but felt they should suggest that again.

The moron talking about camels and private parts, I am sure that adds a lot to the building/operation or use of jets or any other threads

Turbulence
ORIGINAL: nony

That would make everyone a moderator. So...if you disagree with someones reply, then you could delete it (stupid, or not)....I don't think it would work....

Old 06-10-2004, 01:02 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

For the life of me I cannot figure out why people care what someone posts on the internet. If it is not a physical threat, or maybe name calling then who cares.

I think some people with thin skins let other people troll them too much, but it sure is fun to watch.
Old 06-10-2004, 01:07 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: Turbulence

The moron talking about camels and private parts, I am sure that adds a lot to the building/operation or use of jets or any other threads
You do not ever have to worry about him posting here under that user name or many other aliases he has been using in the past.

We went DEFCON-1 on him today and I hope that other would take note.

The moderators here are not bunch of “toothless bulldogs”. We actually take a big bite when cornered.

Regards

Ben
Old 06-10-2004, 10:23 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Well stated Nony.
BTW....thanks!
I walked in those shoes for a couple of different boards a few years ago....

I think some people forget they have choices...you have the choice to read, or not to read........and once having read and identified a really stoopid reply, you have the choice to step over it (like a pile of dog droppings on a sidewalk) and carry on...or you have the choice to sink to their level and respond to it.

There are an amazing number of individuals who hang out in model airplane forums who delight in getting under peoples' skin and watching the reactions they get..........
Old 06-10-2004, 11:20 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

For the life of me I cannot figure out why people care what someone posts on the internet. If it is not a physical threat, or maybe name calling then who cares.

I think some people with thin skins let other people troll them too much, but it sure is fun to watch.

hmmmm sounds like Matt is someone who i tend to agree with 99.9% of the time .... this is another fine example

Wojtek
Old 06-11-2004, 12:13 AM
Bangedup
Banned

Habib say Camel not always moron, in desert he bery smart. He know how to live longer than you. Camel not happy wit da mean ting you say about him.

Habib
TCD
Old 06-11-2004, 10:05 AM

The oldest thread I see listed in the Jet Forum is dated 5/15/2004. Do the old posts eventually get purged?
Old 06-11-2004, 11:55 AM
C_Watkins
My Feedback: (10)

Just above the forum, on the right hand side... set your display from the "30 day" default to "all".
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/RC_Jet_forums/m_21378/tm.htm]Here's the oldest post in the jet forum[/link]
Old 06-11-2004, 12:45 PM

ORIGINAL: C_Watkins

Just above the forum, on the right hand side... set your display from the "30 day" default to "all".
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/RC_Jet_forums/m_21378/tm.htm]Here's the oldest post in the jet forum[/link]

Good info! Thanks.