Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fascisim in the jets forum

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fascisim in the jets forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 11:41 PM
rpmtech
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fascisim in the jets forum

Where did the trial go?????
Old 06-10-2004, 11:50 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: ???????????

it has been suspended ... freedom is dead from no on if anyone thinks outside of the boundaries of acceptance of GhostRider and Dave Brown, you will have your post removed

I have addressed the communistic, ghestapo like actions of GhostRider to Mark (RC admin) I hope he listens to the jet community here and makes surewe are moderated fairly and appropriately. He has come through in the past, and i hope he does so here also ...

Wojtek
Old 06-11-2004, 01:30 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Fascisim in the jets forum

Woj:

What has twisted your panties, son? Six of your last ten posts have been anti- Ghost_Rider.

Except for one point I find them to be lies, half truths, and baseless innuendos.

The only place we have any agreement is the oddity of his avatar, it does seem strange to have a jet mod's avatar peeing on jets.

But for your present condition get out your K-bar and cut your panties off, relieve the pressure. Provided you have the stones to do it. And if you don't have the stones, how could the twisting hurt when there's nothing to squeeze?

Bill.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:10 PM
MHall
My Feedback: (7)

Bill,
That was a little below the belt don't you think? You may not like what he has to say but he is doing it above the belt. It does seem that a lot of threads are being locked or removed for what seem like personal reasons. What is the harm if a thread starts out on one subject and shifts to another. If RCU members didn't like it , it would just roll down the list and fade away on its own with out any hard feelings. How many times have we started a chat with a friend about a new jet and ended talking about the kitchen sink, Who cares!? If members don't like where the thread is going then they can start a new one, try to bring it back on track, or just stop reading it. If nothing bad is happening then what's the harm???
Just my 2 cents worth
Old 06-11-2004, 04:02 PM
William Robison

Default RE: Fascism in the jets forum

Mike:

So far as any thread wandering off topic, I agree with you completely. So long as the participants are enjoying it, and it stays within the guidelines of common decency, I'll usually let one run.

Some threads start with absolute silliness, and some get to that point. Then, if they don't get back to sanity, or at least drop the silliness, I'll close them.

If "R/C Humor" were one of my primary forae, for example, there would probably be no "Add X words" threads. Almost without exception they are both pointless and inane.

Regarding my post, it was intended to aim at an area below the belt. But it is nothing compared to the adjectives Wojtek has used in describing Ghost_Rider's actions. Have you browsed through them? 'Nuff said.

Bill.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:10 PM
J. Campbell
My Feedback: (31)

If you want a site where you can talk about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING with almost no moderator censorship go to AR15.COM. It does seem that threads are closed quickly here if they stray just a little bit off topic or say something negative about 2 in particular manufactures, BUT it has always been that way. Russ
Old 06-11-2004, 09:59 PM
bvmjethead
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: jrc316

If you want a site where you can talk about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING with almost no moderator censorship go to AR15.COM. It does seem that threads are closed quickly here if they stray just a little bit off topic or say something negative about 2 in particular manufactures, BUT it has always been that way. Russ
Apparently you have not been a member of AR15.com for very long.

You cannot say anything and everything over there.

It's gotten better in recent months but there was a time when people were getting banned weekly.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:44 PM
KFalcon
My Feedback: (18)

Is Bill a real Moderator?
Old 06-11-2004, 11:14 PM
wojtek

Except for one point I find them to be lies, half truths, and baseless innuendos.
i only made 1 post (got removed) and the rest i adressed with the admins and other moderators !! I only spoke of facts , indicating specific examples ...

I think RCU is loosing its value quickly , especially here in the jet forum .. used to be that topics were good, and questions were discussed and answered quickly with some really good stuff ..... now all it is is a bunch of wana be experts cryticizing all they do not have or understand ....

im about ready to quit ... this place is like the bunch of old men that sit at the flying field and never fly, just cryticize , compain, and give "expert" advice ........

Wojtek
Old 06-11-2004, 11:32 PM
William Robison

Kenny:

Yes, I am a real moderator. Whatever that means.

I construe it to mean I'm supposed to remove extremes in either direction, maintain a civil atmosphere, and try to keep everything rc related. Except in the control line forum, of course.

There are quite a few moderators on RCU, who have one or more forae they pay particular attention to. There is a somewhat lesser number of "Community" moderators who also have their assigned forae, and in addition are charged with keeping a general eye on the entire site. I am one of these.

The qualifications for "Com Mod" are the same as for a regular moderator, with the addition of having enough time to look over a larger area.

Marc and the rest of the top level people are pretty particular about who they will take on as a moderator (not sure how I slipped through) and they are really a high quality bunch generally. Sometimes a bad apple will slip in, but they are weeded out pretty fast. Ghost_Rider is not one of the bad ones. And incidentally, all of the moderators do it as volunteers. None of us are paid in any manner other than the "Platinum Membership."

Back to the moderation issue.

Wojtek, the subject of this late argument, has been abusive, overbearing, and totally immoderate in his language lately. If Ghost_Rider has shut him down many times recently, well, looking at the postings Wojtek has made I'm not in the least surprised.

Just for a fast example of immoderate language read the second post on this thread. Here's a quote: "...addressed the communistic, ghestapo like actions..." Need any more?

Bill.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:37 PM
William Robison

Woj:

I have access to the removed posts. I'm not going to go back through them to get quotes, but there was more than one. Many more.

I definitely agree with you about wannabes giving bad information and poor advice, but you need to temper your language when you correct them, or fuss about Ghost_Rider.

Bill.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:38 PM
wojtek

Wojtek, the subject of this late argument, has been abusive, overbearing, and totally immoderate in his language lately. If Ghost_Rider has shut him down many times recently, well, looking at the postings Wojtek has made I'm not in the least surprised.
for the record, most of the posts shut down have not even been mine ! Ghost_rider as a moderator was way out of line for IGNORANTLY criticizong me and my intentions, hge was incorrect and ignorant in his statements ... as goes for me describing someones actions as "ghestapo like actions..." whats wrong with that ?? go research what the core values and theories of communism are , then speak up and correct me (if i am wrong) .... everyone does not have to think and act and have the same opinion as the moderators ! and the moderators cant expect to bully the emmbers around to change them otherwise ...

Wojtek
Old 06-11-2004, 11:41 PM
wojtek

I have access to the removed posts. I'm not going to go back through them to get quotes, but there was more than one. Many more.

i am only making reference t oreacent ones (withn the past 6 months )

Wojtek
Old 06-11-2004, 11:52 PM
William Robison

Woj:

Six months? How about six DAYS?

Regards the language. Quote from the Community Policies:

INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE:
The use of inappropriate or offensive language is not permitted in these forums. Inappropriate or offensive language includes, but is not limited to, any language or content that is sexually oriented, sexually suggestive or abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, or that contains racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind. We ask that you please be considerate to other members in the forums when posting your messages.
I added the emphasis.

Bill.
Old 06-12-2004, 12:03 AM
wojtek

stating a fact about someones behavior is not wrong !! so its ok for me to be harassed and defamed ? but im not allowed to speak out against it ??? that is what i mean by COMMUNISM !!!!

why don't you just kick me off of RCU right now ??? just go ahead do it ... it will be just another example of how hypocritical things are getting .... rules are meant to apply both ways !!!

this is why if Ghost_rider can not follow the rules, (or any other moderator) .. then he should be removed ( as should other moderatiors who are objectionable ) ..... 80% of the people who saw the post felt this way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im out of here ..... , this hipoctisy sickens me !! ( factual statement !!! i can post the pictures of the vomit for proof !!! )

Wojtek
Old 06-12-2004, 12:18 AM
William Robison

Woj:

Facts are one thing, but the adjectives used to describe them are a different thing entirely. If, for example, you know a person is the product of an illicit commercial transaction it's much nicer to call him a "Misbegotten son of a woman of ill repute" than it is to call him a "B*****d son of a b***h." Both mean the same thing, but one is acceptable, the other is not. Get the idea?

Bill.
Old 06-12-2004, 12:56 AM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: wojtek
im out of here ..... , this hipoctisy sickens me !!

Wojtek
Woj

Why do you harbor such anger within you?. Life is too short my friend. I would never succumb to anything written here on RCU neither would I let it perturb me. I pray that you do the same. I hope the rest of your evening/night be filled with happiness and this will be my last comment with regards to this episode.

Have a wonderful evening my friend.

Best Regards

.....Ghost_Rider.........roger and out...
Old 06-12-2004, 03:14 AM
F.A.

this sounds like a giant "micro managing high school"....it sounds like no -one has anything
better to do than be the class "hall monitor"...
most of us are adults.....we can sense a decline in a topic,and then rest it....big deal.
it's all about fun......remember most of us" graduated" after the 12 years of "discipline"
so unless it;s a blatant hack job on someone..or straight out unruly behavior,leave it alone..
i'm a heli pilot and saw this so reallly no bearing to me.....but sounds awful silly.
Old 06-12-2004, 06:14 AM
flyrcjets
My Feedback: (30)

Bill,
Why are you on this guys back , he has'nt done or said anything wrong as far as I can see, and as far as you posting the rules of conduct.. you seem to be saying way more deflamatory statements then anyone else. If your going to be a MOD, then you have to set aside your personal beliefs and do whats best for the community, not what YOU like.
I've been an editor for a top 5 paper for 28 years and nothing this guy said is offensive, it just brings up good soild points. Now if one is opposed to it don't read it..move on but I agree with Woj, it smacks of all he said it does.
One sided communication, GREAT just what a forum needs (to die).
Let the threads run their course.
Kevin AMA #1527
Old 06-12-2004, 06:50 AM
backstab

Im from the great state of Canada and we dont have the hang ups you Americans suffer from..I am too lazy to search out what this thread is all about but when I see on any forum, someone coming down on another for free speech...well its time to be a *****. I think a person should speak their mind no matter what the cost..they should say what ever they want whether its true or not or hurtfull...thats what the internet is for...anonymity allows you to speak your mind without proof or having a point...so say what ever you want to each other..the harsher the better.

oh...and remember...I have all your fresh water..so be carefull what you say about me..
Old 06-12-2004, 08:15 AM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

bill, i do not have a dog in this fight. i dont read every thread and i am not up to speed on the beef between these two guys. but you as moderator talking about panties and stones and the lack of makes you look like the biggest fool. and that sir is why the one gentleman questioned if you were really a moderator, since by your response you were unable to figure that out. how are you helping by conducting yourself as a child. your first post was clearly throwing gas on a fire, and it surely did not earn or keep the respect a moderator would have when you began with such a foolish statement. a moderator has a tough, thankless job. i like the ones we have in this forum, allthough i may not agree with their every decision, i applaud their work. you sir, owe them an apololgy. you have made their job tougher by questioning a customers manhood in a public forum. learn to use the pm feature for that type of dribble, because you really did not impress us with such foolish comments. it is kind of like a person driving like a jerk, as long as they never meet you they will cut you off all day long etc. meet them in person and they find better manners.
my point is i dont think you would speak to this man this way if you were speaking to him face to face. it is funny how we find a better way to communicate when the consequences of our manners can be different. so let me end with THANK YOU MODERATORS AND RCUNIVERSE FOR THIS SITE TO SHARE A COMMON INTEREST, AND THAT I STRONGLY BELIEVE BILL EITHER OWES US AND ESPECIALLY THE MODERATORS AN APOLOGY FOR HIS INSTIGATING COMMENTS OR A RESIGNATION IS IN ORDER. barry
Old 06-12-2004, 11:38 AM
blw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Backstab,

Your comments about the Great state of Canada and about "hangups of you Americans" is rather snobby and uncalled for. Been to Canada a few times and have had Canadian buddies. You may notice that I'm not venting my own feelings about you Canadians. Your level of judgement and maturity speaks louder than I could on that subject.
Old 06-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Folks-

I think we've aired enough of our feelings concerning this subject and it's time to get back to talking about Jets. Should any of you question a moderators decision, review the Community Policies to see if their action was justified and if you're not happy about it send me an email. If there are issues with a Moderator in particular please send me an email and we'll discuss it. Let's move on. Thanks.