Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Best Gyro for Jets

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Best Gyro for Jets

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 11:41 AM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Gyro for Jets

Hi Guy's
For those of you that run Gyros, which do you run and why? Also I run JR systems. Also what have you found in setting them up.

Thank you, Dave R
Old 06-12-2004, 04:06 PM
JetflyerJ
Banned
My Feedback: (67)

Default RE: Best Gyro for Jets

Dave Dave Dave My man !!!!!!!!!!!!

GRAUPNER is the way to go In my Book ( No Wars please Clan )

WHY ? All My jets are scale and main gear's very narrow and I have the tendency to overcontrol the take off and landings so I use them on steering servos only.

Another great feature about this Gyro is that it has two channels so you cannot also use rudders, elevators or ailerons if you feel the need to be assisted in other ways by the Gyro, I personally have them hooked up to the steering servo only as I don't like anything controlling my Jets other than myself.
One more great feature is that they Calibrate themselves to the amount of usage so basically all you need to do is plug it in and bye bye it does it all by itself.

I have a few of them NIB if you need some as they are not easy to get, I strongly recommend it Dave as it is one less thing to worry about even though I still manage to screw things up, but all my Jets have them all of them.

See you in Fresno .......................... Johnny Hernandez
Old 06-12-2004, 04:40 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Johnny, sounds like you've gone to Sean's school of Steering!! Come, give me credit son!

Dave, FWIW, I talked Johnny into buying one of my Gyro's in November for his mirage (First time I walked away from Johnny with his money)

Apparently Johnny's moved up to a porshe gyro for a Yugo application.

A $50.00 hobbico gyro will steer your jet straight down the runway. While I'm not currently using the hobbico, I do use the horizon hobby Piezo gyros. They seem to be fairly bulletproof. I've owned at least 20 of them over the last three years. The only one I saw fail was when I had a fuel leak and it was somewhat submerged in Jet A. Totally my fault, and Horizon gave me a new one for $50.00 instead of the list price.

Sean
Old 06-12-2004, 04:45 PM
seanreit

Johnny, I missed your call on Friday, can you call me on Monday afternoon at the 800 #? Thanks in advance, dude, and thanks for the congratulations!! Was awesome to hear from you.

Sean
Old 06-12-2004, 07:48 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

One more great feature is that they Calibrate themselves to the amount of usage so basically all you need to do is plug it in and bye bye it does it all by itself.
as in auto gain ?? how wouldthat work ??

i miss the JRT 450 for airplanes ,and am waiting to see how the 500a will do .. itherwise futaba 401 is the best !!!

Wojtek
Old 06-13-2004, 10:38 AM
WhoDaMan

Whazup Big J:
Ok so why is Graupner the best?I know you love there systems. Yes Fresno,,,,,,,,,,,, Hmmmmmmm good idea. Price,,,, talk to me

Sean------------ Hobbico Horizon,,,, Yes

Wojtek, why is the 401 the best????????????

Dave R
Old 06-13-2004, 11:24 AM
JetflyerJ
Banned

Hi Big D

I say is the best cause I've never had any problems with any of their products including servos, TX's, RX's and that to me gives me lots of piece of mind.

Maybe I should rephrase that, ** Its the best for me ** I buy everything in big quantities Big D so you're looking at $95.00 each Gyro, they retail for $146.00 so its not that bad of a deal.

Wojtek, I can give my number man if you want so I can explain to you as best as I can how this works or I can forward you to the repp that can give you the rundown on all that.

FRESNO BIG D

Beast Regards............... Johnny Hernandez
Old 06-13-2004, 11:27 AM
seanreit

Johnny, for $150.00 it will do three axis? Can you explain a little more about the auto gain?
Old 06-13-2004, 11:33 AM
JetflyerJ
Banned

No Sean I cannot, You know better than anyone that I dont have a clue about anything starting from a screwdriver all I can tell you is that it works best for me.

Dont Brake my Ba!!$ Sean You know I'm as lost as a 2 yr old when it comes to this crap

Call me ( 954 ) 263-6990 I'm sorry I couldnt call you back my man I was tied up all day all weekend. I'm in my office at this moment coaching a few open Houses so I can be reached anytime today.

Buy Graupner......... Why ?......... Looks cool [8D]

Johnny Hernandez
Old 06-13-2004, 11:37 AM
seanreit

LOL, I'm not gonna break anything. I'll call you offline.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:57 AM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

I've used the ACT (Action Control Team) fuzzy airplane gyro. It was purchased from Nicolas Godderis of SpiderJets.

This gyro has two servo connections with an auxiliary output to chain another gyro. You could also reverse the directions of your servos within the gyro. I used it in my SJF-16 and it worked flawlessly. Unfortunately, the instruction was only written German. Take a look as SpiderJets website for a picture of the servo. (www.spiderjets.be)

Regards

Ben

Old 06-13-2004, 10:30 PM
WhoDaMan

Hi Johnny:
Wonderful. If you could please send one to Sean. and send me your address and I will get you out some Money. And thank you Mucho. [email protected]

Dave R
Old 06-13-2004, 11:23 PM
JetflyerJ
Banned

No Problem Big D

I'll Take care of it.

Johnny Hernandez
Old 06-14-2004, 07:29 AM
WhoDaMan