Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Orange County Painters? Color Matching!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Orange County Painters? Color Matching!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 01:29 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orange County Painters? Color Matching!!

I would like to know if anyone out there knows of anyone or where i could get some custom laquer paint mixed and matched. I had a rough landing with my A4 and need to do a little touch up work. Unfortunately i did not paint this bird so i need to have some paint mixed and matched.

Thanks for any help..
Old 06-14-2004, 04:29 PM
tomcatter91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Orange County Painters? Color Matching!!

if you have a paint chip thats big enough you can take it to a local hardware store and have them computer match it for you only downside is you would have to pay for a gallon of it or maybe thats not a downside dunno. Dont know about the finish, is there anyway you can call the guy that built it and see what finish he used over it?
Old 06-14-2004, 04:58 PM
dbarrym
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Orange County Painters? Color Matching!!

Most decent auto body supply/paint shops can match colors for you, in a variety of paint types and manufacturers. The big issue is whether they will do it for small quantities (i.e. pints) and whether they will charge you a matching fee per color ($20 or so), which adds up quick. I usually take a wing panel, stab, hatch, etc. and leave it with the paint shop/mixer for a couple days.

There are a few shops I used to buy from in OC, if I can remember the names I will post them for you. Bob Downey/West Whittier Paints was always good about this but is a 30-40 minute drive from you.

Last thing, maybe the builder can just give you some leftover paint (I always save a small amount of un-catalyzed paint in the fridge, for this reason) or give you the paint type/color info.

Barry