Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Willing to scan the Roo manual

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Willing to scan the Roo manual

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 01:44 PM
bkf
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Willing to scan the Roo manual

I have sent my Roo manual to many people in many places. But some live in places where I considered sending it was not a good idea. I just got Adobe Acrobat. So if there is any intrest ill be willing to scan the entire manual into PDF format and make it accessable to any who wants it. Ken
Old 07-10-2002, 02:12 PM
Ragz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi ken...put me in the queue please. [email protected]

thanks
anurag
Old 07-11-2002, 09:41 AM
bkf

Ok guys I got several requests so Ill scan it and let you know when the files are done. Figure about a week. Bkf
Old 07-11-2002, 09:43 AM
bkf

Originally posted by Ragz
Hi ken...put me in the queue please. [email protected]

thanks
anurag
Ragz: I got about a million more detail pictures. All unseen. They will be around in short order. K
Old 07-11-2002, 10:09 AM
Chris Z
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'll test fly your Roo

Hey Ken, if you want you can come down to Binghamton and I'll test fly your Roo? The weather is perfect!

Chris
Old 07-11-2002, 10:14 AM
bkf

Default Re: I'll test fly your Roo

Originally posted by czonio
Hey Ken, if you want you can come down to Binghamton and I'll test fly your Roo? The weather is perfect!

Chris
Thanks Chris I will do that, But I don't have brakes (wrong valve) ill either get a UP-6 from Art's hobby or switch the valves and use the Jetcat electronic valve in porpotional mode.
BTW what is the latest story on Griffiss? I have not heard anything in a week. Ken

Old 07-11-2002, 10:27 AM
Chris Z

Ken,
you don't need brakes flying your Roo at our field. (AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T MOVE AT IDLE) We fly out of a 3500 foot grass full scale runway. I'll be flying my Hotspot and a friend will be there flying his 750/Roo. We both have brakes but never use them.
The only thing I recommend is to setup your failsafe and have your turbine go to idle and retracts extended if the signal is lost.
Grifface is flying as usual.
Regards,
Chris
Old 07-11-2002, 10:45 AM
bkf

Chris: I appreciate the invitation. If ok by you I want to bring my buddy pilot Jeff down and you can train him in flying the Roo as well. He has never flown a turbine but trust me when I say he will not have any problems with it. I already got him on the fast track to getting his waiver. He has flown everything that walks or crawls from an early age. He even flies his 3D Gerry while being hauled around in a real plane his friend has. Ill have to dig out the picture of him flying his plane next to the wing of the real deal. Way cool. A couple of guys here can attest to his skills. We were going to just go off at a field near Buffalo and go for broke but I would feel more warm and fuzzy with an opportunity you offer. I don’t know about you but $5K is a lot of bucks to me. If possible is there a Jet CD that can sign off his waiver flight down there that we can hook up with? Thanks
Old 07-11-2002, 10:47 AM
Chris Z

Yep Me.
The Roo is a *****cat.
You can bring anbody you want.
Old 07-11-2002, 11:06 AM
bkf

Allright Thank you sir Ill contact him and set up a time.

ps: can you also give him the offical ground school?
Not a big deal with auto start turbines but still required.
Old 07-11-2002, 11:55 AM
Chris Z

Ken,
I don't have time this weekend for a ground school, we can schedule that another time. I need to get some time on my Hotspot and Rafale this weekend for an airshow.
But your welcome to come down and at least get your Roo in the air, maybe some stick time on a buddy box with your system.
For a ground school and turbine signoff, I like to concentrate on just that and not have any distractions.
Chris
Old 07-11-2002, 02:26 PM
bkf

Originally posted by czonio
Ken,
I don't have time this weekend for a ground school, we can schedule that another time. I need to get some time on my Hotspot and Rafale this weekend for an airshow.
But your welcome to come down and at least get you Roo in the air, maybe some stick time on a buddy box with your system.
For a ground school and turbine signoff, I like to concentrate on just that and not have any distractions.
Chris
Chris we will set something up when you are not busy. Your doing me a favor and I will work around you schedule without question. Thanks again so very much for the help. Ken