Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

RAM website message

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

RAM website message

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 08:52 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RAM website message

I was just at the RAM website and saw there was a message from Albert Araujo from two days ago. Is this the message that we heard about a few weeks ago? I have been following the turbine manufacturer "discussion" with interest so that when I buy it will be a smart choice. I thought it was weird no one had mentioned it here. Interesting...very interesting...

http://www.ramicrojets.com/main.asp?start=info.html

Bob
Old 07-11-2002, 09:02 PM
bkf
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: RAM website message

Originally posted by sideshow
I was just at the RAM website and saw there was a message from Albert Araujo from two days ago. Is this the message that we heard about a few weeks ago? I have been following the turbine manufacturer "discussion" with interest so that when I buy it will be a smart choice. I thought it was weird no one had mentioned it here. Interesting...very interesting...

http://www.ramicrojets.com/main.asp?start=info.html

Bob
Bob At least they are trying. Their silence is what hurt the most.
Old 07-11-2002, 11:09 PM
Gordon Mc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How many reps, and where ?

Hmmm - so some reps will have some spare parts available at jet events ... but of the two guys closest to my location who were RAM reps, one (the best one they had, IMO) quit, and the other isn't sure whether he's still a rep or not (in fact, last I heard he was having trouble even getting parts for his own engines, which probably means he's not a rep anymore...).

If previous RAM reps are dropping by the wayside, are they being replaced in equal or greater numbers ? If not, then surely it will be pretty hard for a RAM rep with the "support kit" to be present at "almost every jet fly-in in the USA" as claimed. How many current reps are there, and where are they ? I looked for this info on the RAM website, but did not find it.

Regs,
Gordon
Old 07-11-2002, 11:35 PM
fdavis
My Feedback: (1)

Default RAM reps

I count six district managers listed. After the main page loads, hit "about us", then "information", then "sales".
Or just click on the following:
http://www.ramicrojets.com/marketing.html
If you click on their list of reps, from the above page, there are some others listed as well, but it looks to be out of date.
Old 07-12-2002, 03:28 AM
Turbulence
My Feedback: (76)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Question??

Gordon if that is a question, I am sure you can ask Albert on the Turbine support and that way you can get a strait answer. RAM has their distrcit managers who are listed on the website. But then they have Field Reps and Flying Reps.

Turbulence
NOT a REP
Old 07-12-2002, 03:49 AM
rambat1
My Feedback: (6)

Hello guys; I will update the web site sometime in the next week or two with a list of the district mgr's and field reps. BV has agreed to take the support package to all the events he goes to. I have had many offers from customers to handle an event that may not have one of our reps. See you guys soon and hope you are all enjoying your engines ( regardless of the brand you fly ) Remember we are all in this for fun. I am glad to see that the brand bashing has practically gone away. I hope that the turbine clinic has helped. I think this has been a great idea. I will be out of town most of next week but hope to see you all soon.
Old 07-12-2002, 05:55 AM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

does that answer your question gordon? i own a jetcat p-80 as well as a ram 500. if there is anything i can do to make our glorious "hobby" more fruitful to all, then sign me up. i support all who make an effort to make things right. take tony f for example.......he is no longer a rep for ram yet he will help anyone who has a ram engine no matter what. albert, send me a kit.....i'd love to be able to help someone in the future!!!

spencer maze
"turbine" owner
Old 07-12-2002, 12:13 PM
Gordon Mc

Originally posted by smaze17
does that answer your question gordon?
I'm sure it will once I see the list, and see if there's anyone in my area. Also, with any luck I'll see Jamie this weekend and will ask him if he's found out whether he's still a rep or not.

I agree totally about Tony - he spent a lot of time helping me with my RAM 500 even after he stopped being a RAM rep - just coz that's the kind of guy he is. However, the message on the RAM website said that "representatives" would be given these support kits, not "ex representatives who are still extremely helpful" - hence my question.

(At Utah, Tony was very willing to try to help me with my RAM 500 problems, but didn't have the parts to augment his willingness - and that makes a very big difference to the outcome.)

If Albert actually accepts the offers by non-reps to take a support kit to meets that the actual reps won't be at, that would be great. I hope he does.

Regards,
Gordon
Old 07-12-2002, 05:11 PM
Brian B
My Feedback: (5)

Default Support Kit

RAM sent a support kit to Winamac. I dont know if anybody used it, but it was full of goodies: ECUs, pumps, batteries, tubing, etc.
Old 07-13-2002, 12:36 PM
rambat1

Hello guys; In response to your questions, I would be more than happy to send the support kit to anyone who is willing to help others. The purpose of the support package is to keep you guys up in the air. I greatly appreciate the fact that People Like Tony do the things they do to help others. This is what the hobby needs to be all about.

Would anyone one of you guys like to put together a list of all the events along with dates? We could then proceed with putting together a list of people who would be willing to help. This would allow me to properly plan the shipping of the kit and would let me determined how many I would need to have.

Remember that BV has agreed to take it along to all the events he attends. Our reps will do most of the others. What we need to find is all the voids in between. Thanks again for all your help
Old 07-13-2002, 01:48 PM
DavidR

Albert,

You can find a list of events at www.jetpilots.org it lists all the events that JPO knows of.

David Reid
Old 07-13-2002, 02:45 PM
Terry Holston

Albert there is also a list at my web site . hit the www button at the bottom of this post. It'l take to my site, then click on 2002 jet events.
Old 07-13-2002, 03:09 PM
gtmaxx

Default GOOD JOB GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is so refreshing to see!!!!!! Folks helping one another and working together!! I've been waiting a long time to see this occur!! This hobby really needs this type of comradery! I honestly believe that doing it this way - you'll find more folks wanting to come in on the party. In the past, I saw individuals that were interested in turbines and had the money and know how. But, when they saw all the nasty politics and stuff ocurring - they did a 180 and didn't look back - that was too bad as this hobby can be so much fun and a rewarding experience..........That's what's going to keep this hobby alive and thriving. Keeping the folks in it that are already in it - they will continue to upgrade and try new things. They will show the newcomers the ropes so that they don't get fustrated and quit.
It will also bring the newbies into it which can further enhance the hobby and as time passes and experience increases - they too can pass the word and help the up and coming newcomers into the fold...........................It truly can be a WIN - WIN situation for not only the folks who do this as a hobby but, for (ALL) the turbine manufacturers and folks that design and build products that support this hobby that we so dearly love!
Old 07-13-2002, 03:25 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Very well said GTMAXX!
Old 07-13-2002, 05:22 PM
CobraJet
My Feedback: (4)

Albert,
As always, thanks for your support!

We have a pretty complete Jet Calendar on the US RC Jet Command web and when possible we also include a Trip Report. Going forward we can add feedback regarding the "RAMPak" and how useful it was at the event. We can also show who the POC will be for the "RAMPak" at each event if you find this useful.

Regards,
Old 07-14-2002, 03:16 AM
rambat1

Thanks for all your help and support guys. As I mentioned before, I will be out of town most of next week. I will jump on this as soon as I return the following week.

The comment by GTMXXXX was well said. Hope you guys are all having fun out there.