Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

turbines

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

turbines

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 05:35 PM
Guardian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbines

Hi all are there any companies out there that sell turbine kits ? for big planes ?Are there any books out there that tell and show you how to scratch build turbines ?are they relieable ?

Guardian
Old 07-16-2002, 05:43 PM
rcav8tr

Default Kit/Sctarch built Turbines

Hi Guardian

There are a number of companies that sell kits. We carry two from SimJet. They produce 17 and 23 lbs of thrust respectively.

There are also a number of books and plans available which will give you the plans and instructions to construct your own turbine. Check out the GTBA website for more info on plans and materials.

Please review the AMA requirements for homebuilt engines before proceedin to ensure that the engine you are building will meet their requirements.

If I can help in any way, please let me know.

Ed
Old 07-16-2002, 06:34 PM
Laura H

Default turbines

The MW54 or Wren is a very reliable turbine....I would recommend this as mine is very reliable and the engine is cheap to buy!
Old 07-17-2002, 02:19 PM
DennisF

Default JDE 54

Hi Guardian

If you are interested in a turbine kit engine or assembled tested and ready to go Turbine engine AMA approved and serviced in the US check our web site (JDEnterprise.net)

Thanks
Dennis Fuente
JD Enterprises
Wren Turbine
Old 07-18-2002, 05:29 AM
f15iceman

Default turbines

How much do tubine kits normally cost?

JEFF
Old 07-18-2002, 02:53 PM
Johng
My Feedback: (4)

Default turbines

Check here:

http://www.jdenterprise.net/WEng/WEng.htm

That has prices for different purchase options of the MW54.

Dennis, what options/prices are there on the -44, or when will it be available? Will it be a kit as well?
Old 07-18-2002, 03:12 PM
DennisF

Default JDE 54

The price posted on my web site for the engine as it would be supplied from the Wren directly with out the AMA approval and then the JDE 54 with AMA approval.
We will supply the engine in either form so no reason to purchase the engine from the UK and then have to go back to the UK for support JDE will sell and support the engine in the US for the Same price.

I know there is a lot of other manufactures making statements regarding the 44 size turbine but it is not available from any one.
I have the first engine coming, Team Wren UK is using the engine right now in one of the trade shows in Germany and as soon as they return it is to be shipped over to JDE.
There is not many of the engine made at this time there has and will be continued upgrades and changes to the design up and until Mike is happy with the way the engine performs.
The Word from Mike is he has made a change to the Combustion chamber and now feels the engine performing as it should and has started to go into production of the parts for it.
It will be several month's before a production run is made.
If you still have questions i am available to answer them at
650-359-0406
Regards
Dennis
JDE
Old 07-18-2002, 03:18 PM
Johng
My Feedback: (4)

Default turbines

SO, the "turbine only" option is without AMA approval and the "turbine complete kit" or "fully assembled engine" is with AMA approval?

Thanks
Old 07-18-2002, 05:52 PM
rcav8tr

Default SimJet Turbine Kits

Hi John

The SimJet Sonic 7000 and Sonic 8000 kits are fully AMA approved and come complete with ECU, valves and full auto electric start. Nothing else to buy. The Sonic 7000 Kit is $1849 and the Sonic 8000 Kit is $2099. The price also includes final balancing and return shipping.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Ed
Old 07-18-2002, 07:45 PM
DennisF

Default 54 Turbine engine

Both engine's are offered with everything you need to run the engine complete
Old 07-19-2002, 06:51 AM
f15iceman

Default turbines

How long and how much work would it take to put a turbine kit together? Also how much thrust would the MW54 put out?

JEFF
Old 07-19-2002, 02:13 PM
DennisF

Default JDE 54

Hi Jeff
The AMA approved version is the JDE 54 I have the kits and assembled engine's AMA approved along with the free wheeling Turbo Prop and Heli interface.
The kit is completely machined and all the attaching holes are drilled and threads tapped the kit requires balancing there is a manual that outlines this function or you can have the kit balanced electronically here at the factory at time of purchase.
Most of our customers assemble the engine in a weekend; the engine has a trust rating of 12 lbs.

BRG's
Dennis Fuente
JD Enterprises