Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Ram750F

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Ram750F

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2002, 10:17 PM
paperairplanes
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram750F

can I run JP8 in this? Also on my startbox, the valve for the proprane will move in any direction. Is this right? The valve for the air will only move up and down, like a regular type of valve should. If this is not right, will I be charged by RAM to fix this? No big deal if I have to, just curious. I bought this second hand, with 0 runs on it.
Old 07-21-2002, 06:14 AM
paperairplanes

Default more questions...

I dont have a battery for the ECU. Where can I get one, what kind, mah, nimh or nicd? Whats the best battery for it. Also do they come with the connectors already on them? If not where can I get those also? Thanks.
Old 07-22-2002, 04:51 AM
rambat1
My Feedback: (6)

Default Ram750F

Hello; I have not run the JP8 but don't see why it should be a problem. Monitor the engine well when you run it. As far as the battery, you can run a Ni Cad 1400ma or greater. Good luck.
Old 07-22-2002, 11:58 AM
CobraJet
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ram750F

I have run several gallons of JP-8 through my RAM 750. There should be no issues with running JP-8, Jet-A, or Kero in this motor. You may see a slight EGT difference between the three and that's about it. Some will burn slightly hotter than others. Specific gravity of the fuels are very similar, also. When we flew cross-country in Army choppers and switched from the old JP-4 to Jet-A we noticed a slight EGT rise (10-20deg), that's about it.
Old 07-22-2002, 10:13 PM
paperairplanes

Default Ram750F

Same here with swithcing fuels on the real helos, We mainly use JP8, but when we fly north to our airfac, we use Jet A. If a multimillion dollar helo can switch fuels, why not our turbines. It would be nice to be able to use the JP8 because I have an endless supply of fuel samples with prist!!!!

For the battery question, where can I get one with the connector already attatched? If they dont have them, where can I get the connector? What type of connector do they call them?

Start box question: The air valve moves only up and down as in a normal type valve, however the proprane valve will move in any direction. Is this normal? Do I have to send it back to RAM?

Also what type of proprane do you use? I have heard that the regular coleman fuel will work, but most people use the powermax stuff?
Old 07-22-2002, 11:21 PM
Dave Matthews

Default Ram750F

Hi,

For the Start box question the vales do exactly what you say and this is normal. The gas valve moves in all directions and the air goes up/down.

Any Propane will work. Collman tanks fit the supplied gas valve.

As for the battery. you need 5 cell 1,400 mAh or higher if you wish. The connectors can be got via www.farnell.com and are Made by Anderson Power Products. The connectors are rated @ 15A to 120A.

Hope this helps.

Reagrds,
Old 07-23-2002, 01:07 AM
paperairplanes

Default Ram750F

much appreciated, this is all I need to run her!!!!!