Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

new Arf Boomerang 14lb thrust

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

new Arf Boomerang 14lb thrust

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 10:32 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: new Arf Boomerang 14lb thrust

ORIGINAL: KC36330

ORIGINAL: B58

Wow, in over 30 years in the full scale and drone business, I never used a water tube. Guess you could to replace the pricey little pitot/static tester, but don't think you could certify the system. Never thought of that way to do it. Bob
you didn't happen to work for the Department of Army I'm guessing I'd never had the pleasure of the digital system till i transfered to the Apache and Longbow program in the late 90s and on the CH-47s they still used the hand pump/vacuum pump for airspeed indicator and barometric altimeter testing/leak test.

when i was flying cessna,s i always blew on it to make sure it worked
Old 12-18-2007, 10:33 AM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: digitech

somehow that doesn't surprise me in the least
Old 12-18-2007, 11:00 AM
digitech

ORIGINAL: KC36330

ORIGINAL: digitech

somehow that doesn't surprise me in the least
a well tell me about the us laws....
i remember going in san diego about 15 years ago to rent a cessna , together with a instrutor to have a nice flight over LA
i think it was one of the "last mohicans" Cessna 172,s with a 6 cylinder engine.

i remember these things in particular

why is there some fuel coming out of the wing tanks?
Smiling: as soon we pick up speed and heat you wont notice it..

so where is the flap indicator?
you yell to me how much you need , i will set it for ya (looking out the window)

this thing has a stick shaker?
no the shims are so bad , you need to keep the nose up until we drop below 30mph it will stop shaking (on landing)

however it was one of the best flights we had

low over the sea , the naval base , lax fly by over the beach and those 747 taking of below you..

and all that for 35 usd an hour incl the fuel!! (1992)
i guess that is why it was not really important if some stuff didnt worked...
priceless..
Old 12-18-2007, 11:10 AM
KC36330

kinda like the F-4's the only time they didn't drip (more like a slow trickle) hydraulic fluid was when they ran out.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:47 AM
ViperOneNL

one needs to read the manual

especialy page 56
http://www.jetcat.de/downloads/jetcatgerecuv5neu.pdf

weird thing is they left the calibration bit out of the US manual
if anyone needs some translation i can read it..
Sandor,

Dooooh I read the manual, only got an english one and you can wonder why they leave information like that out of the english manual ....

But thanks for the link and the info (btw it is on page 57)

Cheers,

Mick.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:59 AM
hendrix
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi.
I finally got married and of course i took my Boomerang with me while on the Honey moon
One problem that i encountered was that with the new Intairco wheels that have near zero friction
the residual thrust is so much that i have to use brakes all the time.
Is it a good idea to fit some plastic washers next to the wheel shaft in order to induce some friction to the wheels?
I also did notice that with air temperature close to 0 or -1 Celsius the thrust is increased significantly, is this normal?
Thank you all for the help and i wish you all Merry Christmas and a happy new year with health.
Chris
Old 12-21-2007, 03:30 AM
highhorse

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

Yes and Yes.

Congrats too you !!
Old 12-21-2007, 03:48 AM
hendrix

Hi.
Thank you very much for your good words.
I had been searching for 20 years until i found what i was looking for.
Chris
Old 12-21-2007, 03:50 AM
digitech

ORIGINAL: hendrix

Hi.

I had been searching for 20 years until i found what i was looking for.
Chris

uhhmm you mean the jet right?[8D]
Old 12-21-2007, 07:23 AM
hendrix

Well i guess both of them
Jets do not scare me but women do!
Merry Christmas and happy new year Sandor (i must inform you that my eyes are all over this Velox XXL )
Chris
Old 12-24-2007, 08:23 AM
hendrix

Just an update....
I did fit one plastic washer in each wheel as a tight fit spacer and everything works well now although i do not like the friction.
I also ordered the new Jet-tronics no loss proportional brake valve ( http://www.jet-tronics.de -> Ventile )
because i was curious to see if it will work as advertised. It would be nice to have a proportional valve that does not loose much air and does not use a servo.
I will let you all know how it works when i get it.
Chris

Old 12-24-2007, 08:50 AM
MartinL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Chris,

Did you ordered the brake valve directly from jet-tronics.de? I´m interested in it too.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:11 AM
hendrix

Hi.
Yes i ordered directly from Horst Lenerz (Jet-Tronics).
I am waiting for the valve now.
I had been in contact with Jet Tronics a month ago but the valve wasn't ready yet.
Horst notified me just a few days ago that the valve is ready now.
Chris
Old 01-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Fugitivo

Hi, I have got a baby boomerang with a Jet 1-A gear and it is very hard for me to land it because it bounce a lot even in soft landings. I think perhaps due to the springs are too soft. Does anybody know if it is possible to get any harder springs? Has anybody the same problem?
Here you have a link for the maiden flight, this is what I refer, please pay attention to the landing and give me your opinion.
http://video.google.es/videoplay?doc...17081311650646
Thank you.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:03 PM
ThomasP

Hi,

Call Sandor at :- http://www.digitech-turbines.com or Al's Hobbies in the UK I am sure both can help you out on stonger springs.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:53 PM
hendrix

I watched your video and i think you need to get more accustomed to the Boomerang.
I think after a couple more flights you will get a better feeling of the airplane and how to slow the plane during the final approach.
Your final approach started too high and trying to get it to the runway you increased the airspeed much, that's why it bounces.
It has way too much speed above V2 that any runway imperfection will set up in the air again.
Try to implement crow braking or increase the flap's length 1'' in order to have a very effective airbrake.
I am not trying to play it master, i was doing the same thing during my first flight because i was afraid to turn it at a lower altitude for the final.
After i found out that the plane stall characteristics are excellent i just turn for the final from a lower altitude, then after i get inline with the runway
i deploy the airbrakes and let it sit. Try not to use partial flap during touch down because it increases the bouncing problem.
Use as much full down flap possible (close to 80 degrees or more) during the final in order to have an effective airbrake.
Btw i want to ask anyone who knows what is the limit of the CG.
I think many balance it at the fuel tank bay 1st former (right after the engine) but i am not sure if this is safe.
Chris

Old 01-02-2008, 05:10 PM
KC36330

that one came in WAY to hot, slow that baby down, i pull the turbine back to idle with it directly in front of me on the downwind leg and as soon as some speed bleeds off drop flaps to the 'take off' position, then just prior to turning base drop the flap to 'speed brake' position and it'll be at a very comfortable speed when it crosses the threshold, and at a walking pace when it touches down in front of you.

max aft balance point is the former IN FRONT of the engine.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Fugitivo

Thanks all of you
I´ll try to speed down my landings a quite a lot, my concern is to decrease so much the speed that the baby stall before reaching the runway.
I am starting in jets and I need to get accustomed to this kind of engines, but anyway your advices are always wellcome.
Regards
Old 01-02-2008, 05:34 PM
hendrix

max aft balance point is the former IN FRONT of the engine.
That's great because i try to move everything in front and so far i saved 300g (400 from the original configuration)
but my cg is exactly at the former in a little bit nose down attitude.
I made a module consisting of all the turbine auxiliaries out of an aluminum plate and mounted it in the battery compartment.
The only thing that can be seen now if someone opens the hatch is the receiver.
The UAT is right at the firewall and the batteries (2S2P A123) are mounted right next to the nose.
I haven't try it yet this way but i will use the 2S2P pack for powering both the ECU and the radio directly with no regulators.
Of course i have fitted ferrite filters on every power connection and the servo wires.
AUW now is 7,2 Kg dry (15,84 lbs) with my heavy kj66 and my heavy struts and solid 3'' rubber wheel and brakes.
Chris
Old 01-02-2008, 05:34 PM
KC36330

ORIGINAL: Fugitivo

Thanks all of you
I´ll try to speed down my landings a quite a lot, my concern is to decrease so much the speed that the baby stall before reaching the runway.
I am starting in jets and I need to get accustomed to this kind of engines, but anyway your advices are always wellcome.
Regards

take it to altitude, slow it down (turbine at idle), deploy full flaps and start easing the elevator back to keep the nose up, you'll find that if you've got any breeze at all you can back it up in the air. if you get a stall it's very forgiving and just mushes over, if not then the balance is off. after you see how slow it'll fly you won't be scared to slow it down in the landing pattern.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:21 PM
highhorse

ORIGINAL: hendrix

I watched your video and i think you need to get more accustomed to the Boomerang.
I think after a couple more flights you will get a better feeling of the airplane and how to slow the plane during the final approach.
Your final approach started too high and trying to get it to the runway you increased the airspeed much, that's why it bounces.
It has way too much speed above V2 that any runway imperfection will set up in the air again.
Try to implement crow braking or increase the flap's length 1'' in order to have a very effective airbrake.
I am not trying to play it master, i was doing the same thing during my first flight because i was afraid to turn it at a lower altitude for the final.
After i found out that the plane stall characteristics are excellent i just turn for the final from a lower altitude, then after i get inline with the runway
i deploy the airbrakes and let it sit. Try not to use partial flap during touch down because it increases the bouncing problem.
Use as much full down flap possible (close to 80 degrees or more) during the final in order to have an effective airbrake.
Btw i want to ask anyone who knows what is the limit of the CG.
I think many balance it at the fuel tank bay 1st former (right after the engine) but i am not sure if this is safe.
Chris

Uhhhhh, What? V2 ???????????? Isn't that a multi-engine term?
Old 01-02-2008, 06:32 PM
highhorse

Perhaps your nose gear is a bit too long? A slightly nose down attitiude will help "pin" it yo the runway after touchdown, preventing some of the bouncing you see when landing a bit too fast.

Just a thought.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:43 AM
hendrix

Uhhhhh, What? V2 ???????????? Isn't that a multi-engine term?
I might be wrong so a real pilot or anyone who knows for sure can tell us and verify it or correct me.
Untill now i new that V1 is the minimum speed of the airplane during take off that allows the plane to use the elevator and give the airplane a nose up attitude and V2 is the minimum take off speed.
Happy new year Highhorse and i wish to you and everybody good health and perhaps win the lottery?

Perhaps your nose gear is a bit too long?
I totally missed that, you are right the nose strut does look too long.
Chris
Old 01-03-2008, 05:21 AM
MartinL

You almost got it right but not completly :-)

Passing V1 speed commits to fly the airplane whatever happens i.e. engine fire at V1 you don't hit the brakes but you will continue your take off(any problems after V1 are treated as in-flight emergencies). At or below V1 all the conditions are so that you can come to a safestop before you run out of runway. The V1 speed depends on aircraftweigt, wind, dry or wet runway, brakingaction of runway, runwaylength.

V2 is your safe t/o speed which is very close to Vr(rotation speed)
Old 01-03-2008, 06:10 AM
hendrix

You almost got it right but not completly :-)

Passing V1 speed commits to fly the airplane whatever happens i.e. engine fire at V1 you don't hit the brakes but you will continue your take off(any problems after V1 are treated as in-flight emergencies). At or below V1 all the conditions are so that you can come to a safestop before you run out of runway. The V1 speed depends on aircraftweigt, wind, dry or wet runway, brakingaction of runway, runwaylength.

V2 is your safe t/o speed which is very close to Vr(rotation speed)
Hi.
Thank you for correcting me.
I always enjoy to learn things like that, that's why i always remember them.
I may not be a real pilot but somehow i like the phraseology of the pilots.
Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.