Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Can I get a WITNESS???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Can I get a WITNESS???

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Bryce Watson
Banned
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: [Deleted]

ORIGINAL: nitrocomplex1776
Now that F-14 is insane is there any working links to a video of it taking off, flying, landing i am simply amazed by this jet and very intrigued on how the engine functions and what this bird sounds like.
Here is a video of the maiden flight:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrEdE2N3bVc[/youtube]

Thanks again for your comments.

Take Care Everybody
Fly Safe
Bryce
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69180.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	1249863   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13465.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	1249864   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16736.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	1249865  
Old 08-03-2009, 10:24 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

what is up with obama book pitch in this thread? duncker, delete that non jet crap too. obama doesnt fly models, aint been in the military and did his best to defund the f22. on that alone, he should get the boot from a model jet forum. if i cant talk politics here, they shouldnt be able to hawk it here. barry
Old 08-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Bryce Watson
Banned

ORIGINAL: u2fast

what is up with obama book pitch in this thread? duncker, delete that non jet crap too. obama doesnt fly models, aint been in the military and did his best to defund the f22. on that alone, he should get the boot from a model jet forum. if i cant talk politics here, they shouldnt be able to hawk it here. barry
Barry,

The F-22 is one heck of a jet..............I remember a time when another bad@$$ stealth jet was cancelled only to be brought back later and rocks the house to this day............so stay cool, as Grandpa likes to say, "It all works out in the end."

B

Name:	Qo40891.jpg
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	1249877   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81191.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	1249878  
Old 08-03-2009, 10:36 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts
Default RE: Can I get a WITNESS???

Bryce,
see if Grandpa can kick some sense into whoever it was that pulled the plug on the F-14 to
Old 08-03-2009, 10:39 PM
bigbaggy

By all means delete the self promoting politics!! It gets way old. This is not a political forum!![>:]
Old 08-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Bryce Watson
Banned

ORIGINAL: invertmast

Bryce,
see if Grandpa can kick some sense into whoever it was that pulled the plug on the F-14 to

This is about as far as it goes for now Thomas.

Name:	Rp42507.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	1249879   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91510.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	1249880   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62484.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	414.8 KB
ID:	1249881   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67145.jpg
Size:	363.1 KB
ID:	1249882  
Old 08-03-2009, 10:58 PM
bela

ORIGINAL: j.duncker

Many of you may have noticed that a lot of recent posts have disappeared. I have removed all the posts from this latest little ''squabble''. I have also taken steps to ensure that it shouldn't come back up. If it does it will be cleaned up as well. I apologize that this action was neccessary, but this thread was too long to simply remove.

Ken
OK more have gone!

HEY GUYS GIVE IT A REST

Please play nice in this forum.

J.Duncker Jet Mod.
And what pray tell was the point in leaving post# 358?
Hey Bryce...in reply to the stealth post about a stealth jet. its in the works man!
Old 08-04-2009, 12:30 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: u2fast

AMEN!
Old 08-04-2009, 12:52 AM
Bryce Watson
Banned

ORIGINAL: bela
Hey Bryce...in reply to the stealth post about a stealth jet. its in the works man!

Name:	Yw68254.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	1249941  
Old 08-04-2009, 01:18 AM
Hugh Heffner

Well, since this thread is about grandfathers, I'd like to mention mine as well........

First of all, everything I write here is highly classified, and can not be repeated anywhere........ you feel me!

My grandpa was the laundry guy for the Blue Angels back in WW1....................... Back then they flew the predecessor to the F-22, the super secret stealth Fokker DR1. Even though he was only doing their laundry, I still like to say that he was a real Blue Angel. After all, grandpa has told me things that I can't repeat here, and I will be taken to military court if I do. In fact, he also cleaned their latrines, but that will be the topich of his next book where the whole truth will be revealed.................. You have no idea how tough it has been for over 85 years to keep the family secret, but just wait. ............ the truth will prevail...... Because, I, Hugh Leroy Heffner the third don't lie................. Ever...............

My grandpa recently organized a super scale event for us highly advanced scale pilots. It was called the "Ultimate Best Scale Pilot" or Ultimate BS Pilot for short. He wrote a check for $10,000 and made a big trophy for the winner............ Now............ Given my reputation in the scale community................ No one showed up, so naturally I won with my model of the Fokker DR1 in Blue Angels color.......... Complete with working machine guns and a silk scarf that has a nice soft touch against my skin....... Um I getting carried away here......

Anyways, because my Grandfather is black, and because Obama is Black...... obviously the two of them likes to hang out and share military secrets............. In Obama's book, he proudly mentions the Blue Angels and how without the laundry guy, things would have looked so different over Dunkirk.......... So, Grandpa is now the unofficial military advisor to Mr. Obama.

Let me show you some family photos.......... please bear with me, I have about 21,433 photos of myself wearing sunglasses and smiling to my own camera. I also have lots of other family photos to share.......... After all....... What could be more interesting in a jet forum than photos of me and my family.................

Here are a few......... Peace........... Take care.............. Be real................

Name:	Ax72885.jpg
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	1249944   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy77878.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	1249945   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot47516.jpg
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	1249946   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lf95017.jpg
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	1249947   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yk66894.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1249948   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qh65531.jpg
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	1249949  
Old 08-04-2009, 06:14 AM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hugh...I just shot my Cheerios through my nose I laughed so hard!!!...I needed that this morning...What a way to start the day with a good laugh from deep in the gut!!!...

Kevin
Old 08-04-2009, 06:53 AM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

bryce, nice subtle try to take the high road on the reply with the f22 stuff, but i feel the slight. however, the politics here needs to go. you and pops hawk the book elsewhere, this forum is for jets. besides, your beloved f22 is getting the ax by the man on the book. barry
Old 08-04-2009, 08:27 AM
Bryce Watson
Banned

ORIGINAL: nitrocomplex1776
Now that F-14 is insane is there any working links to a video of it taking off, flying, landing i am simply amazed by this jet and very intrigued on how the engine functions and what this bird sounds like.
Maiden flight.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrEdE2N3bVc[/youtube]
Old 08-04-2009, 03:15 PM
joizeex

i stumbled on this thread and although i couldn't read all the pages because i'm at work, i found it very interesting. That's some amazing work on all those jets and at least 1 heli that i caught pics of! Bryce, how do you (and your friends, if they contribute) find the time for such laborious builds? I guess you skip on watching crap on TV and wasting too much time chatting on the computer lol. Man, i gotta stop doing that!

I have been into plastic and scratch built boat/airplane/tank models since i was 7-8 in Russia, but when i came to the USA at 13, i couldn't afford jack. It wasn't until 5 years ago, when i started working for the current manufacturer of F16, that i was able to afford my electric and nitro RC's, as well as a decent airbrush and compressor for my plastic models. Hopefully at one point or another i'll build something from scratch. My current to do list has a WW2 warbird and wooden tall ship/sail boat. BTW, that Kamov50 in the sim is one of my favorite helis of all time; being of Russian design is part of it

I see that you're in NJ, i would love to see your collection in flight. Where do you normally fly these things? i would drive out to wherever.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Bryce Watson
Banned

Hey Thanks.

As far as finding the time to build, I'm first inclined to say; no TV, no wife, no life. To be fair though, I'd have to say there's plenty out there that are able to do it with all those variables and then some so I guess for me, it's honestly been because of certain events that have occured in my life and my grandfather. I've always been a pretty sedentary person unless motivated by something aviation related, so for the past few years he's been throwing these "challenges" my way and to be honest I feel guilty if I don't take him up on them, so I guess it's a harmless way of getting me to do something constructive.

That's pretty cool that you're into plastic as well as R/C models. You can definitely combine the two together in the way of R/C scale stuff. There's certainly nothing as rewarding as completing a scratch build project and either flying or floating it.

As far as my model flying in NJ, I mostly fly my Blade MCX (can't wait for that MSR!) indoors, or electrics in a park or schoolyard, or I'm on the computer, in the way of Realflight, Aerofly PRO, Falcon 4.0, Blackshark, or my current favorite online with:

ACE COMBAT 6

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw2ahDvZyJM&feature=related[/youtube]

I appreciate you wanting to check the birds out, but I don't really know of anywhere in Jersey to fly turbines, so I usually do my model turbine flying down in Florida or if I happen to be somewhere in the country where I know someone who's going flying. There's a great group involved in R/C all over and I'm fortunate that most all of my friends are more than happy to let me get some flight time when I'm either in town or if I happen to show up at the field without a bird; we all just have fun flying whatever with our own group of challenges...

I wish there were more places in NJ to fly turbines because it seemed like every time I'd start something up to do a test run it was like.............There goes the neighborhood!

Name:	Ki20373.jpg
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	1250306  
Old 08-04-2009, 07:29 PM
joizeex

well, i can tell you from first hand experience that tinkering with RC's and static models for hours, almost every day, can be taxing on a relationship and not every woman can take too much of it or any at all. Having said that, my ex did buy me my .50 nitro heli kit and engine after actually researching it online. But those were the good ol' days [] Something in life always ends up being sacrificed.

It's good that you have someone to always push you to try new things though. I'm really blown away by the amount of scale detail that you put into these. Sometimes i look at my plastic Su27 and wish it came in RC form of that size and detail (not that a small 16" RC jet would be practical lol) I'm partial to warbirds, but i would be too scared to fly one if i put so much time into building it. You're really brave for getting the jet up in the air!

Oh yea, Blade mcx and my Walkera are a great way to get into helis without spending much and having a bird that doesn't explode into pieces when the rotor hits something. It's nearly indestructible. I fly the 4#3B outdoors and it can take some very light wind even. It's single rotor FP, but there's a CP version that's only slightly bigger, the 4G3, that can do 3D. Pretty neat stuff.

I used to play Falcon 4 in college, but i kept having trouble with that one thing... whatchamacallit.... landing? Didn't work out too well. I do love the WW2 sim, Il2-Sturmovik. Very nice detail and physics, but since i don't have a HOTAS controller, i use a dual analog logitech pad, with full realism enabled [X(]. I mostly just setup dogfights against 2-3 AI planes. That one screen caption you posted with a Mustang chasing down a Messer 262 is great. I was reading the other day that they actually used nitrous oxide on the P51's to be able to close the gap in speed against the 262.

Well, i'll be watching this thread and if you ever do bring out your bad boys to the field even for static display, i would like to be there
Old 08-05-2009, 06:43 AM
Bryce Watson
Banned

Well it definitely seems like the models and sims have a hold on you as well! You have to try to get HOTAS, sim flying is never the same afterwards. Hat's off to you with the 3D heli stuff, I never was really good at it, (after a couple of times back in the day having my helis come apart during aerobatics) I decided to stick with scale and sport flying, although, these days R/C helis are a whole new breed and are pretty much indestructible no matter what you put them through flying wise.

Yea I owe quite a bit of thanks to Grandpa for being there to keep me motivated to build something, and looking back, it's almost like he went from admiring what I would build and bring over to his house as a kid, to challenging me to build something constantly as an adult so he could have something to do by coming to check up on me. I haven't figured the whole challenge thing out yet, but I swear, it seems like he did it to keep me from spending so much time down in Florida so they would see me up in NJ more often.

I hear you on the women luck. What I try to do these days is combine what she wants with what I like, so going to see a movie like:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maPFhlFfJG8[/youtube]

works out just fine because, she gets to feel like I'm paying attention to her and spending quality time doing something that she wants, and I get to see all the jets, helis and eye candy on the big screen that really have my interest. That is until she realizes that models and aviation will always have a hold over me. It's usually right about then that they start to act like that Decepticon chick Alice and all hope for me is lost. I feel that I am destined to remain forever single with some kind of transmitter or controller in my hand. []

I'll see what I can come up with and post it here or on another thread when I finally make it back out to the field again. Oh great, she's waking up, time to go make breakfast..........for now. Otherwise, she'll have that Decepticon look for the rest of the day

Name:	Sq48061.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	1250558   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96382.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	1250559   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu62083.jpg
Size:	15.1 KB