Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FAA Disapproval Causes Heart of Ohio Move!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FAA Disapproval Causes Heart of Ohio Move!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 02:32 PM
Peter A
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FAA Disapproval Causes Heart of Ohio Move!

I guess it is time to boost the support for local jet clubs instead of local airports.
Instead of suppoting the local airports with fund raising, the money could be better spent on improving local jet clubs and making them more the centre of attention to jet events than the airport......Seems to me the clubs deserve the praise for their efforts.

Have fun.

Old 08-19-2005, 02:50 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

Would it be ok to stop by the new location tomorrow for a test flight and get acquainted with the field?

BTW, rain, sun or snow……the ghost_rider will be there to support you guys even if you move the event to a soccer field.

BTW, this is aerial view of the new event location
Old 08-19-2005, 03:07 PM
fxstd
My Feedback: (3)

Ghost Rider,
By all means, have at it.

This photo is aprox. Five years old. We have a large cement apron at the access to the runway and improvements to the runway. In addition, the parking area has increased.

Please, be our guest.
Regards,
Matt Short - Heart of Ohio Jet Scramble Committee
Old 08-19-2005, 03:15 PM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like a great site, wish I did not have to work.
Tommy
Old 08-19-2005, 03:54 PM
t33jetman
My Feedback: (1)

William and Darla, are in, so see you on Friday early.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:13 PM
jet76
My Feedback: (33)

Hey Ghost, that sounds like an excellent idea. Lets head on over there in the morning. Call Me.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:29 PM
jeteye

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

Would not miss your event for nothing in the world. See you there.

The General
Old 08-19-2005, 05:59 PM
IFlyRC5630
My Feedback: (50)

OK you guys that want to come over on Saturday (8/20/2005)...................

Here is the deal. BIG-T has asked me to get in touch with you and meet you at the field to provide any help you might need.
Terry is doing a demo at another event so they have us streched pretty thin.
Please e-mail me tonight or call me........We'll arrange to meet and "Git-R-Done"

Bill
Heart of Ohio Organizing Committee
E-mail [email protected]
Phone 614-771-9626
Old 08-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Mark Basel
My Feedback: (24)

Mr Matt.

I am a personal friend of William "Sheet" Hunt. From your post on this thread and another it is obvious that you do not know him at all. He would be the first in the morning to help to fly your jet and the last one there at night to help you put it away, no matter what you may have said or done in the past. I would rather have you blast me for something I have said or done then go after this gentlemen. Please take your sarcasm elsewhere, I for one do not like it and am I am sure there are many more that feel the same way. So here's your chance, Fire away. Let's be perfectly clear on one point, because you representative I will not now or ever purchase a turbine from Jetcat USA.

Mark Basel

Lincoln NE

402-488-4165

Old 08-19-2005, 07:18 PM
Flyjets
My Feedback: (51)

Ben

Many of you know me as a Moderator bust I was at one time an FAA Inspector and currently a B767 Capt I semi understand how they think.

My advice is to find Private Airfields that will rent the facilities for a few days. This will Bypass the FAA mandates and let us all get back to having fun.

In many areas there is typically at least one field for us to have a great weekend Flying from.

The Photo of the selected site looks great but at 700ft I thing the very largest scale Jets might have a tight landing roll outs if they overshoot.

Just my 2 cents Ben and others

Ian

Old 08-19-2005, 09:15 PM
mustangrc

The Heart of Ohio organizing committee and the great folks at Washington Court House had arranged for a shopping trip to the Jefferson Outlets mall during the event. We will still be providing this activity for those of you that would like to get away for a few hours on Saturday August 27. We are still working out the details, logistics, etc. related to relocating the event. The outlet mall is only about 30 minutes from the TORKS field and are providing coupons, etc for us. As we firm up details we will be posting them. It would be helpful to the Outlet mall to get a feel for how many that may be attending. Please contact Bev at [email protected] if you would like to go shopping!

Dave
Heat of Ohio Organizing committee
Old 08-19-2005, 10:30 PM
fxstd
My Feedback: (3)

Attached are updated images of the TORKS - Field of Dreams.
Matt Short - Heart of Ohio Organizing Committee

Old 08-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Daren Savage
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: DocYates
One interesting comment made by the letter...."We consider the mixture ofmodel aircrft and real aircraft as a potentially dangerous situation"...shows a lack of understanding oon their part here. There are methods where the two can share, but it requires really good ground control and understanding of the rules by the R/C pilots
I would never attempt to decipher the thoughts of the FAA, but they might be looking at the fact that with any remotely controlled vehicle, whether air, ground or water, you do not have direct control of the vehicle. Although I attend several full sized fly-ins a year, I would never consider flying a model in close proximity of folks-carrying aircraft for this exact reason.

Daren
Old 08-21-2005, 03:57 PM
wooden shoes
My Feedback: (10)

AS USUAL THE FAA IS USING THEIR CONVOLUTED LOGIC TO DO THIS .
I HAVE A DISPATCHERS LICENSE HAVE DONE SOME FLYING AND HAVE HELPED A MECANIC FRIEND AT OUR LOCAL AIRPORT. ALL MY EXPERIENCES WITH THE FAA HAVE BEEN BAD, MOSTLY BECAUSE OF STUPID LOGIC ON THEIR PART.
HOPE THE AMA GETS SOMETHING RESOLVED ON THIS ISSUE, BUT HAVE MY DOUBTS SINCE AS SAID BEFORE THE FAA IS A GOVERNMENT AGENCY AND THEY CANNOT BE WRONG, CAN THEY?????????
THINK I WILL ENJOY FLOYD BENNETT FIELD WITH 1100 FEET BY 300 FEET NO DISTANCE RESTRICTIONS
ALSO IT IS ONLY ONE HOUR AWAY AND HOPEFULLY SOME IDIOT WILL NOT FLY ABOVE 400 FEET AND GET CLOSE TO PLANES LANDING AT JFK. THAT WOULD GIVE THE FAA ANOTHER FIELD TO CLOSE.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:59 PM
wooden shoes

ANOTHER OBSERVATION WHICH BLEW MY MIND WAS ABOUT THE FINANCES MENTIONED BAHH
I AM DISGUSTED
Old 08-21-2005, 04:52 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ED REINTS

AS USUAL THE FAA IS USING THEIR CONVOLUTED LOGIC TO DO THIS .
I HAVE A DISPATCHERS LICENSE HAVE DONE SOME FLYING AND HAVE HELPED A MECANIC FRIEND AT OUR LOCAL AIRPORT. ALL MY EXPERIENCES WITH THE FAA HAVE BEEN BAD, MOSTLY BECAUSE OF STUPID LOGIC ON THEIR PART.
HOPE THE AMA GETS SOMETHING RESOLVED ON THIS ISSUE, BUT HAVE MY DOUBTS SINCE AS SAID BEFORE THE FAA IS A GOVERNMENT AGENCY AND THEY CANNOT BE WRONG, CAN THEY?????????
THINK I WILL ENJOY FLOYD BENNETT FIELD WITH 1100 FEET BY 300 FEET NO DISTANCE RESTRICTIONS
ALSO IT IS ONLY ONE HOUR AWAY AND HOPEFULLY SOME IDIOT WILL NOT FLY ABOVE 400 FEET AND GET CLOSE TO PLANES LANDING AT JFK. THAT WOULD GIVE THE FAA ANOTHER FIELD TO CLOSE.
That's the spirit! The ADVERSARIAL spirit! Call them stupid! That's going to go over GREAT with the FAA!
People fly over 400 feet CONSTANTLY at Floyd Bennet. All day long. And police helicopters are flying below that right over the field, all the time. And Kennedy traffic flies through all the time.
I hope that if someone complains, YOU will be there to give the FAA a piece of your mind! You tell them where they can stick it!
Old 08-21-2005, 04:58 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

I have to say, the TORKS field, that place...is AWESOME. NICE field, guys.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:46 PM
Steve S
My Feedback: (54)

ET

You slam the guy for expressing his opinion and what he feels holds true,yet you sit there and mention point blank for all eyes to see (namely FAA) that guys are flying over 400 feet all day long at FB??What you just disclosed exceeds and is far more harmful than what he mentioned!!Good going now you guys face the possiblity of your aforementioned alegations getting back to FAA so you can face a investigation & risk losing your field next??

Quite honestly we are seeing our rights/freedoms as Americans slip away day by day .Everything we do now seems to be watched under a microscope & the govt. wants to try control all 4 corners of our lives.It really ticks me off ,evenmore so especially cause I'm in the high tax bracket and I see nothing good being done with my money for the most part .We should not be in Iraq anymore,our involvement there should have ended quite awhile back after Sadam was captured,I truly dont get it .So in closing I agree with Ed on his comment saying "FAA is a govt. agency & they cant be wrong"?The govt. is never wrong about anything are they??
Old 08-21-2005, 05:50 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm curious..

Does all this FAA stuff going on now have anything to do with what happened at Best in the West 05?
Old 08-21-2005, 06:01 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: Fentress Jets

ET

You slam the guy for expressing his opinion and what he feels holds true,yet you sit there and mention point blank for all eyes to see (namely FAA) that guys are flying over 400 feet all day long at FB??What you just disclosed exceeds and is far more harmful than what he mentioned!!Good going now you guys face the possiblity of your aforementioned alegations getting back to FAA so you can face a investigation & risk losing your field next??

Quite honestly we are seeing our rights/freedoms as Americans slip away day by day .Everything we do now seems to be watched under a microscope & the govt. wants to try control all 4 corners of our lives.It really ticks me off ,evenmore so especially cause I'm in the high tax bracket and I see nothing good being done with my money for the most part .We should not be in Iraq anymore,our involvement there should have ended quite awhile back after Sadam was captured,I truly dont get it .So in closing I agree with Ed on his comment saying "FAA is a govt. agency & they cant be wrong"?The govt. is never wrong about anything are they??
Conversely, the government is never RIGHT about anything? Is that it?

Look, I'm glad that guy has an OPINION. My Uncle Walter was a complete drunk who had an opinion about everything. We learned not to listen. One day he knocked himself out when he bumped his head on the faucet trying to drink from the slop sink in the basement and drowned.
In the meanwhile, this whole situation with losing access to airports seems to have arisen from people acting like Ed Reints above, thinking that they had some sort of "right" and copping an attitude towards the FAA. Face it. The FAA holds all the cards. It's much easier for them to just say NO. And attitudes like the above make it much easier for them to say no.
They are perfectly aware of what goes on at FBF and CHOOSE to do nothing about it. Far as I am concerned, they are my best buddy, the FAA is! My other field is RIGHT down the street from Teterboro. They shut us down once. For a very minor reason. One phone call is all it took. Took three years of grovelling to get the field re-opened. You can be DAMN sure that nobody copped any "attitude" with the FAA, we just took it on the chin and got with the diplomacy and grovelling.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:02 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

ORIGINAL: Doug Cronkhite

I'm curious..

Does all this FAA stuff going on now have anything to do with what happened at Best in the West 05?
The Prado thing where someone flew close to a Mooney?
Old 08-21-2005, 08:08 PM
BR289
My Feedback: (106)

I was looking forward to making the trip out for the show as a spectator. Unfortunately, I am sure the full scale Vampire wont be landing on this field, and I was looking forward to that.
As far as the FAA......it may end up like anything else someone doesnt like, and sooner or later, our hobby will slowly dwindle away...not because of the actions of others, but because people dont understand our hobby, and will complain about the noise, or some other crap, as they continue to build houses in every nook and cranny they can find.
This may only be the beginning....next they will say terrorists will be using R/C jets to drop real bombs or something.........
Old 08-21-2005, 08:46 PM
wooden shoes

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT MESSAGE. I AM SURE THE FAA IS WELL AWARE THAT MOST PEOPLE ONLY DEAL WITH THEM BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE AND THAT THOSE SAME PEOPLE HAVE A VERY LOW OPINION OF THE FAA. THEY CAN BE A MOST FRUSTRATING BUNCH AND THEY ARE USUALLY STANDING READY WITH A BIG STICK FOR THE SLIGHTEST INFRACTION DANGEROUS OR NOT. AS THE GERMANS USED TO SAY "BEFEHL IST BEFEHL" AND OUR FREEDOMS AND TAXDOLLARS BE DAMNED
THANKS
ED
Old 08-21-2005, 09:02 PM
EASYTIGER
Banned

Totally. They should let people do whatever they want. And if somebody dies, well, they should have ducked faster.

Anyway...
Looks like a great event, and a great venue. Was this the event that was cancelled last year due to interference?
Old 08-22-2005, 06:52 AM
IFlyRC5630
My Feedback: (50)

This is the event that was cancelled in 2004 due to interference. That cost us mega bucks, but we wanted to be SAFE above all else.
Thanks for the other post regarding TORKS field. A lot of sweat and bucks went into this site. We are lucky to have it and it is wonderful.

Bill
Heart of Ohio Organizing Committee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.