Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Super bandit or composite bobcat? or Kingcat???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Super bandit or composite bobcat? or Kingcat???

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 09:11 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Super bandit or composite bobcat? or Kingcat???

Super bandit composite is easier to build than the original. If you are used to ARFs you might not like it.

I agree with Justin, bandits carve up the sky like an old school pattern plane, just 100 mph faster.

Here is my third one on the bench, laser aligning the wet drop tank. Starting my third year of building!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64041.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	372628  
Old 12-19-2005, 10:01 AM
Ragz

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Chris,
How are you my friend? As you have noticed, I am back to flying jets after a 2 year gap. We still dont have a good air field to fly and I have to drive 2 hrs to get to a decent black top runway. Coming back to choice of airframes. I did consider the Boomerang. But not the XL. I think the Smaller one would be nice with an 18lbs engine. Is it really aerobatic? It looks like a sleepy ship But im sure its FINE on a 300 feet rough grass strip with hazards on both ends??????? Currently I am flying a DRACO from RC Arf, and will test fly my Skymaster F15 in February.

ORIGINAL: cairoman

Anurag Hi,

If I where you, I would also consider buying a ARTF Boomerang XL. Fantastic flyer, plus you can finish it in one day, (early in the morning to very late at night). I know I did with my Boomerang INTRO. Ordered it fom Ali on Tuesday, arrived at my doorstep on Friday afternoon (thanks Al).Started building it on Saturday morning and did my range checks and engine runs on Sunday morning (Jascat100 witnessed it).
You also get to spend a lot less cash on it and even if you crash it (God forbid), you can still buy another three for the price of one of the above mentioned Superjets. You can upgrade to the elite of Jet flying (BVM, JMP etc) when you are really confident about your jet flying skills. Just a buddy to buddy piece of advice.

Best regards,
Chris
Old 12-19-2005, 01:03 PM
cairoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mate,

Have a look at Boomerangjets website, download the movies and see what both sizes are capable of. You can literally fly the F3A schedule with this airplane. Plus, any retracts will do the job, you don't need expensive high powered digital servos, nor high amp battery packs. Most of all, you don't get to see ten thousand dollars investment move from one side of the sky to the other, wondering when they will go up in smoke!!!!

http://www.boomerangjets.com

Best regards,
Chris
Old 12-19-2005, 01:57 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Anyway, Ragz, don't stop considering the Bandit, there are quite a few for sale on RCU that are ready to fly, saves you the building. If you're like me you don't want to deal with somebody else's building and potential for area's not up to your standards, but I see Gord Dickens Super Bandit is up for sale, from all I've heard it's a wonderfully built airplane.

I don't personally think of the Super Bandit as the jet that all others are compared to, not at all, I think in the same style of jet there are others out there every bit as good if not better, but not all are in production anymore. But, as this thread is regarding b/cat, k/cat, and bandit, I'll leave them out of it.

They are different styles of flying. Bandit is in a different class than the other 2, not to say it's a higher or better class, but definitely a different class.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:22 PM
sandslx
My Feedback: (1)

Has anyone seen Jeremy in action with his own jet?
Then ask yourself why is he a self proclaimed subject matter expert in this field?
Consider the source.

Justin Sands

Old 12-19-2005, 02:26 PM
cairoman

Jeremy,

Please read through Anurag's last thread. There's a 300 ft grass strip with obstacles on both ends. Now call me an idiot, but I have seen both the KC and the SB take-off and land and they need a lot more runway than that.

Chris
Old 12-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix
This thread is about a bobcat, kingcat, or bandit, the boomerang wasn't an option.

Since the thread starter himself was quite happy to entertain the idea of the Boomerang, and even ask questions about its aerobatic capabilities, then I fail to see what's wrong about continuing to discuss the Boomerang in here. BTW, the thread didn't originally mention the Kingcat either - that also got mentioned as an aside and became part of the thread... yet I saw no complaints about that.

Gordon
Old 12-19-2005, 02:52 PM
LGM Graphix

ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix
This thread is about a bobcat, kingcat, or bandit, the boomerang wasn't an option.

Since the thread starter himself was quite happy to entertain the idea of the Boomerang, and even ask questions about its aerobatic capabilities, then I fail to see what's wrong about continuing to discuss the Boomerang in here. BTW, the thread didn't originally mention the Kingcat either - that also got mentioned as an aside and became part of the thread... yet I saw no complaints about that.

Gordon
Ok, I removed my comment about the boomerang, I missed the thread starters last post before I made my post. sorry. What do you mean the thread didn't originally mention the kingcat? it's in the thread title and was being discussed from when I first saw the thread. If it got added later it was added before my first post so I took it as the thread was about those 3 aircraft.
Sorry if it wasn't originally there, it has been since I first saw the thread.

Justin
You want to explain to me what the hell your comment is supposed to mean? I keep forgetting people aren't allowed to have an opinion regarding BVM products in a thread you're part of.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:57 AM
Ragz

Guys, I did not intend to start a fresh round of war here. Just want some good unbiased advice. I did add the Kingcat afterwards. It was not a part of the original question because I presumed its too big for a 28lbs engine that I have. Lets just all have peace and enjoy this great hobby.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:49 PM
c_makhija

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go bobby.

see you in Mumbai on 16,17th feb.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:11 PM
smokin-gun
My Feedback: (18)

tell us neofytes what other full fuse jets are equal to or as you say better than a super bandit. since your up on the soap-box give us the full bull of your expert opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!![:@]
Old 01-29-2006, 11:26 PM
Ehab
My Feedback: (44)

I've owned all three (the BC is the original built up) and they are all similar and different at the same time. I have had over 120 flights on two bandits, over 300 on the BC and a few on the KC. If you are looking for the easisiest to assemble, transport, take off and land then, IMHO, I'd get the BC comp. Especially if you have a P120 already, then power will not be a problem. The BC is the easiest for ME to land...If cost is an issue, then the old style Hot spot, Kangaroo and the like may be your best bet. Believe it or not, an F15 ARF may be a good plane if handled properly. Let us know what you decide....
Old 01-30-2006, 01:41 AM
Ragz

I am on the wait list for the BC and the KC. I believe they are back ordered 4-6 weeks.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Shok
My Feedback: (28)

You need the new Super Bandit STOL

It flies like a.....well, like a trainer

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12241.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	398496  
Old 01-30-2006, 03:22 PM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Hands down the Composite Bobcat is the Best for too many reasons to list. I had them all so I know. The Super and the King are great, but the Composite Bobcat has too many advantages.
Scott
Old 01-30-2006, 09:33 PM
LGM Graphix

Jet Model Products Firebird
CAI Raptor (out of production)
Aviation Design Exocet (requires a lot of building, but builds faster than the super bandit)

These are 3 other planes that I have seen personally from others flying them or flown myself. There are some others out there that from what I've read are excellent and probably equal to a SB such as the Vigilante and Sheliak but I haven't seen them in person nor flown them. I however did NOT mention them earlier because this thread is asking about specific jets.

Old 01-30-2006, 09:47 PM
smokin-gun

those were all such fantastic models that most of them are out of buissness and there are currently 5 bandits to every firebird sold and it cost twice as much! and there are only about 500 bandits out there ,let me know when another model of that quality sells that many satisfied customers[:@]
Old 01-31-2006, 09:55 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: G.KERR JR.

tell us neofytes what other full fuse jets are equal to or as you say better than a super bandit. since your up on the soap-box give us the full bull of your expert opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!![:@]

Give Jeremy a break or I’m driving down tonight and smack you in the head (lol)

What are you and your Dad doing this weekend?. They are calling for nice weather in Ohio and Indiana by weekend. You want to drive down and meet up with me at AMA this weekend and burn some Kero?

Regards

Ben
Old 01-31-2006, 10:03 PM
smokin-gun

don't forget to allow yourslf enough time to fly out west and give justin the smack down also! when it comes to lgm's expert opin. we are a tag team- match on!
Old 02-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Jet Lag
My Feedback: (26)

Ben,none of us are safe since Kerr Jr has discovered the keyboard.He is a journalistic nightmare.Thanks for the invite,but I am still putting the finishing touches on my new Sabre and still need to do some work on last years Maverick.I do still sniff some Kero now and again to keep my spirits up.Take care,Gerry
Old 02-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The Vigilante and the Sheliak may be good kits, but they are in no way near equal to the Superbandit, Bobcat and the King of all Kingcat. Joe C!!!
Old 02-04-2006, 08:46 AM
sala7

Hi Ragz

Welcome back, I guess its hard to quit this hobby

Super bandit: more building time, too fast, long distance for take off and landing.
KC & BobCat: less building time, fast, slow flying, short distance for take off and landing.

just my opinion
by the way I sold my super bandit -had over 40 flights on it- and got myself a bobcat.

salah
Old 02-04-2006, 01:10 PM
Ragz

Hey Salah,

Good to see you again my friend. I never quit. I just spent more time with the props... I cannot even imagine quitting this hobby....Its not an option.

Mayur told me about your S Bandit and your opinion about it. Like this thread suggests, the opinion is divided over the KC or the BC. I like them both, but will choose one. I am on the wait list with BVM for either of this plane. I guess whatever comes in first will land up in my hangar. The engine i plan to use is a 28lbs class.