Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
BVM Aggressor II >

BVM Aggressor II

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM Aggressor II

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 06:26 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BVM Aggressor II

Is it possible to convert a BVM Agressor II ducted fan jet into turbine power?
Old 11-21-2002, 12:25 AM
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default BVM Aggressor II

I've never seen one converted. Having owned a couple of 'em I can tell you space will be at a premium! You will have to convert the saddle tanks to be able to withstand kero (no big deal) but the problem is that they only hold nine ounces each. Special tanks to convert a Maverick won't work because the Mav fuselage is based on the newer and larger Aggressor III/Ultra Viper format. Another tank could be mounted between the inlets but I still don't think that you will have enough fuel without going to an external belly tank. The largest turbine that would work would be a MW 54 design. (Ram 500/PST 600) Personally, I really don't think it would be worth the effort with the fuel capacity problem and all of the necessary structural mods needed to make the model safe.

Kevin
Old 11-21-2002, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't Bother!

Don't bother! There is hardly enough room for fuel for a 5 minute ducted fan flight. I beleive mine has 18 ounces. The plane is already fast enough. The wing loading is high when compared to average jets, so it would be worse when turbineized. The wing may not be strong enough for the loading it could be put through.

The aggressor 2 is a great flying plane, with out a doubt, but a turbine would not make it better.

Just my opinion!

On the other hand, a mav pro could be a great turbine plane. If you want to convert something.

Dustin