Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

rossi

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rossi

I know most of you guy's have turbines and i'm going to get one to , but first i have to work my way up. My question is i have a rossi 90 ,it work's well ,idles great ,but at top end it only runs smooth when it screams and there is little or no smoke.Can the engine take it or not and is this normal.
Old 11-21-2002, 03:03 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Default rossi

You should richen it up a bit so you can see a smoke trail. Otherwise it probably won't last too long.
Old 11-21-2002, 09:50 PM

Default rossi

are you using a fuel with a higher oil content. Not just someting like cool power jet( just a common fuel at hobby shops). I add extra oil to the omega 10 . Running with little to no smoke trail and that engine won't last long. My rossi.82 on a byron fan(enforcer frame) I use omega 5-10% with about 2oz of racing oil added. lean out great and has excellent smoke trail. No prob.
??????? just a thought.
Old 11-21-2002, 11:32 PM

Default rossi

Yes, i burn wildcat jet-A fuel 10% with 23% oil and high end needle turned out about two turns. Would pipe length make a big difference.
Old 11-21-2002, 11:44 PM

Default rossi

Pipe length will definitely make a difference, too short and it will run hot also. Lengthen by 1/4 " at a time until you get it right.