Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 Jet Central Flea?? >

Jet Central Flea??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet Central Flea??

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 01:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jet Central Flea??

i can see where the maximum fuel consuption figure would be helpful, if per say, you can run WOT for 7mins from fire to stall, then when in actual use, you KNOW you have 7mins of WOT run time. so you can estimate for taxi takeoff landing, at only 3/4 throat you have approximatly 10 minuest to get it up and back down b4 nature and gravity take its course. a nice figure to know in the end imho

tim
Old 03-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Banned
My Feedback: (67)

I wonder if you can stuff that engine on one of those Twin SU-27's that's supposed to be setup for Electric fans.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:51 PM

ORIGINAL: BluFox

...For those of you seriously interested in WOT fuel consumption figures, we will test this and post it. The value of this figure is not as important as the value of normal flight / fuel consumption.

Sincerely,
Eric Clapp
Distributor North America
Jet-Central Turbines
www.jetArtes.com
jetArtes Gulf Coast
Eric,

I'm sure that many people would concider a Fuel consumption figure at full stated power is an absolute must. They then have the opportunity to compare things closely. To asses the merits of all products ...." On a level playing field".

So as you promised ...lets have the fuel consumption figures for WOT ASAP

Old 03-27-2006, 03:05 PM

Not sure, I'm not famiiar with this airframe, I suppose if it were suitably strong and would accept the Flea 60mm dia. and 12oz weight + fuel, then maybe. Also bear in mind this would give you 12lbs static thrust but much more high speed dynamic thrust than a comparable 12lb thrust fan combo.

I have personally check run every Jet Central engine sold to my UK customers and so far all have performed above the nominal specs. This trend may have something to do with the factory testing all engines at 6000' altitude. I look forward to running/flying the Flea, I've no doubt it will follow in the footsteps of it's bigger brothers.

Rob.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:22 PM

From my own experience the most FAQ regarding fuel consumption is what sort of flight duration I get with a particular engine/airframe/fuel capacity combination.

I try to quote a popular airframe the customer is familiar with, maybe even one they own themselves. A typical example might be a Merlin 160 or Rhino 160 powered Eurosport, a fine airframe that I'm sure most people can relate to.

Hope that helps some more.

Rob.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:33 PM

Hello Felipe,

Thank you very much for the clarification. The Wren guys think that an estimated fuel consumption of around 3.4 - 3.5 oz. per minute at full throttle is much more reasonable. Using the formula I gave earlier, it comes out at 38 ml/min for each kilo of thrust, which is a good figure for a small engine - as we all know, it is more difficult to make the small ones as efficient as the larger ones.

I appreciate what you are saying about "normal flying" and that people do not usually fly with the throttle open all the time. However, Gordon Mc has made a good point that one person's "normal" is not another's, and that makes it difficult to compare engines. We think that giving the figures for one minute at full throttle gives an easily comparable standard measurement. It also gives customers the chance, once they know the formula, to assess the probable efficiency of an engine by dividing the amount of fuel by kilos of thrust - especially if the figures have been obtained from an independent source. We want the customers to have as much accurate information as possible, because then they can make informed choices. As Treadstone said, we need a "level playing field" for both customers and manufacturers.

Hoping to see you again at JetPower this year.

Regards
Sara
Old 03-27-2006, 03:44 PM
My Feedback: (28)

ORIGINAL: WrenTurbines
It is surprising that neither JetArtes nor JetCat submit engines, as according to the published thrust and fuel consumption figures on their websites their engines are acheiving an efficiency far beyond any others.

Sara Parish
Wren Turbines

I have to say that of all the engines I have run, my Jetcat P-60 is by far my favorite because of the throttle response.
But you are right.

This engine drinks much more fuel than claimed by Jetcat.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Shok

ORIGINAL: WrenTurbines
It is surprising that neither JetArtes nor JetCat submit engines, as according to the published thrust and fuel consumption figures on their websites their engines are acheiving an efficiency far beyond any others.

Sara Parish
Wren Turbines

I have to say that of all the engines I have run, my Jetcat P-60 is by far my favorite because of the throttle response.
But you are right.

This engine drinks much more fuel than claimed by Jetcat.

Shock...Just out of interest ...how much more....[8D]
Old 03-27-2006, 04:32 PM

On the first few runs I actually measured around 9oz a minute

I would still buy another in a heartbeat though

I get to play with an mw-44 alot and its a fun engine as well.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:42 PM

hi all i have to say i am surprised at all the people who are comparing the wren 44 to the flee when it is in a class off its own 6lb off thrust it will fit into the edf class off models. I have to say well done to felipe on all the turbine development he has done, keep it up good work look forward to seeing one in the uk and if has that thrust i will have one kind regards jetman
Old 03-27-2006, 04:57 PM
My Feedback: (69)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would still buy another in a heartbeat though

I get to play with an mw-44 alot and its a fun engine as well.
I agree absolutely on the 9oz/min.

Dave
Old 03-27-2006, 08:53 PM

If the Flea were going to be compared to to anything it would have to be the Lambert T32. There are much closer to the same size and weight however the Lambert I believe is closer to half the thrust. The Wren and the Flea really are meant for two entirely different classes of models in my opinion.

I think a better spin of conversation for this topic would be what models would we want to see developed for this size of turbine rather then having to convert existing EDFs?

Mark
Old 03-27-2006, 09:24 PM

ORIGINAL: mdelzer

If the Flea were going to be compared to to anything it would have to be the Lambert T32. There are much closer to the same size and weight however the Lambert I believe is closer to half the thrust. The Wren and the Flea really are meant for two entirely different classes of models in my opinion.

Mark

I disagree, the 44 that I use was only the 7lbs model, only 1lbs of thrust off the flea, same basic market.
Im sure our cutlass will fly pretty close to the same with the flea as it does with the 44.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:39 PM

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4087770/tm.htm

Above is the link to Dave Wilshires thread on a Lambert powered Airworld EDF Cougar. While a flea would be slightly larger and still work in this application, I don't think that the Wren would. It might fit, but with everything else invovled, I think that the Wren is over kill.

Mark
Old 03-28-2006, 06:19 AM

ORIGINAL: rcguy!
Dave
...thats more than 28% more fuel being used than Jetcat advertise there P60 at ....Surely that aint right ..[:-]

JetCat P-60 turbine

Thrust: 13 LB @ 165,000 RPM
Weight: 1.87 LB, incl. starter
Diameter: 3.25 inches
RPM Range: 50,000 - 165,000
Exhaust gas temp.: 580°C -690°C
Fuel consumption: 7 oz per/min at full power
Fuel: Jet A1, 1-K kerosene
Lubrication: approximately 5% synthetic turbine oil in the fuel
Maintenance interval: 25 hours
Old 03-28-2006, 06:46 AM
My Feedback: (69)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TREADSTONE

ORIGINAL: rcguy!
Dave
...thats more than 28% more fuel being used than Jetcat advertise there P60 at ....Surely that aint right ..[:-]

JetCat P-60 turbine

Thrust: 13 LB @ 165,000 RPM
Weight: 1.87 LB, incl. starter
Diameter: 3.25 inches
RPM Range: 50,000 - 165,000
Exhaust gas temp.: 580°C -690°C
Fuel consumption: 7 oz per/min at full power
Fuel: Jet A1, 1-K kerosene
Lubrication: approximately 5% synthetic turbine oil in the fuel
Maintenance interval: 25 hours
Not to hijack this thread...9ozs per minute at WOT is what I get on my P60. Maybe even a bit over 9ozs. No where near 7ozs for sure. I have a 72oz tank with the 4oz UAT and have never been able to go more than 8 minutes with a small reserve. I have 15 hours on it and I am very familiar with its consumption. Anybody want to do a scientific study on it? Heck...I'll bet most turbine manufacturers understate the fuel burn at WOT. "Marketing speak". Rather disgusting in my opinion.

Dave
Old 03-28-2006, 07:50 AM

yes, my fuel burn was measured at WOT
Old 03-28-2006, 12:53 PM
My Feedback: (12)

enough wren 44 this topic is for the "FLEA" and besides the 44 is to big for my jet even though tou can throttle it down try fitting the wren in my Kyosho f86 jet[:'(]
Old 03-28-2006, 01:41 PM
Banned

heh. Fiesty lil piston isnt he... or maybe the lil piston that could. lol sorry couldnt help myself

Timmahh
Old 03-28-2006, 05:00 PM

hi to all again this thread is for the jet central flee not wren,jet cat and any other turbine why dont all these people who want to talk about jet cat and wren fuel consumption start a new thread the jet central are quite new to the uk i have been useing them for some time i bought a super eagle 2 years ago well it is a wolf in sheeps clothing so when the falcon came out there was no dout i had to have one i have put in a super reaper but you have to hold your self back because off the thrust 3/4 throtle is more than enuf well done to felipe for all the work he has done and i cant wait to get my hands on a flee i have a brand new ripmax raiper waiting to take charge off the flee keep up the good work kind regards jetman
Old 03-28-2006, 05:14 PM

ORIGINAL: jetmanjetman

hi to all again this thread is for the jet central flee not wren,jet cat and any other turbine why dont all these people who want to talk about jet cat and wren fuel consumption start a new thread the jet central are quite new to the uk i have been useing them for some time i bought a super eagle 2 years ago well it is a sheep in wolfs clothing so when the falcon came out there was no dout i had to have one i have put in a super reaper but you have to hold your self back because off the thrust 3/4 throtle is more than enuf well done to felipe for all the work he has done and i cant wait to get my hands on a flee i have a brand new ripmax raiper waiting to take charge off the flee keep up the good work kind regards jetman

Obviously you were not reading the entire thread
Old 03-28-2006, 08:24 PM

little piston that couldn NOT thats why im changing it " littleturbowheel"
Old 03-28-2006, 09:36 PM

Hello friends,
Finally I managed to upload the video of the flea. Here is the link... I know, I know it is not a short link but that is the best I could do.
If you have a chance also see the promo video of Jet Central, it is cool.
Thanks to my friend Ramon Lozano in Spain for the editing.
Hope you enjoy.
Regards
Felipe
www.jet-central.com.mx

http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/F...Sharing23.html
Old 03-28-2006, 09:42 PM

quitale La Musica ,
Old 03-28-2006, 11:14 PM

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

This published page no longer exists. FileSharing23.html ???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.