Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 My new kangaroo! >

My new kangaroo!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

My new kangaroo!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My new kangaroo!

ORIGINAL: MLaCoste

You'll love your Roo!

It was my first jet too....
Yours is sick looking! How slow can you bring it in? My biggest worry!
Old 12-19-2006, 05:32 PM
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

The Roo does very well in slow flight. Play around with some slow flight up high, during the maiden flight. You'll be pleasantly surprised at how well it does.

BTW....The Kangaroo Hop comes from landing it too fast.

Here's a pic of my first jet.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60392.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	580262  
Old 12-19-2006, 05:55 PM

So if you land it slow enough, the nose will stay on the ground?
Seems like the roo is a popular first jet
Old 11-12-2007, 12:30 PM

i have just bought a kangaroo compesite arf a problem is how do i get all the flaps to work i have 9 zap with a 9 chanel receiver i just need some pointers which chanel dose what ,,just a little stumped..normaly fly helis .. please any info would be welcome it this has all the useual servos ,,elevons,flaps,retracts wheel brake,WREN54 FADEC CONTROLER,also would any one now a good friendly jet club i could visit or join thanks for any ones help im portsmouth area so will have to travel,
Old 11-12-2007, 01:06 PM
My Feedback: (287)

Kangaroo doesn,t have flaps it uses a speed brake. I am flying mine fine on a Dx-7 so you will have no probs with 9 channels.....Where do you live ???Is that Portsmith New Hampshire ???
Old 11-12-2007, 01:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Woketman

I hear ya talkin', Hammer. [8D]

And i hear you make no sence,,,
Old 11-12-2007, 01:49 PM

hi im sorry i should have relised this sit is mainly used in the states i live portsmouth england i just realy want to know which chanel would be best for for the control serfaces ie speed brake elevons on my zap 9 i have been playing with it but very frustrating i cant seem to get elevons to work seprate from speed brake ,,but thanks for anyones help...
Old 11-12-2007, 03:48 PM

Hi there

I have set up my Kangeroo with y-lead on the 2 servos in each wing. There is no flap on the wing. You then use a normal elevon mix giving you elevator and aileron on the wing.

You can then use any one of the switches on flap(underbelly). I use the slider on the side of the transmitter to activate the flap as you can then bring it in gently. You can also use a 3 position switch to do this function. You will need as close to 90 deg deflection on the "flap" as you can get.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:48 PM
My Feedback: (287)

I used ch 1 and 6 for the elevons and Aux 2 for the speed brake. Most people assign it to the slider switch. But I put mine on a 3 position switch. I really only use it in the full down position. Remember flaps add drag and lift, A speedbrake adds drag and destroys lift. Because I have only 7 channels to use. I operate with single channel operation with my turbine. Murdoc/ grbaker is right. The dreaded Kangaroo bounce is definately a direct result of landing too fast and she still wants to fly. I begin my flare at about 5 ft mark and touch down at full elevator for a smooth landing. It took me all summer to figure that one out. My Roo has many battle scars from the "Roo bounce" bounce to prove it. Also the Roo tends to have roll coupling in the same direction as rudder deflection. I mixed in about 8% opposite aileron to correct this.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:54 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Make certain that you do not listen to the Toilet!

Place your tank over-flow on the outside cause you WILL get fuel residue on the inside of the airframe if you use the Toilet method. (there's a reason it's called a toilet!)
Old 11-15-2007, 01:01 PM

wow im looking forward to flying the roo but im not looking forward to landing it for the first time,, thanks for all you help very mutch appreciated ,,i have now got all the elevators and flaps working ,but still a little troubled ,,i dont think i can get 90 deg of down speed brake as the servo clevis/ link seems to hit the wing fist stopping it from all the travel requierd could one of you good guys post a picture of the servo horn and travel achieved on the speed flaps ,,this would give a some idea of what im looking for from the elevons and speed brake,?thanks for all you help to now,,gettting close to my first flight.one other thing i have the elevons and speed brake working all together as elevons till such time as i flik the speed brake switch is this an ok method or should i have the speed brake locked and just use the elevons as control sefaces?
Old 11-15-2007, 03:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Woketman

Make certain that you do not listen to the Toilet!

Place your tank over-flow on the outside cause you WILL get fuel residue on the inside of the airframe if you use the Toilet method. (there's a reason it's called a toilet!)

Bla,bla,bla. Get a life Mr peanut!
Old 11-15-2007, 04:54 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Mr. Peanut says: don't sweat the first flight. Just make your speedbrake as big as you dare (I always added more area, make it big) and get her slowed down. Remember: if you put the fuel vent on the outside, as you really have to, it will add a little teensie bit of drag. Get it slowed down real good for the landing. They stall gently, practice up high. If all else fails, just shut the turbine down and land dead stick.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:24 PM

thanx again for all your help i will run up the turbine this weekend if all gose to plan i will use a tank of fuel just to be sure it runs as the wren hase 0 hours run time at the moment..i will post a picy when i learn how to its not too prety just now as it was second hand but will paint it ready for the summer.keep you posted,,