Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

2.4 Spektrum Binding Issue

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

2.4 Spektrum Binding Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 05:17 PM
B1Driver
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4 Spektrum Binding Issue

I'm at wits end on this one. I purchased an AR7000 for another jet of mine and am having issues with binding it to my 10X. Manual says to place the binding gizmo to the charge lead which has a positive and negative lead right next to each other, but yet from what I understand the binding gizmo is supposed to short circuit the unit the bind signal...(binding gizmo only accomadates the postive and negative leads at the very ends of the plug) Anyway, I follow the instructions to a T and no blinking LED lights. So I go back to my Euro and try to rebind it to solidify the last settings I had made as to servo positions and the like and again, the charge lead I place the bind gizmo on doesnt seem to give the reciever the signal. What am I doing wrong?? A friend of mine did the original binding and I dont remember this being such a huge mystery... plus I can read and to my eyes, everything is correct. Why am I not being able to bind the AR7000 or the AR9000? The binding gizmo that I have has both, a male and a female plug, I've had to use the female plug on both jets...am I to rewire this? Any comments, suggestions, questions?

Luis
Old 06-10-2007, 05:25 PM
figueroa
My Feedback: (22)

Default RE: 2.4 Spektrum Binding Issue

Luis,
You plug the little gizmo into the battery port of the RX you then plug the battery into an unused channel . The lights should start flashing. You then turn on the TX while holding the bind button on the back of the TX to complete the binding process. Make sure the orientation of the gizmo and the battery is correct.
Good luck.
jef
Old 06-10-2007, 05:56 PM
SinCityJets

He is correct, you can not use just any open port on your receiver. You MUST use the special battery port. Turn your Xmitter OFF. Plug power in to an open channel, turn on power to the receiver. Press the bind button on the back of xmitter, then turn on power. Wait for flashing to stop, and then release binding button on xmitter. You are now bound.

Be sure to REMOVE binding plug from receiver before turning receiver off and back on again.

Now, after you get all your trims and subtrims adjusted.....RE-BIND THE RECEIVER!
Old 06-10-2007, 06:03 PM
B1Driver

WOW, that worked! Thanks a million guys.... why isnt this clear in the instructions?

Luis
Old 06-10-2007, 08:20 PM
SinCityJets

It's written in "JR". I'm also fluent in Ebonics, Spanglish, and I can understand "That time of the month."
Old 06-10-2007, 09:31 PM
B1Driver

LOL ... nuff said.. Thanks again!

Luis
Old 06-10-2007, 09:34 PM
rcjet lynch

Luis

You can do it through the switch as long as it is a three wire switch. I dont mean a switch that has three wires coming out of it, rather a switch that has three colors on each leed orange, brown , red. If you are not using this kind of switch you will have to do it like Jef said either way will work.