Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JWM 2007

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JWM 2007

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 05:27 AM
Jim Cattanach

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: JWM 2007

Just heard that the 2009 JWM will be held in Cyprus, just 10 minutes drive from my house. I look forward to the event & hope to enter.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:39 AM
Flying Arrow
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

:-)
Old 07-11-2007, 05:39 AM
rc-cropduster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Jascat100

Just heard that the 2009 JWM will be held in Cyprus, just 10 minutes drive from my house. I look forward to the event & hope to enter.

It will. Yesterday evening (tuesday) during the IJMC meeting the votes went in favor of Cyprus. Here is Parish delivering the presentation.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:53 AM
Flying Arrow
My Feedback: (6)

Thats correct.

Cyprus won the vote. I am so happy for that cause now I will be able to attend the event. Thanks for all countrys who were considering us and voted for Cyprus. I would love to see all of you again and be part of the big family. Thaks to the IJMC.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40873.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	720656   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66962.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	720657   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79859.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	720658  
Old 07-11-2007, 06:33 AM
Heatseeker_Hill

think cyprus is a good choice pretty central and good weather guarentee'd
Old 07-11-2007, 06:40 AM
Jim Cattanach

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cloudless skies & 35c today & every day during the summer.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Geoff White

Guys,

There are loads(over 200) photos and up to date standings on the AMT Netherlands website

www.amtjets.com

Geoff.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:24 PM
iiievolution

And a 15 minute drive from my home I have added a few pics of the proposed site in Cyprus

Paul

Name:	Jh16619.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	720892   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89970.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	720893   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty65217.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	720894  
Old 07-11-2007, 03:49 PM
jason
My Feedback: (1)

I managed to get to the World Masters to have a look around. There were obviously loads of stunning models and some not so stunning! But the one that real did stand out for me was David Gladwin’s Airworld Hawk. The detailing on the models is out of the world! In my opinion the most accurate hawk there. I will be interesting to see the static scores...

Now for something for you lot to get your teeth into... As well a seeing some world class flying as expected, I saw some awful flying there, flights that would have got the pilots grounded at any UK meet. In the UK you need a "B" to fly at jet events and in the US you need to hold a Turbine Waver. One pilot I doubt could fly a "B" cert, he was putting opposite rudder in a roll and it was a battle for him to keep a really easy to fly plane in the sky! And this was a public show!

Jason
Old 07-11-2007, 04:06 PM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: Flying Arrow

Thats correct.

Cyprus won the vote. I am so happy for that cause now I will be able to attend the event. Thanks for all countrys who were considering us and voted for Cyprus. I would love to see all of you again and be part of the big family. Thaks to the IJMC.

good see you then.....
now can we go to the hotels lobby and have that beer you promissed me?.
it look my internet connection is locked to yours....
so all in the kellyhevlin meet me in the lobby for a harp pint..
Old 07-11-2007, 05:22 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: jason

In the UK you need a "B" to fly at jet events and in the US you need to hold a Turbine Waver. One pilot I doubt could fly a "B" cert, he was putting opposite rudder in a roll and it was a battle for him to keep a really easy to fly plane in the sky! And this was a public show!

Jason
Well, don't beat around the bush. Not sure what you're insinuating. Was this person from the US and so your eluding that the US Turbine Waiver is a joke, and that this "B" thing is a superior system, or what? Or was this person from neither the UK or US and your wondering what their countries' requirements are or the lack there of?

Paul
Old 07-11-2007, 07:06 PM
jason

ORIGINAL: SDCrashmaster

In the UK you need a "B" to fly at jet events and in the US you need to hold a Turbine Waver. One pilot I doubt could fly a "B" cert, he was putting opposite rudder in a roll and it was a battle for him to keep a really easy to fly plane in the sky! And this was a public show!

Jason
Well, don't beat around the bush. Not sure what you're insinuating. Was this person from the US and so your eluding that the US Turbine Waiver is a joke, and that this "B" thing is a superior system, or what? Or was this person from neither the UK or US and your wondering what their countries' requirements are or the lack there of?

Paul
Hi Paul,

I'm not insinuating anything like that at all. The pilot was not from the US or UK. The fact that there were pilots flying 20KG jets around the sky at the World Jet Masters who I would not give stick time on Twinjet is not right at all, is it?

jason

Old 07-11-2007, 07:12 PM
learjet-RCU
My Feedback: (13)

ALL IN ONE,

JUST UPDATED THE SITE

[link=http://www.jetpower-usa.com]NEW JET WORLD MASTERS PICTURE GALLERY'S, SITES AND RESULTS[/link]
Old 07-11-2007, 08:00 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: SDCrashmaster

Jason

Paul
Hi Paul,

I'm not insinuating anything like that at all. The pilot was not from the US or UK. The fact that there were pilots flying 20KG jets around the sky at the World Jet Masters who I would not give stick time on Twinjet is not right at all, is it?

jason

Jason,

No, you are right. That ain't right at all. I know that the US guys compete in qualifiers to get on trhe team and even if they didn't, they're hot sticks. If there are innadequate pilots flying in the JWM, attrition, and the scorecard, will uncover them soon enough. But, I do hate to see a beautiful specimen destroyed because it was too much airplane.

Paul
Old 07-12-2007, 02:55 AM
Geoff White

Latest Scores, including 2nd round are available here

http://www.kestrelsmfc.co.uk/jwm2007.htm

Usual disclaimer - No idea if they are accurate.

Geoff.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:43 PM
HenryRG

Jason

I and my son have sat through the last 2 days 9.00am to 8 pm at WJM. I have never once seen one model cross the flight line. I have never once been concerned about the safety of anyone in the crowd or myself.

Whatever exams the contestants have or have not taken, the result has been in all fairness - very good. So far in 2 days flying I have not seen one genuine crash. I have seen canopies come off, front U/c mashed - but no genuine thumper with the model out of control and completely written off. Give credit where credit is due.

The main problem I have is that there has not been enough reward in the rules for originality and skill. I would like to see extra marks for scratch built models. I would like to see a free style round to encourage more dramatic schedules. This would give the spectator more interest and reward the more skillful.

Anyway we have both enjoyed ourselves immensely. Glad we came. We have about 400 photos and 3 hours of video to share. Lets hope the weather stays good for the last 12 flights due tomorrow.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Xairflyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Michael
what happened with the learjet, I was hoping to see it
Old 07-12-2007, 08:20 PM
cmitch232
My Feedback: (3)

Hey Michael Binder,

Tried but got an error trying to see the pics and scores on your site.

Keep 'em Flyin

cmitch232
Old 07-13-2007, 12:33 AM
learjet-RCU

what happened with the learjet, I was hoping to see it
I tried to go but I am to busy in my business. Could not leave here. [link=http://www.jetpower-usa.com]Jetpower[/link]
My be next time in Cyprus, the weather is also better there.

I also don't think I can't top my result from Hungary

Old 07-13-2007, 12:36 AM
learjet-RCU

Hey Michael Binder,

Tried but got an error trying to see the pics and scores on your site.
My site [link=http://www.jetpower-usa.com]Worldmasters Results and Pics[/link] works.

The links to other sites are down sometimes. Results are pdf downloads on my site.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:44 AM
Big feet

Hi all,
I have been at the event in the Northern Ireland Team as a supporter, I was also press ganged into announcing the flight numbers over the PA system. That got me a front row seat to watch the best jet pilots in the world fight it out with the best scale jets in the world. I can not express how well these guys fly or how well the models look, the pic's (some on the Langford site I shot myself, www.langfordmodelaviation.com ) do not do the models justice.
I would say in fairness that some of the flying was roppie, but never dangerous. If a model crossed a line on the runway the pilot was given a warning, if he did it again he was told to land. No one was told to land.
I never thought i would ever be at a Jet World Masters, never mind supporting my club mates as they compete in it. It has been a long event with long hours at the field from 8am to sometimes 10pm, but totally worth it. If you are thinking about going to Cyprus, GO. You will not regret it.
On Wednesday 11th July, the runner up in Europe in indoor flying put on several displays in Enniskillen Leisure Centre that was simply breath taking. He finished one flight by prophanging beside himself, lowering the Tx to his side, pausing for a second or two, then reaching out and taking hold of the model.
Back at the airfield there were several demo flights by a father and son german team flying two Red Bull hawks in formation, complete with smoke. They never put a wing wrong, one knife edge pass up the runway was less than a foot off the ground. Pics on our Langford site.
I am not worthy to be on the same airfield as these guys. Where can I buy an RC boat??

I would like to say how sorry all the Northern Ireland team members felt for Dewey and the damage in transit to Bunnie.
I was extremely happy to see her fly and wish Dewey every success with her in the future.

As soon as the results are out we will make every effort to get them posted on our site.

Peter
Old 07-14-2007, 06:19 AM
SCALEFANATIC

Got to Enniskillen for a rain free Thursday 12th and Friday morning. I thought the flying was excellent but the event could have been made more interesting for spectators by announcing a few of the pilot/ model details before they flew, i,e, pilot name, country, model and engine type, size and weight. I know it's a competition and not the Jetpower show in Germany which I have attended each year but it would have given us a little more info. Also some results lists available to spectators on the site. Otherwise the organisation seemed to be first class

I have some photos which I'll put up as time permits

Brian Hewson,
Dublin,
Ireland

Andy Lau from China sports a great sun hat but we didn't have too much of that

Name:	Qo38883.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	722539  
Old 07-14-2007, 06:26 AM
SCALEFANATIC

Andys Hornet

Name:	Qo40641.jpg
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	722540  
Old 07-14-2007, 06:35 AM
SCALEFANATIC

Another Hornet shot

Name:	Pn38061.jpg
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	722547  
Old 07-14-2007, 06:37 AM
Heatseeker_Hill

i do think it needs adressing about different awards for models from artf/kit and scratchbuild.
obviously a hell of a lot of work goes into any model at such an event but scratchbuit model's should get some kind of seperate award or something .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.