Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Futaba FASST feedback and TESTING

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Futaba FASST feedback and TESTING

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 07:32 AM
GrayUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba FASST feedback and TESTING

Great stuff!
I have a body like that!
Old 12-10-2007, 09:49 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know if the FASST system is CE certified? i.e. does it have the same problems as the Spektrum systems did with regard to the power limitations?

Are the US sets the same as Europe?

The reason I ask is that Tower has the 7C on 2.4 but I haven't seen it advertised yet in the UK.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Mustang Fever
My Feedback: (2)

Futaba has dropped the six channel Rx for the 6EX 2.4 system, so I asked them about substitutes. Both of the 7 channel Rxs are compatible with the 6EX Tx.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:46 PM
GrayUK

I got my 6 in England, it is CE certified.
You need to watch the USA imports, they may not comply.
Read the BMFA news this month.

Paul
Old 12-10-2007, 03:17 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

FWIW I set up a new plane using the MPDX-1. I have each flap on the MPDX-1, in addition to nose wheel steering and JetCat AUX channel command. So far so good, with 4 extra channels available!!

The MPDX-1 is a bit cumbersome to set as there is no trim, but it works on the bench. First flights were planned for Wednesday but I now have to run to Europe for a quick meeting on Friday so I will try to fly her on Sunday and will post a report ASAP.

I tell you one thing, my contacts through the years would get at least a LITTLE info from JR via Horizon, I can get NOTHING from Futaba/GP on this 14 channel FASST module/RX availability!!
Old 12-10-2007, 04:54 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

I tell you one thing, my contacts through the years would get at least a LITTLE info from JR via Horizon, I can get NOTHING from Futaba/GP on this 14 channel FASST module/RX availability!!
Matt,

You're right, Futaba seems to hold things quite close to the vest. I asked Bax if the 8-channel RX was going to have failsafe on all channels and if he thought that they might introduce a 7-channel RX with failsafe on all channels (since with the RX's that work with the TX in PPM, the failsafe is all in the RX). His answer was that they never know about anything that Futaba is doing until they see it in their hand. An interesting way of doing business - at least for us Americans - but I guess that's just their corporate culture. For my money, Futaba has always been the most bang-for-the-buck in the TX/RX area and JR in the digital servo area, so that's why I use what I do, and the FASST system is convincing me that this is still true. I guess I'll just have to bide my time for the 14-channel FASST stuff and in the mean time, work on figuring out all of the things that the 12FG can do...

Bob
Old 12-11-2007, 09:48 AM
BillS

Does anyone know if the FASST system is CE certified? i.e. does it have the same problems as the Spektrum systems did with regard to the power limitations?
Spectrum is reported to reset at 3.5 volts.
Futaba is reported to reset at 2.6 volts.

Spectrum turns all the servos on at the same time. Sort of like turning 5 air conditioners on at the same time. No wonder the lights dim. Ohm's law applies.
Futaba turns the servos on sequentially.

My opinion is that Futaba will be more robust with respect to power.

Bill
Old 12-11-2007, 06:47 PM
crhammond
My Feedback: (21)

I'm glad to see some good reports on FASST. I had bad experiences with Spektrum (equipment failure.) For the most part when it worked it was great, I just got some bad equipment.

I'm hoping that Futaba are simply taking their time on testing to be sure their equipment is reliable. It is somewhat nerve wracking that none of the team members have been using 2.4GHz yet...
Old 12-11-2007, 07:16 PM
GrayUK

I have had NO negative feedback on the FASST system, but have had a lot on the Spektrum.
I feel that Futaba have taken the right route with the 2.4 gig( my own experience with military systems tells me so) , unfortunately the 6 channel tx is not the greatest in flexibility for us jet guys.
When they do get the 12 and 8 out i think we will all be very pleased.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Gary Arthur
My Feedback: (29)

I believe that I may have found part of the issue I was having with the FASST 7ch rx and my JR digital servos.

I gutted my Bobcat to redo the servo leads. Found my "Y" for the rudders and elevator servos were the kind with the amplifier chip. In the past I have had issues with this style of servo lead using a PCM rx. It appears that the FASST is the same when it comes to this issue.

With my hot spot, I tried to use long heavy duty servo leads with the amplifier chip and a PCM rx. It reacted very eratic. When I put regular heavy duty servo leads without the chip, they worked fine.

This was the same when I had the FASST in the Bobcat. I removed the chip style Y and replaced it with a normal Y. Everything seems fine.

Wonder why these servo leads with the chips do not work properly with PCM or FASST systems.

Anyone else come across this issue?

The good news is, the FASST system works fine with my three servos and regular servo leads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 10:25 PM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've ran across that with hitec servos and the amplifier ext leads with futaba fm and pcm..
Old 12-12-2007, 04:46 AM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

okey this is my big step.

...i own the 14mz radio...always had it with the r149dp receiver with no promblems...

...i realy never had promblem with cristals . but now i have came up with the only reason to go 2,4

i can not fly turbines to my airport cose its grass and i have to travell to another..

becouse of bad organized model airports over here in greece

im never sure if some one will open in the same frequency like me

my new toy and most expencive in my rc history ,a twin turbine is geting ready...

so acording to manufactors a powerbox royal with two 14chanel futaba fasst receivers will be the ultimate for us!

so my 20 thausand $ question..

i dont want negetive feedbacks...i just want any reasons why not to go for it?

...i have only one and i guess its the same you dont want to talk about clear in all this pages of this post..

2,4 is new and we dont want to be crash dumies for the companies to imrove there products...
...and also i dont think ill get any money if my baby crash from there fult

so to risk or not to risk?

sorry for the bad eglish..
and thanx in advance for any replies

Old 12-12-2007, 07:49 AM
rhklenke

I don't see how the Powerbox Royal solves the problem of someone else on your frequency, aren't both receivers on the same channel? All that solves is an issue with noise onboard or a weak signal to the aircraft. If someone turns on on your channel, you're still out of business. Not so with the 2.4 GHz stuff...

Bob
Old 12-12-2007, 08:29 AM
DelGatoGrande

hey Bob!
man my head is full! i read all 11 pages!

...if you read carefully i sugest a powerbox royal with two 14chanel futaba 2,4 receivers!!

....but i dont know if this powerbox can work with the 2,4

i dont know if it can unterstan when one receiver is week to swich to the other like on cristal ones...

Old 12-13-2007, 02:27 AM
.:RClunatic:.
My Feedback: (21)

hey fellas, great info.

found some futaba holographic vinyl stickers for 95cents, shipped free. if you like stickers like me, these are sweet.
http://fliton.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=51
Old 12-13-2007, 06:33 PM
ace-RCU
My Feedback: (226)

Wonder why these servo leads with the chips do not work properly with PCM or FASST systems.

The good news is, the FASST system works fine with my three servos and regular servo leads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary, I had a problem with the amplified y's on one of my giant scale planes, bought the plane off a friend and all he took out was his Rx {JR}
I installed a Futaba PCM, after checking the servos direct without the Y everything worked.
Cut all the chips out and worked fine ?
Now I don't use any lead with something added just 20-22 gauge wire.
BRG,Billy
Old 12-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Gary Arthur
My Feedback: (29)

ORIGINAL: ace-RCU

Gary, I had a problem with the amplified y's on one of my giant scale planes, bought the plane off a friend and all he took out was his Rx {JR}
I installed a Futaba PCM, after checking the servos direct without the Y everything worked.
BRG,Billy
I agree....but why do they not work properly????????
Old 12-13-2007, 09:38 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

ORIGINAL: Gary Arthur

BRG,Billy
I was always under the impression that the amplified Y's were only needed in JR Rx setups. I've never used one with Futaba Rx's. Futaba doesn't sell them so why use one?

Marty
Old 12-14-2007, 12:24 AM
ace-RCU

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gary Arthur

quote:

quote:

BRG,Billy

I was always under the impression that the amplified Y's were only needed in JR Rx setups. I've never used one with Futaba Rx's. Futaba doesn't sell them so why use one?

Marty

I forgot to mention I had JR4721's on the Y's Also had problems with 6volts unregulated, would work then for no reason go nuts.
Now if I need more power to the servos I use a Buss Box with two servo battery ports and one for the Rx. No more problems and no voltage drop to the Rx when you load the servos down. Notable difference in power to the servos.
What do you guys think about using the stock FASST Rx in a Boomer or do you think I should run the Power Buss ????? Would like to see the Rx stand on it's own-Keep It Simple
Any thoughts??
BRG,Billy
Old 12-14-2007, 12:44 AM
ace-RCU

quote:

BRG,Billy

Marty

I did ask the so called Radio Guroooos and never go a straight answer??
Old 12-16-2007, 06:24 AM
DelGatoGrande

It looks like BVM is using already the 2,4!

if you zoom in the photo you can see the smal receiver !...so when the new 2,4 futaba receivers coming out?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32140.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	826814  
Old 12-16-2007, 10:56 AM
rhklenke

Yes, BVM has been flying the Spektrum 2.4 stuff for quite some time. The FASST 7-channel RX's and modules are already available and in use in jets as you can see in this thread. The 14-channel module and RXs are due out sometime around the first of the year...

Bob
Old 12-16-2007, 11:55 AM
DelGatoGrande

many reports from asia for lock outs and felures

reason is the 127 chanels 2,4 ofers and too much users!

house mobile phones 2,4
cellphones 2,4 spesialy panasonick use all 127 chanels
bluetooth 2,4 use 16 of the 127
intustry also

....ill try to take a ride with a chesna we have at our airport the 14mz receiver on 2,4 when i get it
and leave the radio on the grount on servo test....on ride ill record felure of conections....

still too new for me dam wips[8D]
Old 12-19-2007, 04:26 PM
GJr.
My Feedback: (3)

The amplified JR servo leads are to be used only with the older 524 "Z" pcm series of receivers. They are not recommended to be use with any of the newer 1024 pcm or ppm receivers. I think this also applies to using them with Futaba equipment.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:29 PM
GJr.
My Feedback: (3)

The amplified JR servo leads are to be used only with the older 524 "Z" pcm series of receivers. They are not recommended to be use with any of the newer 1024 pcm or ppm receivers. I think this also applies to using them with Futaba equipment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.