Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Is Bob Parkingson Models still in business

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Is Bob Parkingson Models still in business

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 12:11 AM
DF_Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Bob Parkingson Models still in business

Basher,

That wood jet is cool! What are you going to call it?
Old 04-12-2005, 05:35 AM
Xairflyer
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Is Bob Parkingson Models still in business

Did anyone actually start building the F10, just got the plans and thinking about building
Old 04-12-2005, 05:55 AM
BPFM

We have replyed to every e-mail within 3 days or sooner in the past year.
We receive about 50 per week so we can not reply same day all the time.
If you phone and get the machine and leave a message the we return your call. if you do not leave a message then we can not call long distance to return a call with no number.
Thank you,
Bob Parkinson
Old 04-12-2005, 06:04 AM
BPFM

Hi Edwin,
I did not get your last name so we can not look up your order.
But if you did not get it within 4-6 weeks then we send you a new one or refund your money.
We send parts by Canada post and it takes time to clear customs to the US.
Kits go by UPS and are traceable.
Bob Parkinson
Old 06-16-2006, 09:40 AM
kihei11
My Feedback: (13)

Bob,

Sorry to hear about the passing of you're wife, I too have had loss in my life it's hard to get over.
It's nice to hear you've moved on. One thing that helped me was getting everybody off my back, Taking care of business, I had debts and other things that went by the wayside and everytime these things would come up it'd put me back to how I felt before, after the loss of my marrage , losing my house and closing my business.

Now I'm in the union raising my kids and still flying planes, go to a great church and have a great rc club I enjoy. I never did get into ducted fans, My first kit was to be an f-86 sport jet, I ordered and paid for through you're business. though I was ignored and put off, I finally recieved a reasurring e-mail from you.

As I waited e-mailed and never recieved my sport Jet from you, it made me sad and I gave up on my dream of flying ducted fans. My name is Randy in Maui, I'm sure you remember. Whenever, I see R/C jets I think of you bro. I don't feel too good, sometimes i get angry, Which is silly, I'll be at the hobby shop and look at the f-86 that just sits there week after week and wonder, Then look away. Bob Get Me off your Back and send me the sport jet I've been waiting for for years. I'll Take a money order to and you'll never hear from me again E-mail me [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32730.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	478404  
Old 08-19-2007, 06:49 AM
rcdriver22

ORIGINAL: BPFM

We have replyed to every e-mail within 3 days or sooner in the past year.
We receive about 50 per week so we can not reply same day all the time.
If you phone and get the machine and leave a message the we return your call. if you do not leave a message then we can not call long distance to return a call with no number.
Thank you,
Bob Parkinson

Wow this must be another Parkinson as my experience with BPM is that I paid in full by Paypal for an Arrow kit back in May '07. I emailed again in July Bob said he'd been away on vacation. After now waiting three months I've asked for a rufund. No surprise again no response from him. I'm over in Ontario in a few weeks time so will call over to Peterborough. Its a sad business ripping off modellers to pay for your summer vacation

Paul
Old 08-22-2007, 10:28 AM
kihei11
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Bob Parkingson

This was my experience with Bob parkingson model Years ago. took my money and got nothing but excuses. He even moved from Florida to Canada This guy Just doesn't Care. Necer do business with this guy. Beware FFF
Old 08-22-2007, 12:29 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

About 20 years ago I ordered one of his ducted fan jet kits. It was a joke. A couple of sheets of plastic and some foam blocks. Roll up the plastic for the fuse, glue on the tail feathers and wings and you have a jet - right! The thing never got past first base. I never recieved my money back when requested. Run from this guy.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:52 PM
J. Campbell
My Feedback: (31)

IF BPM is still in business maybe i can get that Cheetah i ordered about oh say 10yrs ago! Russ
Old 08-23-2007, 03:21 AM
rcdriver22

Why am I not surprised, this rip off merchant wants another three months on top of the five months to date and I want a full refund. Luckly for me my son lives in Toronto and his uncle is a senior homicide detective who has made initial inquiries. I'm visiting in a few weeks so I'll visit and we'll meet up with Bob Parkinson in the flesh, face to face. Happy to pass him any short messages.

Paul
Old 08-23-2007, 10:00 AM
KHORTON

Seems kinda ironic that some of BPM jets were made from "credit card material" Sorry to hear some of you paid for but did not get your orders. BTW, why do people still want his kits? When was the last time you saw a BPM jet fly at a jet event. For me I think it was Deland, FL 1994? For me, everytime I see a post asking about his kits I chuckle, don't it just scream "nubie".
Old 08-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Square Nozzle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be carefull KHORTON, there are still many of us that like to build. If it wasn't for "newbies" wanting to progress, the hobby would eventually die. A BPM kit may look attractive to some of us "newbies". It sure appears, on the surface, to be an economical way to get your feet wet in jets. Not all of us want or can afford to spend $1K+ for a glass kit. I chose a Reaction 54 as my intro jet. A very fine kit I might add. But we all have to start somewhere and to many, balsa is attractive.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:52 AM
KHORTON

Hey John, We were all "nubies" at some point, but how does spending money on a kit that never shows up economical? That was my point. Nothing wrong with balsa. Looks like you choose a different path and purchased a proven kit from a respected manufacturer. And BTW I disagree that the hobby would eventually die if all the nubie builders didn't have a cheap way to start. I love to build also but I see plenty of guys starting at the top of the food chain spending thousands of dollars on their first jet.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:43 PM
Square Nozzle

'K' I got your point. You know, there was a time when I looked seriously at BPM's offereings. I saw BPM's Eagle at a flyin several years ago and thought it was a slick looking plane, and it was. I wanted one but never followed through. It's to bad we have manufacturers that deal with customers in the manner that is surfacing here. If it wasn't for these forums all use jet nubies would be lost. I get loads of knowledge from guys like you that have been in jets for a while. It takes a little digging but the information is there. I started my jet venture with economy in mind as well as having something the I could fly comfortably. Ther will be a time when I climb that food chain and get a glass kit. It will be something my P 70 will fit into. But till then I have to concentrate on getting my R54 done.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:18 AM
rcdriver22

I've traded jets and turbines for years, though most kits are grp like my Savex L39 with great surface detail I still like to balsa bash over the winter. Its generally about having something thats different down on the flight line.

Its a great shame that these rip off merchants like this survive for so many years in our hobby. Its difficult to get law inforcement to act unless there is multiple examples with customers willing to complain, however there are dedicated officers for Internet Fraud. For myself I was looking for a jet for my Wren 44 and having visited both the Toronto Museums settled on building an AV Roe Arrow and this led to BPM models. There were no health warnings or anything flagged up on him online.

Paul
Old 08-24-2007, 02:58 AM
davo580

if I new earlier you coul have brought mine for $650.00 aud complete with bran new df os91
Old 08-26-2007, 02:15 AM
teebox11
My Feedback: (33)

I have one for sale, about 80%, with df (os91), etc. No shipping. E-mail for info.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:53 AM
JohnFH
My Feedback: (6)

Be warned, Bob is a thief
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_63...tm.htm#6387723
Old 12-02-2007, 10:53 PM
[email protected]

Not to stir the pot here but I ordered BPM Regal Eagle about 12 yrs ago & received it in about 3 weeks & had no problems with it.

I then ordered a BPM Cheetah a couple years later & received it in 2 weeks.

Bob sure seemed like a very nice guy to talk to on the phone & deliverd in a timely fashion.

Old 12-03-2007, 05:25 AM
rcdriver22

Bob finally agreed to a refund. He emailed that his book keeper was to issue it by the end of October. Guess what Novembers gone by also and not a cent.

Paul
Old 12-26-2007, 08:01 AM
JohnFH
My Feedback: (6)

Yes Bob is still ripping people off, got my money in July, and nothing but excuses since, PayPal found in my favor, but couldn't recover funds.

ROBERT PARKINSON is a theif, this a FACT. See you in jail Bob
Old 12-26-2007, 09:21 AM
rcdriver22

John

I think this was your experience this year of Bob Parkinsons services to rc modellers.

Placed a $750 order on Aug 6th. with Bob Parkinson @www.rcjets.com 1-705 727 1340
As of today Sept 19, I have nothing, no order, no shipping or tracking information and when I contacted Bob about providing tracking info or canceling my order I get this reply on 9/11 after several emails asking for shipping info or a refund.

"I do not have any more time to spend on this."

wow a customer spends $750, almost 6 weeks later no product or tracking information and he doesn't have time to spend on this.

Thanks Bob

Old 12-26-2007, 10:13 AM
rcdriver22

Complaints on RCU go back to 2003 regarding non delivery of orders by BPM. Here are the ways to report this internet fraud. That is simply taking monies from rc flyers and just not making any attempt to then deliver the goods.

RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) Canada's Feds

http://www.rcmp.ca/scams/index_e.htm#reporting

For USA modellers use this online method

http://www.ic3.gov/

For Toronto and Ontario flyers use Barrie Police and email The Fraud Unit [email protected]

I need 10 examples to close Bob's paypal account and for a succcesful prosecution.

Paul
Old 12-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Mike Emilio

There's a bunch more guys in the Bob Parkinson Rip Off thread.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_63...tm.htm#6387723
Old 12-27-2007, 05:26 AM
rcdriver22

Thanks Mike

Its a key reason to keep this thread up and live in order to link up with other ripped off BPM customers. I was very interested in the termination of all direct sales to rc modellers and it would be very unlikely anybody within the model trade would stock or even order BPM kits which are then likely to be undelivered or short of key essential parts. Nobody is going to risk their business this way by having disappointed customers with incomplete orders.

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.