Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

will someoene PM me why the mirage thread is gone?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

will someoene PM me why the mirage thread is gone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 09:34 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default will someoene PM me why the mirage thread is gone?

Thanks,
Old 11-26-2007, 09:49 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: will someoene PM me why the mirage thread is gone?

J’s post started with “Anyone have a Mirage 2000 ( large ) kit laying around that would like to sell ?â€

Per RCU rules, that is placing wanted ad in discussion forum (FWIW, I’m not a proponent of this rule) and as such it was removed and J was adequately notified.

Regards

Ben
Old 11-26-2007, 09:49 PM
seanreit

See Ben's christmas thread (ghost rider)
Old 11-26-2007, 09:52 PM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That suxs after I took the time to upload the vids and post them of the mirage...

PS, I hate the wanted ad section. IT'S WORTHLESS!!!!
Old 11-26-2007, 09:57 PM
seanreit

I think we should all get a petition together to go to hearst and tell them why this particular area of RCU does not work! We have the most money to spend on this hobby, yet we are treated like numbnuts on this issue. It's insanity to treat the guys with arguably the most money to spend on advertisers products, in this fashion. It's simply common sense.

(what I wrote in another thread):
I have many posts on this site saying "Where can I go to buy (whatever)".

How are any of those threads any different from "Where can I go to buy a kit that is no longer in production".

Where is the common sense. The one guy in the midwest that has that kit, and reads the threads once a week, is not going to go over to the wanted ads. He just won't.

But he might see an updated thread.

Do I need to contact Hearst with the list of all the stuff I've compiled as to why this site doesn't work for the jet guys, who arguably have the most money to spend on product that they promote?
Old 11-26-2007, 10:01 PM
ghost_rider

ORIGINAL: seanreit

See Ben's christmas thread (ghost rider)
Sean

It all depends on the semantics. There was no specific mention that Ben was looking for items to buy.

Again, I’m not a proponent of the rule.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:05 PM
seanreit

Let Marc know that we are aware that the very content that is on this site was built by the members of this site. It is our collaborative intellectual property that we all share free of charge amongst each other.

And that any of those dollars from advertising or sales is our hard earned money.

A future owner, current owner etc, should be willing to understand the needs of those that built the foundation of the system (information).

Cause if no one shows up to the party, is it really a party.

This is just dumb. Really stupid. I can't think of any reason why his thread should have been removed other than someone making a bad interpretation of a well meaning rule.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:06 PM
1Eye
My Feedback: (2)

... There was no specific mention that Ben was looking for items to buy.
What?! You want us to believe you expect somebody else to give you all those goodies? I'm thinking "Ben" goes out and buys all that stuff for himself the day after Christmas. Doh, OSOD, wait a minute, I can't find the original thread!!!
Old 11-26-2007, 10:10 PM
ghost_rider

Let Marc know that we are aware that the very content that is on this site was built by the members of this site. It is our collaborative intellectual property that we all share free of charge amongst each other.

And that any of those dollars from advertising or sales is our hard earned money.

A future owner, current owner etc, should be willing to understand the needs of those that built the foundation of the system (information).

Cause if no one shows up to the party, is it really a party.

This is just dumb. Really stupid. I can't think of any reason why his thread should have been removed other than someone making a bad interpretation of a well meaning rule.
Sean

Send a PM to RCAdmin. He is the only person that can effect the changes.

Closing this one and thanks in advance for your understanding.

Best Regards

Ben
Old 11-26-2007, 10:24 PM
ghost_rider

Ben, if you can please edit my post in that last thread to include this, it's the last thing I have to say about it, and I think I've blown enough smoke off my soap box:

This issue rarely comes up, but every time it gets swept under the rug. Can one single regular member of this forum please stand up and say "I'm the guy that can't stand to see that type of thread, I can't skip over it, and I hate RCU for allowing it to waste my time".

Cause otherwise, it's about 129K of hard disk space on a system that has several hundred terabytes of storage, and in that case, who gives a rats ass?

This site is nearly running perfect, why not go the distance and achieve another level of excellence? Alternatively make the classified section to where all jet want ads show up whether you like it or not, so they are all seen?? Cause the current want ads does not work at all. Who is going to cruise the want ads? I don't know anyone who does, it does not work at all!!
Added above in this thread per Sean’s request here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6678668/tm.htm