Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

locking and deleting of better than disney thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

locking and deleting of better than disney thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 02:00 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default locking and deleting of better than disney thread

as many of you have seen today a thread was started about a troy built jet called the shokjet. i, in a civil manner asked why such a name was used after the situation between ronnie aka shok and troy built. i referenced the story in my post. the author pm'd me and had no idea of the past and wasnt happy that troy put him in this situation. the thread was closed and my post was deleted. the reason for closing the thread was said to be because of the name calling in the thread. i couldnt find any, only a discussion of why such an inciteful name was used. the mod that closed the thread was ian. he lives in the sarasota area same as troy built. i feel that this mod is biased towards troy and should consider this before taking such action. i have pm'd the mod twice and no answer. i love rcu, i love most of the mods, but i do expect a little respect as i give it, and lastly a response to my pm. i am sure this thread is doomed too, barry
Old 12-04-2007, 02:22 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: locking and deleting of better than disney thread

Barry,

IT"S ALL ABOUT THE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Marty
Old 12-04-2007, 02:38 PM
u2fast

i know its about the dollars. all the more reason to pick a more marketable name. and why would a mod from the same town as the manufacture clean up a thread under the disguise of name calling. i couldnt see any name calling and i am sure ian isnt going to slander me and accuse me of name calling in the post he deleted. i know this id isnt the place for this kind of stuff, but i cant find the place for it and it needed to be said. barry

ps, as i said earlier, i love rcu, it is like hanging with my friends. but this deal has a bad smell to it.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:46 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

I agree. I have followed the "goings on between Ronnie and TBM on this forum and another one for some time. When I initially saw the plane was called the Shockjet, I had assumed that a reconciliation had occured between both parties in terms of design credit and monetary compensation. Apparently this is not the case.

Marty
Old 12-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Flyjets
My Feedback: (51)

Gentlemen

The reason many of you are unaware of what was said and why things were deleted is as follows.

The Final comment on the Thread in question was made by Shok just prior to my locking it.

When I tell you it's out of line with cursing and Slander realize that this type of behavior is not allowed on RCU.

Hence my action to lock the Thread and clean up the accusations which may or may not be true.

What good comes from other then cheap entertainment value comes from these exchanges.

As a Moderator for many years here I have seen this type of encounter numerous times.

It is in the best interest of RCU and all parties that these type of Posts remain in check.

Thank You

Ian
Old 12-04-2007, 03:29 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Ian,
With all due respect, you cant really take an impartial stance on the subject since you are friends with TBM AND, put several flight on this aircraft at FIJR. Perhaps it would be better to allow another mod to handle the course of that particular thread??
No insinuations being made, just that you really should not be the one to moderate the subject...
JMHO
Todd
Old 12-04-2007, 03:32 PM
u2fast

ditto, my point exactly. i didnt need to hear it quack and walk to know there was a duck in the area. barry
Old 12-04-2007, 03:33 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Ronnie PM me what you said........it's gotta be soooo funny if they decided to shut you up! ha,ha
Old 12-04-2007, 04:21 PM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Thats a good point Todd, but again, typical RCU censorship!!

RCFREEDOM.COM BABY!!
Old 12-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Flyjets

Todd

I was asked to Fly the Troy Built jet to give my opinion on it which I did give them. While at this event I also assisted Lewis Patton and several other Modelers.

Two weeks earlier I was in Cape Coral and Flew one of my BVM Jets with Bob Violet and crew. I gave them my opinion on there electric Jet as I also did for another friend at lake Wales.

The above mentioned deeds have nothing to do with removing somebody posting cursing and slander.

Todd don't I also buy products from you? Does that make be Biased when I handle your complaints?

Happy Holidays

Ian
Old 12-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Shok
My Feedback: (28)

There was no slander and no cursing...I said Gene Payson is an a** for what he did

Ian if a** is a horrible curse word, I have to ask what time machine are you living in
Old 12-04-2007, 04:34 PM
lov2flyrc

Ian,
I am simply making the point that you, being friends with TBM and it's affiliates, in addition to having flown the airframe in question for TBM, can and will be construed as being biased towards the manufacturer. With that in mind, it would certainly be appropriate on your behalf to request another mod regulate the thread. Again, no insulations made by me here, just impartial opinion...
FWIW...
Todd
Old 12-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Flyjets

Actually Ronnie

As you might remember you first called them an A__ then called them S___ sorry but this is unacceptable with RCU Policy.

Again if you feel this to be an incorrect Moderation feel free to speak with Nathan or Marc.

I have presented an honest and unbiased viewpoint as a Moderator based on your Posts.

Happy Holidays

Ian

Old 12-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Shok
My Feedback: (28)

Fine I wont say anything else, let the the thread stand and see what it is....we got ripped and Gene Payson is making a joke of it.

Remember that when you spend your R/C dollars
Old 12-04-2007, 04:50 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If Ronnie used inappropriate language, then why not nuke his post rather than lock the whole thread ?

Regards,
Gordon
Old 12-04-2007, 04:51 PM
u2fast

ian, as you are pure as the win driven snow in this, please answer this question here since it has been avoided in our numerous pm communications. why did you delete my post. no name calling etc, just asked why would troy built name there jet this name, shokjet. and so the world will know, ian actually told me in a pm it was probably because it was a SHOK at how well it flew and took off and landed. come on. the turnip truck hasnt passed my way in a while. I HOPE TROY BUILT IS THANKFUL FOR ALL OF THIS GREAT PR THEY ARE GETTING HERE. barry
Old 12-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Adil Nasim
My Feedback: (61)

All this reading make me suggest a new name.. How about BULL_JET

seriously though, I think the posts looked fine and even if they did not, only the offending one/s should have been deleted..

Adil
Old 12-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Flyjets

Barry

I have told you several times now I don't control what a person or company chooses to name there product.

Then I offered you some information as to a comment made by Nick Zirolli possibly being the reason for the name.

Regarding the reason for your Posts being either edited or deleted. In your Posts you are making reference to the design being reproduced or stolen by the accused party.

There is no proof and I am not a trial Judge to decide guilt. I simply didn't want the entire Thread to go the direction it has gone.

I have left all our communication open and answered all concerned parties questions that had Merit on the subject.

We can't accuse a party of stealing or another crime on here and expect the Posts to remain that is against RCU Policy.

Barry last thing I am in town for 2 more days I really need to finish putting up the Decorations for the Holiday so I hope this is the last of this matter.

Happy Holidays

Ian
Old 12-04-2007, 05:38 PM
u2fast

as for proof, ronnie once posted the emails from troy to his fellas that wasnt supposed to be leaked out. but that got deleted too, wayback. bottomline here is most are smart enough to see the bull that is going on with this jet and the weak sorry name it has. the bummer is the newbie will not know the story and buy the product. morals and principles are important to me and i hated to see a friend wronged this way. i have no dog in this fight, i just was smart enough to see through the name and the real reason why you deleted my post, being from the same town as troy built and all. but i guess it was just a mere coincidence, so go hang them there christmas lights. barry
Old 12-04-2007, 06:01 PM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also reported the locking of this thread as I felt it unjustified.

There are plenty of threads on RCU insinuating copyright issues that are left to run. From memory I remember ones about Jetjoe, numerous Skymaster/JL threads, Mick Reeves Reaper, Jet 1A oleos etc.

I assumed that there was some bias in the thread locking as the content was no different from any of these threads. My assumption has been proved correct.

Flyjets, you claim not to be the judge and jury whilst simultaneously judging that one side of the argument is correct. The thread has not been locked or deleted, it has simply been been moderated with bias. You have only removed the comments on one side of the argument. How can you be sure that Shok is not correct and that his intellectual property is not being advertised against his will on RCU (or do you not care)?

If the type of comment in that thread is against RCU policy then I need to go back and report loads of other threads.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:28 PM
mdelzer

I agree with Todd. This thread would probably not exist if it had been passed on to a different moderator from the beginning.

Mark
Old 12-04-2007, 06:28 PM
lov2flyrc

Honestly, I have no problem with the thread in question having been moderated. If inappropriate comments or unverified information was posted, it should be removed. What I have issue with is whom performed the moderation as it was clearly not done without Bias. I personally know and respect Ian, I also know he is friends with TBM and some of their affiliates. I also witnessed Ian flying this aircraft, wearing a TBM shirt! Bit difficult to be unbiased under these circumstances and should have been left for another moderator to review and edit as necessary... My last word on the subject...
Todd
Old 12-04-2007, 07:01 PM
LSF2298
My Feedback: (4)

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to complain to Hearst Group?
Old 12-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

My post was deleted also. I only stated that I would not want to buy from a company that did that (The naming of the plane issue. I'm not passing judgment on the so called mis-appropriation of the design... )
Old 12-04-2007, 07:39 PM
cactusflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So, what can we learn from all this.........The guys at TBM are ripoffs that can't even come up with an original name for their stolen products and Ian is a moderator that has no clue of what CONFLICT OF INTEREST IS! OOPps, did I just type that out loud?

...............Todd is Dead-on................

So now we know,

John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.