Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

2.4 issues with gear sequencers??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

2.4 issues with gear sequencers??

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Jgwright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 issues with gear sequencers??

Juaffy

You should contact Emmerich at PowerBox He speaks good English and is always keen to help. He will gve you the correct answer and solution.

John

Old 03-30-2008, 02:53 PM
juaffy

Hi John,

I've sent Emmerich an Email already, im just waiting for the reply. So I thought for the meantime, I will ask the General Public.

Cheers,
Juaffy
Old 03-30-2008, 07:16 PM
Details 4 Scale
My Feedback: (3)

It sure seems like Futaba and JR have caused quite a mess with the new lower voltages, but it is the way of the future. The chipset in our new "Autosequencer" works down to 2V and uses a separate power supply lead for the MCU (chipset) power which automatically boosts the output signal to the servos or valves without the need for an opamp. We plan on offering 2 voltage supply system ranges for our new gear/door sequencer. One for the low voltage systems 3.3V or less and one for the older higher voltage systems using 5V logic chipsets to try to combat all the compatability issues now surfacing. As the industry changes to the lower power chipsets, we, the aftermarket suppliers are doing our best to keep up with all the changes. New chipsets are becomming available with an operating voltage down to 1.8V and I'm sure the voltages will be driven even lower as the market demands. It costs a lot to keep up these days. Microchip programmers have to be upgraded when changing to the lower voltages since the older programmers are based on the higher voltage chips as well, so it is has not been much fun for the aftermarket electronics manufacturers either. It would be nice if the radio equipment manufacturers would start keeping everyone in the loop when these changes are going to be, or have been made, without leaving all of us to figure out what is going wrong with our equipment.[]

Dan
Old 04-03-2008, 06:10 AM
johangr

Hi guys,

Need to know whether it is at all possible to restrict your servo movement through a gear and door sequencer. I have the EMS Gear & Door Sequencer, but if I program my radio to move the servo less than 100%, this setting is not transferred to the gear servo. This poses another problem. If this setting can be transferred, it's most likely going to affect both the gear and door channels on the sequencer? Any ideas or suggestions?
Old 04-03-2008, 06:47 AM
heraldoboldrin

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont know your gear sequencer but in minihobby sequencer you have to setup servo atv together with sequencer... check with EMS propabily is the same way
Old 04-03-2008, 12:11 PM
dbarrym
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: johangr

Hi guys,

Need to know whether it is at all possible to restrict your servo movement through a gear and door sequencer. I have the EMS Gear & Door Sequencer, but if I program my radio to move the servo less than 100%, this setting is not transferred to the gear servo. This poses another problem. If this setting can be transferred, it's most likely going to affect both the gear and door channels on the sequencer? Any ideas or suggestions?
The Jetronic sequencer behaves the same, you need to go "old school" and use a servo arm that is the correct length and geometry to get the motion you need. Rather than reduce throw, just use a shorter servo arm, and if needed, offset the arm on the servo to restrict output motion toward the end of the servo rotation/arc.

barry

Old 04-03-2008, 12:28 PM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

"Old school?" what the hell is that? We're going streakin'.....

ORIGINAL: dbarrym

The Jetronic sequencer behaves the same, you need to go "old school" and use a servo arm that is the correct length and geometry to get the motion you need. Rather than reduce throw, just use a shorter servo arm, and if needed, offset the arm on the servo to restrict output motion toward the end of the servo rotation/arc.

barry

Old 04-03-2008, 12:31 PM
dbarrym
My Feedback: (47)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: yeahbaby

"Old school?" what the hell is that? We're going streakin'.....
Ain't no school like the old skool, know what I mean, FREAK!!!?

now go get yo' freak on and finish that Hornet, be-atch!

Barry

Old 04-03-2008, 03:48 PM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

Guys,

This is a quick and simple solution to your 2.4 sequencer/valve issues.

It's the Powerbox signal amplifier - matter of grams and does the business and Emmerich has plenty in stock! I believe signal amplifiers were how they started out 10 years ago so I am sure they will work 100%

Rgds,
Mark
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74125.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	920859  
Old 04-03-2008, 09:20 PM
heraldoboldrin

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

why you guys don´t buy minihobby sequencer.. you can adjust servo direction and atv from each servo and works whell with futaba 2,4G..

www.minihobby.com
Old 04-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Details 4 Scale
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: johangr

Hi guys,

Our new "Autosequencer" gear/door sequencer from provides ATV adjustments for the gear and all the door servo/valve outputs independent of the transmitter.
Once the gear switch on the transmitter is setup, you can adjust the output ATV's to what ever you want. If you need an inch or only 1/4" of travel, no problem, no matter what the transmitter ATV is set to.

Dan
Old 04-08-2008, 06:53 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Just to let you know that Horst from Jet-tronic has had some Pulse amplifires made especially to deal with this issue.
I have just had my first order in stock. I think the retail will be under £10.00 Thats about $5000.00 Only joking $20.00.
They are no bigger than an extension lead and fit and forget in line.
Regards Al
Old 06-29-2008, 12:32 PM
ferrari.f1

I was very near to buy severals FUTABA 2.4 GHz Receivers,but I have a lot of HITEC Servo,I will buy only when FUTABA work with 3,0 Volts output!
Old 06-29-2008, 12:51 PM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

wellcome[8D]

i have 14mz on 2.4 with jr servo /no promblem yet. 14ch receiver on a heli.

and same receiver with powerbox royal on a 46% gas aerobatic all hitec no promblem there too
Old 07-06-2008, 11:17 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: heraldoboldrin

using just a matchbox will solve the problem or you need to add a battery in it??

anybody try to use a gear safe from Tamjets.. between the sequencer and the receiver???

Heraldo
I have one on 2.4 so at least the failsafe is working. I have a servo on mine, and havent noticed anything. Im running 6.6 volts