Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Reaction ARF - PST/BTE All-Composite Sport Jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Reaction ARF - PST/BTE All-Composite Sport Jet

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 07:28 AM
seflyer
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reaction ARF - PST/BTE All-Composite Sport Jet

never used Pro Links on my Reaction but have a few hundred flights on my Flashes with never a hint of any loosening, love those gear. pivot screws were checked every few months and never needed any attention either, used red Loctite when new, heat gun would always get it out if needed.

Kevin
Old 04-22-2013, 07:50 AM
E.N.T.
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I just had an accident with the right wing of my short nose blue-yellow
one. I'm in need of one. If any body has one I'm willing to buy it.

Thanks;

E.N.T.
[email protected]
Old 04-25-2013, 03:33 AM
2FAS
My Feedback: (5)

Guys, I'm very interested in a PST Reaction ARF in the Air Force Thunderbird scheme. I'm looking for suggestions on how to make that happen. The way I see it my options are:
1. Order one from PST in that custom scheme-(probably not very likely but awesome if I could)
2. Order an all white one and have it custom painted-(not sure who could locally do that)
3. Order white and find someone to create vinyl decals to create scheme-(not sure that can be done)

Please let me know any ideas you may have. If someone has a used PST Reaction in good condition I may be interested in that as well.

Thank you for your thoughts,

2FAS
Old 04-25-2013, 07:01 AM
Square Nozzle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same idea in mind when I ordered my Reaction X. I wanted to paint the plane in the Swiss Air Force Show team colors (Patrouille Suisse). Having seen many Reactions in factory paint I was turned off by the very obvious seam lines. After speaking to Bruce Tharpe, I ordered the plane in white. The seam lines were filled so they are not visible any more and I painted the entire plane with Transtar white primer and then all white. Torch Red trim is now being applied. Unless you are concerned, as I am, about visible seam lines, the plane can be ordered in all white and decals can be applied. Paint it yourself or have it painted in your desired scheme. Your choice.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:52 PM
2FAS

John, that's probably my best option. It would be nice if I could find a Thunderbird decal set that would fit. If you have pictures of your Reaction please share.

Thanks,

Corrie
Old 04-26-2013, 12:22 AM
cassiemitch

please show us photos of your painted scheme and how it looked .

Old 05-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Julien68

First flight with all the settings of the manual! but happiness!
Old 05-21-2013, 11:29 AM
E.N.T.

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Any body with a spare right wing??????

hmarmaizmd717
Old 05-25-2013, 04:05 PM
Bryan McLarty

I recently ordered my new reaction ARF in all white. Immaculate finish! The only nit pick is the seam lines needed sanding and finishing. I am doing mine in a Royal Navy scheme similar to the one on page 21 of this thread. Sea grey on top surfaces, white undersurface and custom decals from Callie Graphics. I think they should offer this one outright in all white finish so modelers could do more custom schemes. Looking forward to my first jet!

I also want to say that this ARF is VERY complete! All of the hardware is useable! I was impressed to find such a complete and well organized kit. Even the pushrods were pre cut, assembled with Sullivan metal clevises, paired, and labeled for what control surfaces they go to! Wow! That's impressive to me!
Old 05-26-2013, 10:08 PM
paulhat

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: Julien68

First flight with all the settings of the manual! but happiness!
Awesome flight Julien68.
I didn't think the VT80 would have the grunt to fly the reaction. No problems at all however.
Nice camera work as well !!

Paul.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:15 AM
Julien68

Thank you Paul
Old 05-27-2013, 05:55 PM
5skyhawk172

test
Old 06-01-2013, 04:02 AM
2FAS

Bryan, how is the Reaction going? I would love to see it in the all white. Are you going over it in white paint or is the white from PST ok? I sent an email to Callie Graphics to see if they can create the Thunderbird graphics scheme for a Reaction ARF. If they can I'm pulling the trigger on a white Reaction.

Thanks
Old 06-01-2013, 04:31 AM
Bryan McLarty

It's coming along well. Just had to shelf it for a while so I can finish some mods on another project that I plan on flying at Warbirds Over Texas in a couple of weeks. What I HAVE been able to do is sand the seams, apply some finishing compound in the low spots, etc. and re-sand. I'v e got the nose section completed and have also used just some Krylon white primer (can) over the touched up areas and seams. A little finish sanding and it will be as nice a surface as you could make it for painting. This Reaction will be getting some auto paint, PPG Omni, on the top surfaces. The white leftover should mostly be stock factory paint. The bottom half of the nose section will probably get some gloss white paint of some kind, probably just Krylon white, since it needed the most touch up. No sense in buying the expensive auto paint for such a small area.

I think your decision to order an all white model and use the vinyl graphics from Callie will be great! She does awesome work, but the trick will be getting the layout right for the Reaction outline since it isn't an F-16! :^). That's a clever idea and will definitely be a good looking plane! I could possibly take some pics of the individual components and post them if it would help you. I could show you what the seam sanding looks like after the touch up prior to paint. Just let me know what you'd like to see. I won't start assembly until after it gets some grey on it.

Bryan
Old 06-02-2013, 12:37 AM
>>-GERONIMO-->

Ok here is My own Paint Scheme for this Jet ,
and yes the BVM Bombs are Dropable
G.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77449.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	1887832   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql32827.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	1887833   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty66718.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	1887834   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ha79092.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	1887835   Click image for larger version

Name:	My25221.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	1887836  
Old 06-02-2013, 03:32 AM
2FAS

Bryan, any pictures of the white airframe would be great.

If you look closely, the Reaction looks similar in some ways to the F-4 phantom. The Airforce Thunderbirds flew those so there are pictures giving me ideas of how it would look. When I purchased my first jet last year, I wanted a Reaction, should have purchased a Reaction but didn't. Got something I never liked since the moment the build started. A Thunderbird schemed Reaction would make all those bad dreams go way

G, I really like your Blue and Yellow Reaction, nice job on all the details. I really like the way the canopy is painted. I saw what I assumed was the first flight onYoutube and it flew very well. You should be pleased.

2FAS

Old 06-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Square Nozzle

This weekend I finally got my "Brandy New" Reaction X maidened at the Highland Jet Rally in Frankfort NY. All went well with minor trim adjustments. A little explaination about the plane. I purchased it from Bruce and asked for an unpainted plane so I could do my own paint scheme and avoid the seam lines that are on the factory painted planes (I'm a pickey SOB). Bruce informed me that the factory could not produce one unpainted so I opted for an all white. I did the sanding, filling, priming and painting in my favored Patrouille Suisse scheme (I used the same scheme scheme on my Reaction 54). This is the finished product.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69720.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	1887962   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72572.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	1887963  
Old 06-02-2013, 06:03 PM
Bryan McLarty

Looks nice, John! What did you do for the wings? Any contrast?
Old 06-03-2013, 03:42 AM
2FAS

Nice job John. How long did it take to get in all white?

2FAS
Old 06-03-2013, 04:35 AM
Square Nozzle

Bryan & 2FAS, thanks for the nice comments. First, Bryan, the bottom of the wing is all red with a big white Swiss cross at the center line. I pretty much copied the Patrouille Suiss show team color scheme. I'm not very good at dreaming up color schemes so I copy what I like and feel enhances the planes profile. I'm an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer not an artist like so many of our counterparts are. If you do a search for Patrouille Suisse you'll see the full scale F5's. 2FAS, the white went on very well over a white primer. I used PPG Omni white, actually by mistake. When I went to the auto paint store I mistakenly asked for Omni instead of Transtar (I had always used Transtar paint in the past). I found that the Omni by PPG has much less pigment than regular PPG or Transtar so the painting of the white took a couple more coats than usual. The white primer is the key for me because it covers the sanded and filled areas so you get a uniform final cover coat.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:39 AM
2FAS

I went ahead and ordered a Thunderbird graphics set from Callie Graphics. once I receive the graphics and I'm satisfied it will look good on the Reaction, I will go ahead and order the all White Reaction. I want to make sure my idea will look good before I'm committed to an all white airframe. I will post some pics of the graphics when I receive them. Oh, I was amazed when Callie Graphics told me the graphics was only $50, I ordered before she changed her mind

2FAS

Old 06-08-2013, 06:00 AM
Bryan McLarty

2FAS:

Callie does some great work and is very, very reasonable in cost. Your $50 cost is about the most expensive thing I've seen produced. I'm sure your project is probably a little labor intensive for her, but seems like a bargain to me. Her products come with a transfer backing and the lettering is typically spaced and set correctly on the backer. She has done two custom sets of decals in which I sent her some internet photos and the best general description for what I wanted. Even the fonts are proper. She seems very particular to get it all correct every time I've worked with her in the past. Good luck!

My custom, all white Reaction ARF took about 3-4 weeks to get made, shipped and arrive at my house in Texas. It comes in two boxes of good size and is very well packed. Everything is well taped in bubblewrap and then taped within the box to hold it all in place for the journey. One fine job for sure!

One of the things I remember when I opened the box and inspected all of the components was how big this sucker is! Its a good sized jet and the finish and production efforts are excellent. Its really a fine product. I've said it before, but you'll be amazed at the completeness of the kit. Its a fun time getting to open up the box! Ho! Ho! Ho!

My Reaction is serial #160. I'd be interested in knowing what yours is.

Congratulations on your purchase! Keep us all informed of your receipt and initial impressions of your new jet!!!

I can't wait to get back working on mine.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:41 AM
gmccluskey

What adhesive are fellows using to install the thin aluminium heat shield to the underside of the rear fuselage?
Old 06-16-2013, 12:00 PM
Bryan McLarty

Hi, Mac.

I'm planning on using small screws on mine. Probably several, all around the perimeter.
I think that stuff is made out of stainless steel.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:15 PM
damagedgoodes

I used 3M spray adhesive. I cleaned the fuselage area with wax and grease remover and sprayed the fuselage and heat shield. I let the glue go tacky and then mated them together. It's holding up fine so far. Some people use silicon instead.

Cheers,

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.